RockWare Support Forum

Kinky Contours in Quicksurf

Mud-Dauber

I had an on-again, off-again issue with Quicksurf, which I've used for many years for contouring environmental and geologic data. The issue is contours with offset kinks in them when using the kriging algorithm, typically with the exponential variogram model with concentration data. The surface will grid and contour as usual, but some, not all, of the contours will contain kinks in them in which the contours are offset a short distance, usually roughly equivalent to the grid spacing in short segments. The offset contours have right angle connecting segments to the main contour pline. It's a pain to have to do a lot of editing of these offset segments to obtain a clean figure for sharing with workgroups and insertion in reports, so I'd like to find out if I could make them magically disappear. The problem is more common with certain datasets than others. I can send examples, with data files, Quicksurf and Autocad files, if that would help

Any suggestions and is anyone else experiencing this? I usually design my variograms using the VARIO function.

Otherwise, the program rocks and I couldn't live (in consulting) without it.

• 3 years later...