RockWorks/17 Revision History
(057) Improvement (12/28/17/JCJ): A new, faster technology for copying data into the RockWorks borehole database has been applied to the new import, the Penetrometer import, the Geoprobe DI import, the multi-column I-Data, P-Data, etc. imports, and the copying of data from one project to a new project.
(056) Bug Fix (12/28/17/MIW): The Reset Defaults and Stretch Fit options within the RockPlto3D | View Dimensions menu now work correctly.
(055) New Feature (12/21/17/MIW): The Utilities | Map | EZ-Map program now includes an option for color-coding the symbols based on a value within a datasheet column.
(054) Cosmetic (12/21/17/MIW): The Voxel Morph dialog has been fixed.
(053) Bug Fix (12/18/17/MIW): The Utilities|Grafix|2D Utilities|Export|Raster-to-Image program no longer ignores the Margin property.
(052) New Feature (12/15/17/MIW): An IsoSurface / Voxel option has been added to the Solid|Morph program.
(051) New Feature (12/13/17/MIW): The Max Distance Cutoff setting within the gridding algorithm menu now allows the user to specify the distance as a percentage of the project size OR in project units.
(050) New Feature (12/11/17/MIW): A new program titled LIDAR-to-Cloud has been added to the Utilities | Survey program. This program reads very large (e.g. 4.5gb) text files that contain either XYZ or XYZRGB (XYZ plus Red, Green, Blue) data and plots the points in 3D as a "point cloud". The program also includes an option to decimate the data by sampling at a user-specified interval.
(049) Bug Fix (12/11/17/MIW): The Scattergram linear correlation coefficient now includs the sign of the slope.
(048) Enhancement (12/1/17/MIW): The RockPlot2D | Find Closest Point in Utilities Datasheet now works even if the diagram and datasheet coordinate systems are different.
(047) Bug Fix (12/1/17/MIW): The Utilities | Survey | XYZ -> Optimum Path | Path 3D program now creates a diagram.
(046) New Feature (12/1/17/MIW): The I-Data and T-Data Volume programs now include an "Ore Net Mass" in the report if the Density conversion option is activated. All other mass computations are based on the gross volume.
(045) Improvement (11/30/17/MIW): Changes to the Orientation Resolution will now rescan the borehole data in order to recompute the XYZ coordinates along the borehole.
(044) Improvement (11/30/17/MMM): The Help menu now has a Show Log menu item within the Miscellaneous section.
(043) Bug Fix (11/29/17/MIW): The Show RCL settings for the Grid Gonstant Math now show the correct variables.
(042) Improvement (11/29/17/MIW): The Automatic Increment for deviated boreholes is now based on the elevation range of the project rather than the "project diagonal" (distance from maximum SW elevation to minimum NE elevation). This convention works better for horizontally large projects with shallow boreholes.
(041) Cosmetic (11/22/17/JPR): The Preferences | RockPlot/3D menu now displays an option labeled "Hide warning when overwriting tables." This replaces a previous checkbox where the text was garbled (i.e. "Don't show his dialog."). If unchecked, RockPlot3D will display an overwrite warning when appending other RockPlot3D diagrams into the current diagram. These files may contain lithology and stratigraphy tables that are different than the current diagam. For example, let's say that you've displayed a new 3D log diagram and append a stratigraphy model that was created before adding some new stratigraphy types. In this case, the stratigraphy table within the old file will not include the new stratigraphy types.
(040) Bug Fix (11/20/17/MIW): The Borehole Survey Report now lists the inclination in the same system as that which is specified within the input menu.
(039) Improvement (11/20/17/MIW): Multiple labels may now be pasted as one group into the Morph Models | Labels dialog.
(038) Bug Fix (11/20/17/MIW): The Utilities | Planes | Strike & Dip Diagram (3D) menu is now displayed without errors or extra menu items.
(037) Bug Fix (11/13/17/JCJ): The Edit-As-Datasheet option now shows all of the data rows.
(036) Improvement (11/13/17/JPR): The Utilities | Solid | Polygons -> Solid program has been rewritten to work correctly.
(035) New Feature (11/13/17/JCJ): When a
project uses SQL Server logins (versus a Trusted
connection/OS Authentication), the login of User name and Password can be a
part of the connection parameters. This is done from the Advanced button on
the Connection editor (or Database Engine tab in the New Project Wizard).
Uncheck "Use Trusted Connection" and the enter values for User_Name and
Password in the FireDAC Connection Editor dialog.
If one or both of these are left blank a Login dialog will appear when opening the database and allow the user to enter them. The values will be cached for the session so the login dialog appears only once, instead of multiple times, but not saved.
The behavior change is the caching of the user name and password and suppression of multiple appearances of the login dialog.
(034) New Feature (11/13/17/JCJ): The Foreign Key / Types Editor (for Aquifer, Bitmap, Lithology, Stratigraphy, and Well-Construction types) allows the user to create and show user-defined fields. Look for it in the Edit menu of the Types Editor.
(033) Bug Fix (11/13/17/JCJ): Import of types from a Text or LogPlot keyword file once again imports the pattern definitions. Some duplicated code to parse patterns was eliminated.
(032) Improvement (11/13/17/JCJ): A memory leak in the Foreign Key / Types Editor has been plugged.
(031) Bug Fix (11/13/17/JCJ): The Foreign Key / Types Editor (for Aquifer, Bitmap, Lithology, Stratigraphy, and Well-Construction types) background grid color is no longer ignored.
(030) Bug Fix (11/13/17/JCJ): The Pattern Comparison dialog prompt's font in no longer incremented every time it is used.
(029) Cosmetic (11/02/17/MIW): Some typos within the Collada Export menu have been fixed.
(028) New Feature (11/02/17/MIW): An option has been added to the RockPlot3D configuration for disabling the double-buffering. This addresses a rare problem with selected Intel video cards.
(027) New Feature (11/02/17/MIW): An option has been added to the RockPlot3D | Collada Export for including "normals".
(026) Cosmetic (11/02/17/MIW): The item spacing within the Collada Export | Select menu has been fixed.
(025) New Feature (11/01/17/MIW): A
Collada (dae) export option has been added to the RockPlot3D
Only one object at a time can be exported. The choices can be confusing on busy scenes so it's best to turn off items in the scene first.
Some programs such as Sketchup require that the coordinates are shifted to a 0,0,0 origin and there's an option on the dialog for this.
The Collada file and it's texture file are separate files and must be in the same folder but they can be moved. The texture file either contains the colors or a draped image.
Here's a link to a free Collada viewer: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi_nNXjqJ7XAhVkw4MKHTODAU0QFggoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.open3mod.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw0XzczrnZV0ppVH4ypd30AR
(024) Bug Fix (11/01/17/JCJ): Duplicate borehole checking now works again.
(023) Bug Fix (11/01/17/JCJ): Installation of local help was not being installed when the version date got out of sync.
(022) Bug Fix (11/01/17/JCJ): Import I-Data was not importing due to the import reader reading past the end of the file.
(021) Improvement (11/01/17/JCJ): Bulk Conversions from and to Easting/Northing updates the progress bar more consistently when processing large number of boreholes and allows the user to cancel the operation. Also during the bulk conversion to PLSS the messages showing the hunt for Meridian/Township/Range and Section are suppressed .
(020) Bug Fix (10/30/17/JCJ): The State Plane conversion now works correctly.
(019) Improvement (10/27/17/MIW): It is now possible to select multiple items within the ReportWorks Layer List. This new capability works with the Delete Layers and Select Layer Items options.
(018) Improvement (10/27/17/MIW): The ReportWorks custom scaling no longer resets the y-scale when changes are applied.
(017) Bug Fix (10/23/17/JCJ): The View | Select boreholes now shows the boreholes when the data units and Model unit are different. Specifically; When there were mixed units (e.g. feet vs. meters) between input (database data) and output units (Grid and Model Dimensions, there was an issue with the Scan boreholes function to calculate the dimensions corectly. This was most notable when working with subsite dimensions. Please note: the dimensions are always shown in the Output dimension units (this was also fixed to display correctly)
(016) Bug Fix (10/20/17/JCJ): The Excel/Text import has been re-designed to import data within the correct sequence. Specifically, the previous version iterated over the import as it is stored in the file, which broke the importer as it needs to import in a sequence to maintain the data's relational integrity (i.e. import the Stratigraphy Types and Locations before Stratigraphy).
(015) Cosmetic (10/19/17/MIW): The memory report no longer generates negative numbers.
(014) Cosmetic (10/19/17/MIW): The memory report no longer changes to the same color as the background if the available memory drops below 25%.
(013) Improvement (10/18/17/MIW): The layer information is now saved when importing DXF polylines into RockPlot2D.
(012) New Feature (10/18/17/JCJ): Help is now included with the installations. Whether to use it or not, is still set in the Preferences | General Program Settings | Help System. The date of the zip file is maintained so if a newer version is included in the installation it will be un-zipped automagically (only if RW is set to use the local help). If the help is set from the web back locally the date will be checked at that time and unzipped if necessary. This solves the a paradox in which users without web access could not download the help files to use them locally.
(011) Bug Fix (10/09/17/JCJ): The single-table Excel and Text imports now work correctly (again).
(010) Improvement (10/06/17/JCJ): The ChkMaint.dll is now implemented with the DelayLoad option to work around problems installing RockWorks. The ChkMaint.dll error is reported in the Setup Log*.txt in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\ The command line argument /force=true helps to work around problems installing RockWorks with the ChkMaint.dll error.
(009) Improvement (10/06/17/JCJ): Project Dimensions are now displayed when specified after importing an Excel file into the Borehole Manager.
(008) Bug Fix (10/06/17/MIW): Fixed a problem with digitizing points in RockPlot2D. Data | Options | Export: clipboard and text file were not working,
(007) Improvement (10/06/17/JCJ): Updated link to unlock RockWorks via the web.
(006) Bug Fix (10/06/17/MIW): Fixed a problem with RockPlot2D - File | Import | DXF: local map origin not being saved.
(005) Bug Fix (10/06/17/JCJ): Fixed a problem with the borehole name and data out of sync when hiding disabled boreholes.
(004) Bug Fix (10/06/17/MIW): Fixed a problem resizing an image in RockPlot2D.
(003) Bug Fix (10/06/17/MIW): Fixed a problem with Infrastructure not plotted if it intersects a borehole in a section.
(002) Bug Fix (10/06/17/MIW): Fixed a problem with Graphix / 3D Utilities / Infrastructure Building Labels not plotting.
(001) Improvement (10/02/17/MIW): The Project Dimensions are now updated afer importing data without project dimensions.