RockWare Support Forum

Vista version

tballard

I just got a new computer to replace one that died and it came with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. I could not find one with Vista Business, unfortunately. I downloaded the current version of RockWorks 14 and installed it but get a "RockWorks 14 has stopped working" error with the following text: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program an notify you if a solution is available." The only option is a "Close program" button which then terminates RockWorks. This happens every time I try to run the program. I have RW14 installed on a laptop with Vista Business and it runs fine. Does RW14 require Vista Business or above to work correctly, or am I experiencing some other sort of error here?

I've searched the forums here and could not find any reference to this issue.

Thanks for any assistance!

Tom Ballard

Hi Tom,

I'm so sorry for the delay in responding to your posting. The program should run fine in Vista Home Premium. I would recommend downloading the installation program again from our website (Download / Product Updates menu) and installing again. If you continue to see this (or another) error message, please contact me by email with the specifics.

Molly Mayfield

molly@rockware.com

RockWare Inc.

I'll have to call technical support since it now needs a re-install code, but I appreciate the information that it should run on Vista Home Premium. The issue may be 32-bit vs 64-bit, I'm thinking.

OK, it looks like for some reason, on my computer or version of Vista, RW14 is not doing a complete install. Going to the Rockworks 14 folder in your Documents directory and then deleting the System folder, followed by starting up RW14 again appears to solve the problem.

Thanks to Kate in technical support for solving the problem!