RockWare Support Forum

Error message regarding OpenGL Driver buffers.

Hello good day peeps!
Whenever i create numerous lithologic models and try to rotate one of them i get an error message stating:
"Unable to swap OpenGL software-based driver buffers. Please switch to hardware-based OpenGL"
I turned on hardware based OpenGL in Preference-->Rockplot setting but its still showing the same message.

Any solution for this would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

PS: Have attached the error msg below as a pic.

image.png

Hello Mitch!
I have noticed it happening mainly with Lithology model, or any 3D models like models from P-data, T-data etc except 3D logs. 
So as soon as i clicked the process button in the lithology model tab, it creates a model and when i try to rotate, pan or do any kind of movement, the error pops up. Not always but i think its becoming frequent now. 
Yes i tried switching to Software based but ofcourse it throws that error then too. Then i switched to hardware based but weird the error pops up telling me to switch to hardware based again. 
Thank you!

I've discovered that the radio buttons to change to software based OpenGL in the RockPlot3D About box isn't working, Try changing to software from the RockWorks Preferences dialog and see if that helps.

We do sometimes encounter issues with certain manufacturers OpenGL drivers and find that the difference in performance isn't noticeable between the 2 modes. 

If you go to the RockPlot3D About dialog there is an "OpenGL Troubleshooting" tab that has information on you drive. Please copy that to this thread.

Mitch