RockWare Support Forum

Exporting and editing GTplot

lltierney

I see that in GWB Essentials 7.0 it says that I can copy my plot and paste it into MS Excel and the numerical values of the data points will appear in spreadsheet format. However, I can paste the plot, but no data appears. I am running version 6.0 of GWB. Does this version not export the data? Also, I am not able to right or left click on the axes to edit. Is my GTPLOT not running correctly, or do I need an updated version to export and edit? Thanks for any advice!

I see that in GWB Essentials 7.0 it says that I can copy my plot and paste it into MS Excel and the numerical values of the data points will appear in spreadsheet format. However, I can paste the plot, but no data appears. I am running version 6.0 of GWB. Does this version not export the data? Also, I am not able to right or left click on the axes to edit. Is my GTPLOT not running correctly, or do I need an updated version to export and edit? Thanks for any advice!

Hello:

The "direct copy/paste" functionality is a feature available in version 7 only.

However, in version 6, you can get Gtplot data out to an Excel spreadsheet via the "File - Save Image" option. Under the "Save as type" menu, choose the "Spreadsheet File (Tab delimited) (*.txt)". You should then be able to open this data in Excel using the import wizard.

Let me know if that answers your questions.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.

Hello:

The "direct copy/paste" functionality is a feature available in version 7 only.

However, in version 6, you can get Gtplot data out to an Excel spreadsheet via the "File - Save Image" option. Under the "Save as type" menu, choose the "Spreadsheet File (Tab delimited) (*.txt)". You should then be able to open this data in Excel using the import wizard.

Let me know if that answers your questions.

Regards,

Tom Meuzelaar

RockWare, Inc.