RockWare Support Forum

problems to run the Igpet program

I can't run the Igpet program at my HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook using Windows 7 Home Premium. Some time ago I had the same problem but I was able to run the program 'as administrator'. Nevertheless, now I can't run it by this way, and when I start the program it show me the message: 'Device unavailable68' and then 'Find a path\file for norm.files (*.nrm.txt|*.txt|'

Anyone knows the solution for this problem?

Thanks!

Hi,

The "Device unavailable (Error 68)" error has the following causes:

The device you are trying to access either is not online or doesn't exist.

My first thought is that IgPet, on startup, reads your last-saved preferences from a file "igprefini.txt" which resides in the Program Files\Igpetxxxx\Controls folder on your C drive. (This will be "Program Files (x86) on a 64-bit computer.) One of the items in this file is the location of the file that lists the normalization factors for the S-norm function in the Calculator. If the location of this file is on a disconnected device, it is possible that this error could be delivered. Or, it could be possible that if you are not running the program with adequate user permissions, that this file will also be inaccessible.

So, I would first check that you are, indeed, running IgPet / As Administrator.

I would then open the "igprefini.txt" file into Notepad and look at the 6th line in this file. Be sure the file that is listed here exists on your computer. (If it reads "default", then be sure the "default.nrm.txt" file resides in this Controls folder).

If the listed file does exist, and if it resides in a restricted folder, you can try moving the file to a location (such as your Documents folder) where you have more flexible permissions. Be sure and edit the "igprefini.txt" file to reflect the new location of this file.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.