Note: The changes listed below are modifications that have been made
AFTER the initial, 6/30/13 release of
For a summary of the hundreds of new features introduced within the 6/30/13 release of RockWorks16, please click here.
(288-290) New Features (09/23/13/MIW/JPR): A new set of programs grouped under the "XYZ->Optimum Path" heading has been added to the Utilities / Survey (Level 2) menu.
These programs are used to compute the optimum (least curvature) path for a polyline (e.g. well bore, tunnel) that passes through a series of xyz point (intercepts). The input consists of a list of the XYZ intercepts. These intercepts might include seismic "hot spots" for a horizontal oil and gas well or vertical shaft locations that a planned tunnel must intersect.
The new sub-programs for the XYZ->Optimum Path program are described as follows;
(288) The new XYZ Points program computes the polyline path and lists the total distance (e.g. drilled depths), xyz coordinates, azimuth (bearing), inclination (dip), true vertical depth (relative to the initial XYZ point), and indicates vertices that correspond to the intercept points and their closest distance from the path. The spacing between these points is initially defined by the "Distance Increments". The final spacing will be modified during the iterative process of smoothing the path to accommodate the maximum angularity setting.
The dashed lines shown above indicate where rows of output data have been removed in order to highlight the intervals that correspond to an intercept.
(289) The new Downhole Survey program performs the same computations as the XYZ Points program and creates a downhole survey table that can be copied into the Orientation table for a borehole within the Borehole Manager. This table may also be used as a tool for geo-steering and tunnel construction.
The following example depicts a 3D borehole log from a survey table that has been copied into a Borehole Manager orientation table.
(290) The new Plot 3-D Path program performs the same computations as the XYZ Points program and plots a 3-D diagram in which the original intercept points are shown as numbered spheres, the optimum path is plotted as a tube, and the offset (if any) between the intercept points and the closest points along the optimum path are shown as lines.
Note: A new tutorial file titled "XYZ_To_Path_01.rwDat" has been added to the Samples folder to demonstrate these new programs.
To view a video showing some of these features, click on this link ... http://youtu.be/kcq9HAqhcC4
(287) Bug Fix (09/26/13/MIW): The Utilities / Grids / Grids -> Solid Model program no longer generates an Access Violation error.
(286) Cosmetic (09/25/13/JCJ): The extraneous entries for unused dialogs within the Windows listing have been removed.
(285) New Feature (09/25/13/JCJ): Internal projection fields can now be transferred between the Utilities datasheet and the Borehole Manager database.
(284) Improvement (09/25/13/JCJ): The automatic mapping of fields when transferring data between the Utilities datasheet and the Borehole Manager database has been improved.
(283) Improvement (09/25/13/JCJ): The data within the Borehole Manager tab sheets are now "posted" upon exiting the tab sheet. The net result is that any posting errors are caught earlier in the process for a better workflow.
(282) Bug Fix (09/25/13/JCJ): Sorting the boreholes based on the Enabled field within an SQL server database will now list the Enabled boreholes at the top, just like the MS Access files.
(281) Bug Fix (09/25/13/JCJ): The scroll-bar is now displayed after importing into a blank database.
(280) Improvement (09/25/13/JCJ): When importing borehole data into the Borehole Manager, if the user elects to map data into the Easting/Northing fields, the data will also be stored within the Other Coordinates fields. On the other hand, if the user elects to map data into the Other Coordinates fields, it will be left to the user to run the Coordinate Converter to copy/convert this data into the Easting/Northing fields.
(279) Cosmetic (09/24/13/MIW): The results from the Utilities / Survey / Downhole and Borehole Manager / Striplogs / Downhole Survey program are now identical.
(278) Bug Fix (09/24/13/MIW): Programs the implement g-filters within solid models no longer generate Access Violation errors.
(277) Improvement (09/24/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D Raster Image options now show the initial dimensions of the image within the clipping window.
(276) Bug Fix (09/24/13/MIW): The XYZ Spatial Filter rules now display correctly when a computer is configured for large fonts.
(275) Improvement (09/23/13/MIW): Programs that generate RockPlot2D legends now include an option for setting the background color as well as leaving it transparent. The default is set to white.
(274) Cosmetic (09/22/13/JPR): The Samples / Survey_01.rwDat tutorial file has been revamped to address the re-design of the Utilities / Survey / Bearing/Inclination/Distance program.
(273) Bug Fix (09/20/13/MIW): Deviated 2D Borehole header symbols and column titles are now plotted correctly when clipped.
(272) Improvement (09/20/13/MIW): The Cutoff for the Grid to Stratigraphic Model program is now optional (defaults to 0).
(271) Bug Fix (09/20/13/MIW): The Reportworks program is now able to embed RockPlot2D files.
(270) Bug Fix (09/19/13/JCJ): Creating a new project based on an existing project now correctly copies the Project Support Tables.
(269) Improvement (09/18/13/MIW): Line thicknesses and line styles are now more consistent between the screen display, export to bitmaps, and printing.
(268) Bug Fix (09/18/13/JCJ): Custom fields within the Borehole Manager tables (e.g. Stratigraphy) are now displayed.
(267) Bug Fix (09/18/13/JCJ): The Project Folder / Rename Project option now uses "null terminated strings" meaning that it's compatible with UniCode text.
(266) New Feature (09/18/13/JPR): A new program titled "Cavern Model" has been added to the Utilities / Survey / Bearing\Inclination\Distance program.
This program uses the tubes and/or truncated cones (described within Revision #266 below) to construct block models in which the voxels inside and outside of the tubes and/or cones are assigned to user-designated values.
By setting the node values outside the tunnels and/or caves to a null value (-1.0e27) or zero and setting the interior values to 1.0, the output model can be multiplied by other geological models to show and compute what will be encountered within a tunnel.
The following diagrams depicts other possible applications.
(265) New Feature (09/18/13/JPR): A new program titled "3-D Tubes" has been added to the Utilities / Survey / Bearing\Inclination\Distance program.
This program uses the Initial Radius & Final Radius settings within a survey input file to plot tubes that represent cave/karst features and/or tunnels. The reason behind two radii is to allow the user to create truncated (frustum) cones for passages that narrow or widen. It can also be useful for cave mapping when "shooting" at a large face (versus creating many individual tubes).
(264) Improvement / Re-Design (09/18/13/JPR): The Utilities / Survey / Bearing\Inclination\Distance program and datasheet input format has been redesigned.
The input format now consists of three groups of columns;
(A) The first group of columns lists the Station Numbers, Descriptions, and XYZ coordinates.
(B) The xyz coordinates for control points are listed whereas the xyz coordinates are left blank for the unknown stations.
(C) The second group of columns list the From, To, Bearing, Inclination, Distance, Instrument Height, Target Height, Initial Radius, and Final Radius.
(D) The optional Initial Radius and Final Radius columns are only used by the new 3-D Tubes (see Revision #266 above) and Cavern Model (see Revision #267 above) programs. These columns may be omitted If you don't plan on using the new Create Void Model program.
(F) The optional Color column is only used by the new 3-D Tubes program.
(E) The third group of columns list the station numbers for creating 3D panels. These columns may be omitted if you don't plan on using the Create Panel Diagram program.
The original Bearing\Inclination\Distance program has been split into four new sub-programs as shown below. This reduces the complexity of the previous one-program-does-all approach.
(263) Improvement (09/17/13/JCJ): The error message that appears when an attempt is made to update a blank type within the "Edit as Datasheet" utility has been clarified ("Field contains empty string.")
(262) Bug Fix (09/17/13/JCJ): The "Edit as Datasheet" utility for borehole database tables now works correctly with SQLServer databases.
(261) Enhancement (09/17/13/MIW): Symbol colors may now be set for polylines independent of the polyline color.
(260) Bug Fix (09/17/13/MIW): The log title on clipped non-vertical boreholes is now plotted correctly at the top of the log.
(259) Improvement (09/17/13/JCJ): The Types Tables (I/P/T Data) column display order is now independent from the Order field. If you reset the tab columns it will rebuild the columns by the table Order value. When you manually drag columns around, the Order field is not changed, it is only changed by editing the Order field directly.
(258) Bug Fix (09/15/13/MIW): Polyline symbols are now consistently scaled. In the previous verion, the size would vary slightly depending upon the angle of the symbol.
(257) Improvement (09/15/13/JPR): Polyline labels no longer start at the beginning of the polyline. Instead, they now begin at a distance equal to or greater than the specified label spacing distance. The distance may be greater than the designated spacing if the angularity of the line prevents an asthetically acceptable labeling (i.e. the algorithm will keep moving along the line until it finds a suitable location for the label).
(256) New Feature (09/13/13/JPR): The Utilities / Grid / Grid -> Profile option has been re-named to "Grid(s) -> Profile" and split into two sub-options; "Single" (identical to the previous Grid -> Profile program), and "Multiple" - a new program.
The new Grids(s) -> Profile / Multiple program is used to plot polylines for multiple grids (e.g. grids imported from other programs).
Note: A new sample file titled "Grid_Profiles_01.rwDat" has been added to the Samples folder to illustrate this new program.
(255) Improvement (09/12/13/JPR): The Utilities / Grid / Grid -> Profile program has been re-designed to take advantage of the new profile polyline attributes. Specifically, this means that both the grid that is being profiled and the optional Surface Profile have their own sub-menus with independent polyline attributes.
(253 & 254) New Features (09/12/13/JPR): Two new features has been added to the new Plot Surface Profile menu (see item #247 below);
(253) The surface profile polyline may now be labeled (e.g. "Ground Surface").
(254) Symbols may now be plotted along the surface profile polyline.
This new textual annotation and symbology can be used to create more descriptive diagrams. Note how the second example below shows a non-surface grid (i.e. the top of an aquifer).
(252) Improvement (09/11/13/JCJ): The results from checking the database integrity for a SQL database are better formatted showing each table on a separate line.
(251) Improvement (09/11/13/JCJ): Simplified the creation of a new project folder that connects to an existing SQLServer database. Before this process was awkward and had a tendency to overwrite the xy projection system.
(250) Cosmetic (09/11/13/MIW): The Buffer for the upper and lower filters within the Solid Options dialog is now set as an integer.
(249) Improvement (09/11/13/JPR): The name of the grid file is now included within the layer name within profile and sections.
(248) Bug Fix (09/11/13/MIW): The bounds calculation for rotated text when the vertical exaggeration was not equal to 1 was incorrect when saving to a file. This caused problems with RW2D scaling in ReportWorks.
(247) Cosmetic (09/11/13/JPR): The sub-options associated with the Plot Surface Profile (used by all the programs that create profiles and section) have been moved into a new dialog box with embedded instructions. This modification has been made in order add future features to the surface profile without adding additional clutter to the main application menus.
(246) New Feature (09/10/13/JPR): A new program titled "Compute Origin Lon/Lat For Local Coordinate System" has been added to the Utilities / Coords menu.
This program is used to determine the origin longitude/latitude given the local coordinates and longitude/latitude for a point. This origin is used elsewhere within RockWorks to internally convert local coordinates to global coordinates.
(245) Enhancement (09/09/13/MIW): The Stratigraphic model polygon filtering has been extended to work with interior filtering with both complex and concave polygons.
(243) Bug Fix (09/09/13/JCJ): I-Data, T-Data, and P-Data tracks within the Tree Menu are now refreshed when you switch projects.
(242) Improvement (09/09/13/JCJ): If the symbol or pattern files are not located by the program (i.e. non-standard configuration/installation), the program will use the following logic: The location for the symbol and pattern files will first take what is in the System level ini file. If the location is not set or blank it will use the value (if any) stored in the Registry override HKLM\Software\RockWare\RockWorks16 in RwSymbols or RwPatterns. If the location is still not set or the file is missing, the user will be prompted for a value.
(241) Bug Fix (09/06/13/JCJ): The Project / Rename command now works correctly.
(240) Bug Fix (09/06/13/JPR): The following EarthApps sample datasheets were corrupted (i.e. data columns missing) and have been repaired.
(239) Improvement (09/06/13/JPR): The Datasheet / View / Optimize Column Widths program now "hardwires" the column labeled "Use" to 24 pixels.
(238) New Feature (09/04/13/JPR): A new Level-2 program titled "Ternary - Multiple (Map)" has been added to the Utilities / Statistics / Ternary menu.
This program creates maps of ternary diagrams based on a list of data file names and the coordinates for the diagram midpoints. A sample file titled "Ternary_Map.RwDat" is now included to show the format for a "master file". Five additional sub-tables (Ternary_01.rwDat ... Ternary_05.rwDat) have also been added to the sample files.
The Ternary / Multiple (Map) menu includes options for defining the width and height (as a percentage of the diagram project size) of the ternary diagrams within the final map. Height and width are specified separately (as opposed to a single "Size" parameter) such that the aspect ratio can be varied depending upon personal preference and to accomodate additional annotation (e.g titles and legends).
The nuances of the diagrams (e.g. columns used for axes, contouring options, etc.) are based on whatever settings were used the last time that the Ternary / Single program was used.
As with all RockPlot2D maps and diagrams, the output from the Ternary / Multiple (Maps) program may be exported to Google Earth by clicking on the Google Earth button within RockPlot2D.
(234-237) New Features (09/02/13/JPR): A new suite of programs under the heading "Compute Horizontal Borehole Path" has been added to the Borehole Manager / StripLogs / menu.
These program are designed to assist Level-3 (or higher) users who want to plan a horizontal well path in which the well starts our vertically and then gradually bends to travel midway between the top and bottom of a pay-zone. For input, all of these programs need the XYZ coordinates for the initial point (e.g. well collar), the XY coordinates for the final point (e.g. TD), the radius of curvature for bending the hole, and depth increment to be used when performing the path computations. The pay-zone is defined by two existing grid models, typically the top and bottom of a stratigraphic unit generated by the Stratigraphy / Model program.
(234) The new XYZ Points program computes the well path and list the drilled depths, xyz coordinates, azimuth (bearing), inclination (dip), true depth, payzone thickness, and kickoff depth for the points along the proposed well. The spacing between these points is defined by the "Depth Increments".
(235) The new Downhole Survey program performs the same computations as the XYZ Points program and creates a downhole survey table that can be copied into the Orientation table for a borehole within the Borehole Manager.
Once the downhole survey data has been copied into the Orientation table, a well with additional information may be added as shown within the following examples:
(236) The new Plot 2-D Well Path program performs the same computations as the XYZ Points program and plots a simple cross-section parallel to the well bearing. The red line shows the well axis while the yellow region depicts the pay-zone thickness.
(237) The new Plot 3-D Well Path program performs the same computations as the XYZ Points program and plots a 3-D borehole diagram in which the computational increments are shown as sheres, the top of the pay-zone relative to the increments are shown as inverted cones, the base of the pay-zone are shown as cones and the axis is shown as a tube.
Borehole starts out vertically.
There are no null nodes within the grids along the course of the borehole.
True depth within the XYZ report is relative to the initial point – not the ground surface.
A video that demonstrates these new capabilities can be viewed at: http://youtu.be/gLRuNCKhkUc
(233) New Feature (09/05/13/MIW): A new command titled "GRID_15_TO_16" has been added to the RCL language for converting RockWorks15 grids to RockWorks16 grids. Here's an example of it's usage:
DEFINE: GRID_CONVERT GRID_INPUT a-horizon.grd
DEFINE: GRID_CONVERT GRID_OUTPUT aaaa_test.rwgrd
(232) New Feature (09/05/13/MIW): A new command titled "SOLID_15_TO_16" has been added to the RCL language for converting RockWorks15 solids to RockWorks16 solids. Here's an example of it's usage:
DEFINE: SOLID_CONVERT SOLID_INPUT benzene01.mod
DEFINE: SOLID_CONVERT SOLID_OUTPUT aaaa.rwmod
(231) Bug Fix (09/05/13/MIW): The Raster Clipping coordinates within RockPlot2D are no longer listed in the wrong position.
(230) Bug Fix (09/05/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D progam no longer generates "Invalid Raster Format" errors when saving files generated by earlier version of RockWorks16.
(229) Bug Fix (09/04/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D program now uses the proper vertices when resizing rectangles.
(228) Bug Fix (08/29/13/JCJ): Striplogs | 2D | Section: Logs are now plotted relative to the settings within the individual tables (e.g. "Measured from Elevation" versus "Measured from Collar Elevation").
(227) Cosmetic (08/29/13/JCJ): The error message generated when RockWorks does not find the Symbol file has been expanded.
(226) Improvement (08/29/13/JCJ): If the PLSS data files have not been downloaded yet and the user tries to convert all the boreholes to or from PLSS data, there is only one warning to download the files instead of a warning for each borehole.
(225) Improvement (08/29/13/JCJ): The Range and Township fields behave better with their directional drop-downs.
(224) Cosmetic (08/29/13/JCJ): Tweaked the Utilities DBF, Shape, and ADO import dialogs so help-hint does not cause the dialog to move behind the Main Form.
(223) Improvement (08/29/13/JCJ): Optimized out some database calls in the Striplogs / 3D / Multiple logs with Linear Stratigraphic Correlations.
(222) Improvement (08/29/13/JCJ):The Borehole Manager File / Transfer / Locations / Utilities program can now be used with an empty database.
(221) Bug Fix (08/29/13/MIW): The Palette option for a new color table was duplicating colors and not showing the full color range selected by the user.
(220) Improvement (08/29/13/MIW): Editing the Layer Names in ReportWorks saves the changes with either an Enter key or when the focus is removed from the tree item.
(219) Bug Fix (08/29/13/MIW): The text alignment option in ReportWorks Text Blocks was not being honored.
(218) Improvement (08/29/13/MIW): In RockPlot2D you can now enter the Layer Name edit mode by double clicking on a layer.
(217) Bug Fix (08/28/13/MIW): The Krajewskigram now runs without Access Violation errors.
(216) Bug Fix (08/28/13/MIW): The Picture Show export to GIF now loads correctly in the default browser.
(215) New Feature (08/28/13/JPR): A new option titled "Opacity" has been added to the Bitmap options within the 2D StripLog design menu.
The new Opacity setting can be very useful when you want to see what's plotted below the striplogs on sections that include background information (e.g. linearly-correlated stratigraphy). A setting of zero corresponds to an invisible bitmap whereas 100% means that the image will be completely opaque. In the following examples, the Transparent Color was set to lime green (note: any lime-green pixels within these images will be rendered as fully transparent).
(214) New Feature (08/28/13/JPR): A new option titled "Transparent Color" has been added to the Bitmap options within the 2D StripLog design menu.
The new Transparent Color setting can be very useful even if the Opacity (see item #211 above) is set to 100% (no transparency) when plotting logs in which the bitmap image has a designated transparent color. The example below shows a cross-section in which some of the bitmaps have a transparency "attribute" and some don't. Notice how the logs in the upper section apparently are using white as the transparent background color. This setting is determined by the software that was used to create the bitmap. In order to make the bitmap opaque, the new Transparent Color can be set to any color that is not displayed within the image. In the spirit of greenscreen video, we have set this to lime green within the lower section thereby rendering white to be opaque. Notice the difference between the white-background logs indicated by the red arrows.
(213) Cosmetic (08/28/13/JPR): The "Fill in Missing Stratigraphy" program has been moved the Borehole Manager / Stratigraphy menu into the Borehole Manager / StripLogs menu in order to be more consistent with Level-3 licensing. The program itself is now available to Level-3 licensees.
(212) New Feature (08/27/13/MIW): The variogram-based gridding now includes an option to "Pre-Grid Points for Variogram'. This option produces much better better variograms when dealing with small data sets.
(211) Improvement (08/27/13/MIW): Adding a new stratigraphic unit to the Stratigraphy Picker now updates the datasheet.
(208-210) Bug Fixes (08/27/13/JPR): The following bugs within the Borehole Manager / Datasheet / Export / Text-File program have been fixed;
208: The "Include Titles" option now works correctly.
209: The designated delimiter now works correctly.
210: The first row is no longer omitted if the "Include Titles" option is de-activated.
(204-207) Improvement (08/24/13/JPR): Unicode (non-English) font support has been added to the following programs;
204: Utilities / Map / Barchart Map
205: Utilities / Map / Piechart Map
206: Utilities / Map / Spider Map
207: Utilities / Map / Starburst Map
(203) Bug Fix (08/23/13/MIW): Classification contours now work correctly within profiles.
(202) New Feature (08/23/13/JPR): A new option titled "Include Keywords" has been added to the Lithology options within the 3D log-plotting configuration menu.
This new capability provides a means to plot just the descriptions (see below).
(201) Improvement (08/23/13/MIW): Output filtering and default extensions have been added to the Utilities / Solid / Polygon -> Model dialog.
(200) Cosmetic (08/23/13/MIW): The Stratigraphy Rules section has been removed from the Borehole Manager / Map / Borehole Locations menu.
(199) New Feature (08/23/13/MIW): Date filtering options have been added to the Borehole Manager / Stratigraphy / Structural Elevations / 2-Dimensional menu for use in conjunction with labeling the boreholes with time-based data.
(198) New Feature (08/23/13/MIW): Date filtering options have been added to the Borehole Manager / Stratigraphy / Stratigraphic Thicknesses / 2-Dimensional (Isopach) menu for use in conjunction with labeling the boreholes with time-based data.
(197) Bug Fix (08/23/13/MIW): The Show RCL command for 2D and 3D Color Options now returns the correct menu tems when Only Active Items has been selected.
(196) Bug Fix (08/23/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / Scan Boreholes utility no longer computes the incorrect number of nodes if the "Adjust Dimensions to Tidy Increments" option has been enabled.
(195) Improvement (08/22/13/MIW): The range table for 3D Point Maps is no longer limited to 25 levels.
(194) New Feature (08/22/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D Color Legend properties dialog now has an option to specify if the legend will be displayed in ascending or descending order.
Note: This option only applies to Min/Max and Min/Mid/Max color schemes.
(193) New Feature (08/22/13/MIW): The Palette option that is used for creating a custom color fill tables now has options for sorting the table in ascending or descending order.
(192) Bug Fix (08/22/13/MIW): Un-selecting the New Window option when importing a raster image into RockPlot now adds the image to the current window.
(191) Bug Fix (08/22/13/MIW): The Northing coordinates that are displayed within the RockPlot2D Raster Properties dialog are no longer reversed.
(188-190) Improvements (08/21/13/MIW): When editing values within the Grid and Solid Editors using the polygon editor;
188: Values are only changed when the polygon is finished (closed).
189: The first point is drawn with a small "X".
190: The caption for the Finish Polygon button is restored on subsequent attempts to use the polygon table.
(187) Bug Fix (08/21/13/MIW): The current drawing layer in RockPlot2D is correctly updated when adding polygons using the Stratigraphy, Lithology and Aquifer button in the Polygon Properties dialog.
(186) Bug Fix (08/21/13/JCJ): Boolean fields are now used correctly when filtering boreholes within an SQL server database.
(185) Cosmetic (08/20/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D Raster Exports dialog dimensions have been adjusted to eliminate large blank spaces.
(184) Improvement (08/20/13/MIW): Text-Fill Intervals within 2D strip logs are no longer assigned to the default layer.
(183) Bug Fix (08/20/13/MIW): Ending the caption edit mode within RockPlot3D / View no longer causes an Access Violation error.
(182) Bug Fix (08/20/13/MIW): The total of all totals (that sounds ominous) within the Lithology Volumetrics report is now displayed within the proper column.
(181) Bug Fix (08/20/13/MIW): The Total Undefined computation is now displayed within the Lithology Volumetrics report.
(180) Bug Fix (08/20/13/MIW): In the 3D Surface options, the Fault options for the Polyline or Panel radio buttons weren't being disabled if No Faults were selected.
(179) Bug Fix (08/20/13/MIW): The Polyline and Panel options are no longer hidden when No Faults is selected within the 3D Surface options menu.
(178) Bug Fix (08/20/13/MIW): Zero values are now displayed correctly within the 2D StripLog I-Data column.
(177) Bug Fix (08/20/13/MIW): Scientific notation vlues are now displayed correctly within RockPlot3D Color Legends if the values are greater than 999.
(176) Bug Fix (08/20/13/JPR): Horizontal reference lines within log sections that are "hung" on a selected stratigraphic horizontal are now plotted correctly.
Note: If a borehole within the section does not include the stratigraphic unit that is being used as the reference datum, it's will be plotted at it's original structural position resulting in a goofy-looking section (as shown below). If this occurs, the offending borehole must be identified and disabled (unchecked) within the Borehole Manager.
(175) Bug Fix (08/20/13/JPR): The program now properly adjusts the extents of horizontal reference lines (activated via the Perimeter Annotation / Horizontal Reference Lines option) if the Borehole Spacing within a hole-to-hole section is set to be Uniform.
(174) Bug Fix (08/20/13/JPR): If the dimensions of an I-Data, T-Data, P-Data, etc. model is a subset of the project dimensions, and an attempt is made to plot a section that extends beyond the model dimensions, the program will no longer extrapolate beyond the model dimensions.
(173) New Feature (08/20/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / Lithology / Subface program now allows the user to create a lithology model in addition to using an existing model.
(172) New Feature (08/20/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / Lithology / Superface program now allows the user to create a lithology model in addition to using an existing model.
(171) Improvement (08/19/13/MIW): The option to embed the texture files has been removed from the RockPlot3D / Google Earth export menu now that there's a new, fixed version of Google Earth (184.108.40.2068). Instead, a warning is issued if Google Earth cannot be found or if the user is running the version of Google Earth (220.127.116.110) that doesn't properly use texture files.
(171) Improvement (08/19/13/MIW): The option to embed the texture files has been removed from the RockPlot3D / Google Earth export menu now that there's a new, fixed version of Google Earth. Instead, a warning is issued if Google Earth cannot be found or if the user is running the version of Google Earth (18.104.22.1680) that doesn't properly use texture files.
(170) Improvement (08/19/13/MIW): The end-point label size for cross section maps is now scaled in proportion to the size of the project.
(169) Improvement (08/19/13/MIW): The following operations are now available to Level-3 licensees;
Display LAS files in Project Manager
Display Swath options in the Profile Selection dialog.
Select pattern fills based on Lithology and Stratigraphy in RockPlot2D polygons.
Use automatic surface filter generation in the Solid Modeling Algorithm dialog.
(168) Improvement (08/19/13/MIW): The Section Map End Point Label Offsets are now expressed as a percentage of the project dimensions.
(167) Improvement (08/19/13/MIW): The Windows error message that sometimes appears when removable media (e.g. CDs, USB memory sticks, smartphones, etc.) have been removed has been circumnavigated by disabling the Windows error messaging. This addresses a bug in Windows 7.
(163-166) Cosmetic (08/19/13/JPR): Four of the programs within the Lithology and Stratigraphy sub-menus have been renamed and relocated into the StripLogs sub-menu in order to be more consistent with the Level-3 licensing and the new "Visible Features" capability (see revision #162 - below). Specifically;
163: The Lithology / Consolidate program has renamed to "Consolidate Lithology" and moved from the Lithology sub-menu into the StripLogs sub-menu. A new icon has also been created for this option to distinguish it from the stratigraphic consolidation program.
164: The Lithology / Pick Intervals program has been renamed to "Pick Lithologic Intervals" and moved from the Lithology sub-menu into the StripLogs sub-menu. A new icon has also been created for this option to distinguish it from the stratigraphic contact picking program.
165: The Stratigraphy / Consolidate program has renamed to "Consolidate Stratigraphy" and moved from the Stratigraphy sub-menu into the StripLogs sub-menu.
166: The Stratigraphy / Pick Contacts program has been renamed to "Pick Stratigraphic Contacts" and moved from the Stratigraphy sub-menu into the StripLogs sub-menu.
(162) New Feature (08/18/13/JPR): A new group of options titled "Visible Features" has been added to the recently-redesigned Preferences menu.
The options within this menu allow you to control which menu groups will be visible when the program is re-started. The "Filter" operations will automatically enable/disable features. Additional "fine-tuning" may be accomplished by checking/unchecking individual options.
(161) Bug Fix (08/16/13/MIW): RockPlot2D contour lines are no longer incorrectly closed when the border of a grid has null values.
(160) Bug Fix (08/16/13/MIW): RockPlot2D contour lines are now drawn correctly even when they have very small tight loops.
(159) Bug Fix (08/16/13/MIW): The Time Data Histogram program no longer generates an Access Violation error.
(158) Improvement (08/15/13/JPR): The General Preferences menu has been completely rewritten/redesigned for much greater clarity.
(157) Bug Fix (08/16/13/JPR): The Utilities / Solid / Model program now works correctly when an ASCII file is used as the data source.
(156) Improvement (08/15/13/MIW): The Profile "swath" is now turned on by default.
(155) Improvement (08/15/13/MIW): The Profile Strip Map is no longer clipped.
(154) Improvement (08/15/13/MIW): Appending two or more Rw3D files no longer adds additional perimeter cages.
(153) Bug Fix (08/13/13/JCJ): Network system administrators who are configuring a single machine for multiple users can now set up overrides to find the network license server.
(152) Bug Fix (08/13/13/JCJ): Users who are sharing a network license will no longer experience an "Already Connected" error while performing long processes.
(151) Bug Fix (08/13/13/JCJ): Upon startup the program now copies any missing files into the sample/tutorial folders when those folders are on a network server .
(150) Bug Fix (08/13/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D program now correctly computes the size of the "bounding box" dimensions for text labels.
(149) Bug Fix (08/12/13/MIW): RockPlot2D files with embedded reaster images are now correctly saved.
(148) Improvement (08/12/13/JPR): All of the menu settings are now stored whenever the "Process" button is selected within a menu. The previous version would only save the menu settings to disk when the program was properly closed (as opposed to crashing).
(147) Improvement (08/12/13/JCJ): If the user specifies a PLSS (Public Land Survey System) meridian outside of the allowable range (1 to 93) the user will now be notified accordingly.
(146) Bug Fix (08/09/13/MIW): The cutouts within IsoSurfaces now "honor" the radio-button settings within the RockPlot3D program.
(145) Improvement (08/08/13/JPR): A new file titled "Coal_01.rcl" has been added to the Samples folder. This is a RockWare Command Language (RCL) script that is used to process the Coal_01.RwDat file - a multiseam coal dataset.
(144) Bug Fix (08/08/13/JPR): The I-Data resampling based on Weighted Average now adds "bogus" points (assuming that the user has activated the "Add Dummy Values" option) for intervals that reside beyond the specified distance filter cutoff. The previous version would not add the bogus points if the distance-filtering was activated.
(143) Bug Fix (08/07/13/JPR): When converting coordinates to Degrees/Decimal-Minutes format, the program now adds the correct hemisphere label to points within the northern hemisphere. The previous version would always add a "S" suffix regardless of the hemisphere.
(142) Bug Fix (08/07/13/JPR): The I-Data resampling based on enclosing intervals now properly adds bogus points only within the specified cutoff distance. The previous version added bogus points regardless of the cutoff distance.
(141) Bug Fix (08/06/13/JPR): If the "Activated menu items" option is selected from the Menu / Show RCL dialog, the program will now show just the activated options. The previous version was performing the opposite operation.
(140) Bug Fix (08/05/13/MIW): Contours lines within grids that have been clipped to a polygon no longer cross-each other.
(139) New Feature (08/05/13/JPR): A new option titled "Create File List" has been added to the DataSheet / File / Import menu.
This program will build a list of files based on the user-selected criteria within the Create File List menu.
This program is a useful tool when creating lists of files for the following programs;
EarthApps / Lines / Polylines / Multiple
EarthApps / Lines / Pipelines / Multiple
EarthApps / Polygons / Polygons / Multiple
EarthApps / Images / All Drape, Float, and Vertical programs.
Utilities / Map / Polyline Maps / Multiple Polylines (Simple)
Utilities / Map / Polyline Maps / Multiple Polylines (Advanced)
Utilities / Map / Polyline Maps / Shotpoints
Utilities / Map / Polygon Maps / Multiple Polygons (Simple)
Utilities / Map / Polygon Maps / Multiple Polygons (Advanced)
Utilities / Map / SpherePlot / All programs that use polylines.
Utilities / Grid / Grids -> Stratigraphic Fence
Utilities / Grid / Grids -> Stratigraphic Model
Utilities / Grid / Grids -> 3D Stack
Utilities / Grid / Grids -> Stratigraphic Logs
Utilities / Grid / Grids -> Solid Model
Utilities / Solid / Morph
Utilities / Imagery / Convert / Multiple
Utilities / Imagery / Horizontal / Multiple
Utilities / Imagery / Vertical
Utilities / Imagery / Vertical Images -> Color Model
Utilities / Imagery / Vertical Images -> X/Y/Z/Color
Utilities / Imagery / PicShow
Utilities / Grafix / 2D Utilities / Montage
Utilities / Grafix / 3D Utilities / Combine 2+ RockPlot3D Diagrams
(138) Improvement (07/31/13/JCJ): When changing to a new folder, if there is no System folder and no MDB with the same name as the project folder, the user will now be presented with the new Project Wizard. Prior to this improvement, if there was anything in the folder, but no System folder, the program would just rebuild an mdb.
(137) Bug Fix (07/31/13/MIW): The Profile Selection sub-menu no longer displays a blank map until it has been resized.
(136) Bug Fix (07/31/13/MIW): RCL scripts in which the 2D and 3D diagram display has been disabled now save the graphic output files.
(135) Bug Fix (07/31/13/MIW): The coordinates within 3D Floating Images, Vertical Panels and Cubes are now correctly converted to the designated output coordinates and units.
(134) Improvement (07/30/13/JCJ): The Other Coordinates convertor within Borehole Manager's Location table will now leave the record in Insert/Edit for the user to post when they are ready. This eliminates the "Borehole Name must have a value" warning.
(133) Bug Fix (07/30/13/JCJ): The Edit as DataSheet option within the Borehole Manager table editors (for I-Data, P-Data, T-Data, etc.) now writes the data back if the units are specified (e.g. ohmM) for I/P/T data and if there is space in the name (e.g. Benzene Soil).
(132) Bug Fix (07/30/13/MIW): The Multiple Points Coordinate Converter now sets the correct UTM Output zone.
(131) Improvement (07/30/13/MIW): The Multiple Points Coordinate Converter now resets the column selections for each session.
(130) Improvement (07/29/13/JCJ): The RCL and INI files will now accept dates as a real numbers and as a formatted dates (US format MM/DD/YY).
(129) New Feature (07/27/13/JPR): A new web page titled "RockWare Video Directory" (reduced snapshot shown below) provides a more organized approach to finding and launching instructional videos compared to the YouTube "playlists". This directory may now be accessed by clicking on any of the following new buttons;
Help / Online Information / RockWare Video Directory
Welcome / Intro / RockWare Video Directory
EarthApps / Intro / RockWare Video Directory
Utilities / Intro / RockWare Video Directory
Borehole Manager / Intro / RockWare Video Directory
To view/use this new listing, click here.
Special thanks to Katie Rader.
(128) New Feature (07/27/13/JPR): A new web page titled "RockWare Video Directory" (reduced snapshot shown below) provides a more organized approach to finding and launching instructional videos compared to the YouTube "playlists". This directory may now be accessed by clicking on any of the following new buttons;
(127) Bug Fix (07/26/13/MIW): The Layer "Send to Back" and "Bring to Front" options within RockPlot2D now maintain the original order of the items within the selected layer when performing the selected operation.
(126) Bug Fix (07/26/13/MIW): It is no longer possible to select non-visible items within RockPlot2D.
(125) Bug Fix (07/26/13/MIW): The Morph Model option within RockPlot3D now returns to the proper frame when the Rewind option is selected.
(124) Bug Fix (07/26/13/MIW): The RockPlot3D Morph Model program no longer generates an Access Violation error when the Previous option is selected.
(123) Cosmetic (07/24/13/JPR): The Samples borehole database has been modified as follows;
The Sand and Gravel I-data values now add up to 100% for all boreholes.
The lithologies for all holes have been extended to the total depths defined within their location fields (see diagram below).
Several instances of duplicate/overlapping lithologies have been cleaned up.
Special thanks to Salvatore Caronna.
(122) New Feature (07/24/13/JPR): The Utilities / Solid / Math / Model & Constant program now includes options for subtracting the input model from the constant and dividing the constant by the input grid.
(121) New Feature (07/24/13/JPR): The Utilities / Grid / Math / Grid & Constant program now includes options for subtracting the input grid from the constant and dividing the constant by the input grid.
(120) New Feature (07/24/13/JPR): The Datasheet / Columns / Column Math / Column & Constant program that is used by EarthApps, Utilities, and Borehole Manager I-Data and P-Data editors now includes options for subtracting the input column from the constant and dividing the constant by the input column.
(119) Improvement (07/24/13/JCJ): Text exports now omit thousand separators. This makes life better when exporting into a CSV (comma-separated) format.
(118) Bug Fix (07/24/13/JPR): Programs that prompt the user for data columns within datasheets now correctly "remember" the column number when the designated column is the rightmost column within the datasheet.
(117) Cosmetic (07/23/13/JPR): The grid and solid model statistical summaries now only show the pertinent coordinate projection parameters. The previous version included other system-level defaults in addition to one used for the modeling.
(116) Bug Fix (07/23/13/JPR): The Histogram / Confirm Range option will no longer generate a warning stating that "the range of values is smaller than the dataset" when you accept the range suggested by the program.
(115) Bug Fix (07/23/13/JPR): If you select a larger range than the actual data within the Histogram / Confirm Range option, the program no longer shows the min/max of the histogram range rather than the actual data within the statistical summary. This makes the program much more useful for comparing different datasets based on identical horizontal scaling.
(114) New Feature (07/23/13/JCJ): The Recent Projects dialog now includes a "Browse" button to load a project that isn't shown within the list.
(113) Cosmetic (07/23/13/JPR): The default angle for cell labels has been changed from zero to 90.
(112) New Features (07/22/13/JPR): The Utilities / Solid / Math / Model & Model program now includes a suite of new operations including;
Averaging: Example: Averaging hydrothermal temperatures between two different dates.
Differencing: Example: Isolating areas where uranium concentrations have changed between two different dates.
Highest-Value: Example: Finding multi-variate anomalies based on downhole geochemistry (assuming that the models have been standardized).
Lowest-Value: Example: Isolating optimal water well sites based on groundwater contamination models (assuming that the models have been normalized).
AND Logic: Example: Isolating coal seams where both the BTU and sulfur levels are acceptable (assuming that the input models represent boolean models).
OR Logic: Example: Identifying areas within a contaminated groundwater in which either Contaminant "A" or Contaminant "B" exceed acceptable levels (assuming that the input models represent boolean models).
XOR Logic: Example: Isolating areas where electromagnetics differ from magnetics (assuming that the input models have been normalized).
(111) Bug Fix (07/22/13/MIW): RockPlot2D files generated by RockWorks15 that contain color contours based on a custom color table are now imported correctly.
(110) Bug Fix (07/22/13/MIW): Plotting a 3D Cage with the default Automatic setting could cause an infinite loop within the previous version. The program now defaults to Project Dimensions if the Rw3D file is empty.
(109) Cosmetic (07/22/13/JCJ): When importing I-Text or P-Text columns into the Borehole Manager, they are now initially sized at 160 pixels instead of the maximum allowed size of the field.
(108) Bug Fix (07/22/13/JCJ): The Borehole Manager / View / Select Boreholes program now excludes boreholes outside the specified polygon.
(107) Cosmetic (07/22/13/JCJ): The aspect ration of the Borehole Manager / View / Select Boreholes diagram now displays circles correctly (rather than as ellipses).
(106) Bug Fix (07/22/13/JCJ): The View / Filter Boreholes now correctly filters data when the value is between -0.9999 and -0.0001. In the previous version, the values were being converted to positive numbers.
(105) Improvement (07/22/13/JCJ): The Borehole Manager tool bar now "remembers" if it was open between sessions
(104) Cosmetic (07/22/13/JCJ): The progress bar is now updated while copying the Tutorial files.
(103) New Feature (07/22/13/JCJ): The Excel Export for multiple tables from the Borehole Manager now allows the user to specify the file name and choose whether to show Excel at the end of the export.
(102) Improvement (07/22/13/MIW): Changed the title of a Color Fence in a RockPlot3D scene from the file and file path to just the file name with no extension and the text "- Color Fence".
(101) New Feature (07/22/13/MIW): The DXF Import in RockPlot2D now allows users to specify a default color.
(100) New Feature (07/22/13/MIW): The DXF Import in RockPlot2D now allows users to override the originals colors to a user selected color.
(099) Improvement (07/22/13/MIW): The Solid Distance Filter no longer attempts to process the model if the XYZ column parameters are not correctly specified.
(098) Bug Fix (07/22/13/MIW): The Legend for Generic Solid models now correctly uses the specified 3D font settings.
(097) Bug Fix (07/22/13/MIW): The Rw3D selection dialog now correctly filters for files with the Rw3D extension instead of Rw2D.
(096) New Features (07/22/13/JPR): The Utilities / Grid / Math / Grid & Grid program now includes a suite of new operations including;
Averaging: Example: Averaging hydrothermal temperatures between two different dates.
Differencing: Example: Isolating areas where water levels have changed between two different dates.
Highest-Value: Example: Finding multi-variate anomalies based on surface geochemistry (assuming that the models have been standardized).
Lowest-Value: Example: Isolating optimal water well sites based on groundwater contamination models (assuming that the models have been normalized).
AND Logic: Example: Isolating coal seams where both the BTU and sulfur levels are acceptable (assuming that the input grids represent boolean models).
OR Logic: Example: Identifying areas within a contaminated groundwater in which either Contaminant "A" or Contaminant "B" exceed acceptable levels (assuming that the input grids represent boolean models).
XOR Logic: Example: Isolating areas where electromagnetics differ from magnetics (assuming that the input grids have been normalized).
(095) New Feature (07/19/13/MIW): Raster Exports from RockPlot 2D and 3D now offer an option to display the output file within the default viewer.
(094) Bug Fix (07/19/13/MIW): Negative numbers may now be used to enter the legend offset within RockPlot3D.
(093) Bug Fix (07/19/13/MIW): - Exporting a solid fill contour map from RockPlot2D to Google Earth no longer causes Out of Memory errors.
(092) Improvement (07/19/13/MIW): Layers within RockPlot2D are no longer duplicated when saved after graphic objects are inserted using the Paste operation.
(091) Improvement (07/19/13/JCJ): The Single table text import now tests the file on opening it to determine what delimeter it is using.
(090) Bug Fix (07/19/13/JCJ): The Single table text import no longer trims off the leading TAB character on the units line in a TAB-delimited file.
(089) Cosmetic (07/19/13/JPR): The suggested contour interval for data with a 20,124 unit range has been changed from 2,000 to 1,000 resulting in better-looking contour maps.
(088) Improvement (07/18/13/MIW): The Borehole Manager / T-Data / Time-Graph and Time-Graph Map programs now allow user to now manually specify the number of decimal places in the Y Axis labels. Trailing 0's will still be removed.
(087) Bug Fix (07/18/13/MIW): The Borehole Manager / T-Data / Time-Graph and Time-Graph Map programs no longer generate "file-not-found" errors.
(086) Bug Fix (07/18/13/JPR): The File / New / Blank option within the DataSheet now behaves properly when repeatedly executed. The previous version would go haywire after several iterations.
(085) Bug Fix (07/18/13/JPR): The Solid Modeling no longer generates a "grid model and solid model must have the same XY dimensions" error if the model dimensions have been set to "Variable" and the upper or lower surface filets have been set to "Automatic".
(084) Bug Fix (07/18/13/JCJ): The Borehole manager tab sheet 's Edit as a Datasheet program nowcorrectly writes the data back if the units are specified (e.g. ohmM) for I/P/T data.
(083) New Feature (07/17/13/JPR): A new set of options have been added to the 2D Striplog Designer menu for plotting P-data as symbols with optional connector lines.
Special thanks to Louis Bernier.
(082) Bug Fix (07/17/13/JCJ): The Borehole manager tab sheet 's Edit as a Datasheet program now "remembers" what borehole and data tab sheet it was on.
(081) Bug Fix (07/17/13/JCJ): The Borehole Manager Statistics Reports no longer generate "Invalid pointer" errors if executed twice.
(080) Improvement (07/17/13/JPR): Text within well construction diagrams is now be automatically vertically offset to prevent overplotting of labels at the same depth.
(079) Bug Fix (07/16/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / P-Data / Analyze / P-Data -> Lithology / Create Predictive Model program no longer fails to produce a model.
(078) Improvement (07/16/13/JCJ): Editing tables on a column-by-column basis is a bit more forgiving than editing them on a row-by-row basis.
(077) New Feature (07/16/13/JPR): A new set of options have been added to the 2D Striplog Designer menu for embellishing curves with symbols.
(076) Cosmetic (07/15/13/JCJ): Transfers from the Borehole Manager to the Supergrid (and Edit as a Data Sheet) now places the cursor in the first column after the checkboxes.
(075) Bug Fix (07/15/13/JCJ):The Overwrite options: Create New, Replace or Skip are now honored for the import of tables in addition to the Location table. ADO and AGS imports.
(074) Improvement (07/15/13/JCJ): The import of P-Text and I-text no longer limits the selection of fields to numeric fields in the AGS import.
(073) Bug Fix (07/15/13/MIW): RockPlot2D Polylines weren't always drawing the last line segment.
(072) Bug Fix (07/15/13/MIW): The first object drawn into an empty RockPlot2D window didn't always plot in the correct place.
(071) Improvement (07/15/13/JCJ): The minimum side within the Pattern-Selection dialog has been set to 0.0 thereby allowing for much small pattern dimensions.
(070) Cosmetic (07/15/13/JCJ): The Modpath Import menu now closes after the file has been imported.
(069) Improvement (07/15/13/JCJ): It is no longer possible to access the Import table pages within in the ADO Import without first setting the project units.
(068) Cosmetic (07/15/13/JPR): Many of the Borehole Manager export menus have been re-titled to reflect some changes in how they operate. (1) References to ASCII have been changed to "Text" since the program now supports Unicode. (2) The multi-track exports now default to TXT extensions rather than CSV given that the user can change the column delimiters.
(067) New Feature (07/13/13/JPR): A new option titled "Horizontal Reference Lines" has been added to the Perimeter Annotation Options sub-menu that is used when creating profiles and sections.
This new feature is used to plot horizontal elevation reference lines (item #1 below) either in the background (item #2) or the foreground (item #3) of profiles and sections. Reference lines in the background don't obscure the content of the other features such as borehole striplogs. Conversely, you may wish to plot these lines on the foreground of items such as stratigrahic profiles.
Special thanks to Peter Carey.
(065) Improvement (07/12/13/JCJ):Optional fields within the Borehole Manager / Location table are now available for Level 3 users.
(064) Bug Fix (07/12/13/MIW): RockPlot2D printing now honors the current zoom percentage.
(063) Improvement (07/10/13/JCJ):Excel/ASCII imports that include orientation (downhole survey data) now update the XYZ values for updated boreholes.
(062) Cosmetic (07/10/13/JCJ): The "active" borehole log within the Borehole Manager database is now highlighted using the default Windows "menu selection" color. A dotted black rectangle is also drawn around the cell.
(061) Bug Fix (07/11/13/JCJ): The Clear Project Tables button in the Excel Import for Multiple tables was referencing a different array than the one that built the list. It now works correctly.
(060) Improvement (07/11/13/JCJ): Pressing the <Enter> key after entering an unlocking code no longer is interpreted as a "Cancel" operation but rather as an "Change" operation. A confirmation message have also been added to the unlocking process.
- Special thanks to Larry Roovaart.
(059) Improvement (07/11/13/MIW): The resolution of printed or exported text from RockPlot3D has been increased.
(058) New Feature (07/11/13/JPR): The Preferences / General Program Settings / On-Startup / Prompt For Project Folder option now has two sub-options;
The "Start in Root Folder" option will display a full tree along the left side showing everything that your computer has access to. The display on the right side will display the contents of the "root" folder - the "RockWorks16 Data" folder within the folder that Microsoft recommends for storing local files (e.g. "My Documents" in Windows 8).
The "Display List of Recent Projects" option will display a list of recently accessed projects.
- Thanks again to Julia Diessl.
(057) Bug Fix (07/11/13/JPR): The report generated by the Borehole Manager / P-Data / Analyze / P-Data Histograms by Lithology program now lists the outlier depths and g-values.
(056) Improvement (07/11/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D program now eliminates duplicate local point coordinates thereby reducing memory usage and improving the plotting speed.
(055) Bug Fix (07/11/13/MIW): Polyline embellishments (e.g. polyline with symbols at specified intervals) now plot correctly.
(054) Bug Fix (07/11/13/JCJ): The program now correctly imports the g-values from type tables (e.g. lithotypes) from RockWorks15 databases. The previous version was looking for a field named "GValue' rather than "G-Value'.
(053) Bug Fix (07/10/13/JPR): Pasting a block of rows and columns into the DataSheet used by the EarthApps and Utilities no longer set the table length to the base of the pasted block. This same bug fix applies to the datasheet that is used when editing borehole tables as spreadsheets.
(052) Bug Fix (07/10/13/JPR): Selecting a solid model from the Project Manager always plots a diagram. The previous version would not plot a diagram if the diagram plotting option was disabled within an application menu.
(051) New Feature (07/10/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D progam now clips exported raster images based on the current zoom window.
(050) New Feature (07/10/13/MIW): The RockPlot2D progam now adds a small margin around the diagram perimeter.
(049) Bug Fix (07/10/13/JPR): Selecting a grid model for "warping" a solid model no longer points to a RockWorks15 grid. -
- Special thanks to Ckaydua Gruber.
(048) Improvement (07/10/13/JCJ): The "active" cell within all RockWorks database tables is now highlighted using the default Windows "menu selection" color. A dotted black rectangle is also drawn around the cell.
(047) Bug Fix (07/10/13/JPR): The Utilities / Solid / Fracture Discs -> Solid program now saves the fracture model. The previous version would plot the diagram but not save the model..
(046) New Feature (07/10/13/JPR): The Utilities / Solid / Statistics / Report program output now includes the mean for all non-zero values.
(045) Bug Fix (07/09/13/JPR): The Spatial Filter / Polygon Filter now works correctly the first time it is used. The previous version would only work properly if the the polygon was plotted within the polygon table editor.
(044) Bug Fix (07/09/13/JCJ): If an RCL script refers to a table that does not exist, the program will no longer create a blank table with that name.
(043) Bug Fix (07/09/13/JPR): Borehole symbols and log traces are now shown in the section selection map for Level-3 users.
(042) Cosmetic (07/09/13/JPR): The Project Manager is now shown by default.
(041) Improvement (07/09/13/JCJ): If you delete or fail to fill-out a required location field within the Borehole Manager and attempt to click/load another borehole, the program now displays a dialog that is more explanatory.
(040) New Feature (07/09/13/JPR): The report generated by the Borehole Manager / P-Data / Analyze / P-Data Histograms by Lithology program now includes extensive statistics for every lithology in addition to the "outliers".
(039) Bug Fix (07/09/13/JCJ): Importing a RockWorks15 database into RockWorks16 no longer resets the specified output units.
(038) Improvement (07/08/13/JPR):A variety of new embellishments have been added to the Utilities / Solid / Statistics / Report program.
(037) Bug Fix (07/08/13/JPR):Attempting to plot an isosurface of a block model in which all of the node values are identical will no longer cause an out-of-memory error.
(036) Improvement (07/08/13/JCJ):If the user tries to create a new project by importing the data from an existing project, and the existing project database file has a name that is different than the folder that contains it (normally taboo), the user will be notified that the program could not find a database file within the designated folder. At this stage, the user is presented with an option to browse for the desired database file for subsequent import.
(035) Bug Fix (07/08/13/MIW):The RockPlot3D program now plots the correct colors if the "Color Scheme" for 3D voxel models, iso-surfaces, or fences is set to "Direct".
(034) New Feature (07/08/13/JPR):The Utilities / Solid / Boolean Operations / Boolean Conversion program now allows the user to specify the values that will be used for "true" and "false" voxels. The previous version was hardwired to 1.0 for "true" values and 0.0 for "false" values.
(033) Bug Fix (07/08/13/JCJ):Moving the vertical scroll-bar within the borehole list now saves any changes that were made to the list (e.g. changing the borehole status, name, or adding a new borehole).
(032) Cosmetic (07/07/13/JPR):The following changes have been made to the grid statistics report;
Additional notation has been added to provide a warning about the meaning of various computation if the z-values for the grid do not represent linear units.
All bearings and inclinations are now designated as "degrees'.
(031) Bug Fix (07/05/13/JCJ):Added some additional error checking to the opening of the Symbols file. It also opens it with the Share setting now set to Share Deny None. This should eliminate errors whereby multiple users are attempting to access a shared Symbol file.
(030) Bug Fix (07/05/13/JPR):The Solid Modeling Options menu now refers to RwGrd files (versus Grd files) when selecting a Warping Filter grid.
(029) Bug Fix (07/05/13/JPR):The Date / Time Filtering options are now displayed within the Borehole Manager / Statistics Map / 2-Dimensional menu.
(028) New Feature (07/05/13/JPR):The web content that is automatically displayed whenever a RockWorks16 update is available has been changed from "current_revisions.htm" to "rw16_current_revisions.htm". This will hopefully minimize/eliminate some recent confusion between the RockWorks15 and RockWorks16 changes.
(027) New Feature (07/03/13/JPR): The Solid Modeling Options menu now includes an option for reading the clipping polygon definition from a rwDat file (the files used by the RockWorks datasheet) as opposed to a table that is stored within the project database (MDB) file. This new capability eliminates the need to import a polygon into the RockWorks database - an important feature when using the RCL (RockWorks Command Language) to run the program and it provides greater flexibility when the polygon coordinates are different from the project output coordinates.
(026) Improvement (07/03/13/MIW):The Maps / Section Map program now sizes Section and Township labels as a percentage of the section height rather than the project dimensions. This makes things better when creating a section map before defining the project dimensions.
(025) Bug Fix (07/03/13/MIW): Exporting a RW2D file to an EMF or WMF form the Utilities Grafix / Exports now works correctly.
(024) Bug Fix (07/03/13/MIW): Profiles that include the optional Strip Map no longer generate Access Violation errors.
(023) Bug Fix (07/03/13/MIW):The Stiff Diagrams secondary title color can now be selected.
(022) Bug Fix (07/03/13/MIW):- The RockPlot2D contouring no longer has gaps in closed contours within coarse grid models.
(021) Bug Fix (07/03/13/MIW):The Stratigraphy to Text Export menu was missing output options.
(020) Improvement (07/02/13/MIW):Selecting a range of cells in the DataGrid that includes the "Use" column no longer changes their status.
(019) Improvement (07/02/13/MIW):The keyboard space bar now toggles the "Use" status of all selected items in the DataGrid.
(018) Improvement (07/02/13/MIW):Clicking on the DataGrid "Use" column title now selects the entire column.
(017) Improvement (07/02/13/MIW): The DataGrid "Use" column now only requires one click to change the status.
(016) Improvement (07/02/13/MIW): The Grid Editor now always stays "on top" of the main window.
(015) Bug Fix (07/02/13/MIW): RockPlot3D Iso-Surfaces now correctly update their position when other items are appended and the extents change.
(014) New Features (07/02/13/JPR): The color-fill options for two-dimensional P-data curves has been significantly improved. Specifically;
The "Curve Filling Options" item has been converted to a checkbox labeled "Fill Region Within Curve". This gets rid of a step (expanding the suboptions) and shows if the filling is enabled.
The Cold->Hot option has been renamed to "Gradational" because the user can now define the low and high colors and the program will automatically blend accordingly.
A new item title "Color Gradient Direction" introduces a new option for grading the colors vertically (the previous version was limited to horizontal color changes.
Horizontal coloring is now gradational.
The color-filling now terminates at the cutoff level. The previous version would sometimes plot slivers of color below the cutoff level.
This new capability only applies to curves that are filled with either the Gradient or Table-Based colorization options. It does not apply to monochromatic curve filling.
(013) New Feature (07/01/13/JPR): The Utilities / Imagery / Vertical Images -> Color Model program now includes an option for including 3D striplogs within the output diagram.
(012) Bug Fix (07/01/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / Color / Model program now displays the title specified within the input menu.
(011) Improvement (07/01/13/JCJ): The buttons that are used to display the current 2D and 3D font descriptions within the "tree menus" now display a color name as opposed to a color number.
(010) Improvement (07/01/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / I-Data & T-Data Resampling menu (described in Item #002 below) no longer prevents the user from adding dummy points if the Enclosing-Interval resampling is used. Instead, dummy intervals may be added if they are not enclosed within an original interval. The Distance Filtering may be used to limit the addition of dummy intervals relative to the original intervals. The explanatory text along the right side of the menu has been changed accordingly.
(009) Bug Fix (07/01/13/JPR): The Polygon filter within the Spatial Filtering options now works correctly. The previous version failed to eliminate any points.
(008) New Features (07/01/13/JPR): The polygon plotting program (activated by selecting "Plot" button from within the Polygon Table Manager) now includes options for plotting borehole locations and perimeter annotation.
(007) Cosmetic (07/01/13/JCJ): The "hint boxes" that appear for partially obscured buttons are not properly updated.I
(006) New Feature (07/01/13/JPR): A new modeling method called "Distance-to-Closest-Intersection" has been added to the fracture modeling menu that is used by the following programs;
Utilities / Solid / Fracture Discs -> Solid
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Model
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Profile
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Section
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Profile
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Fence
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Plan
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Surface
This algorithm assigns block model node values that represent the distance to the closest fracture intersection. Due to the huge amount of possible "beta" intersections, this algorithm can be very slow. The resolution of the model also determines the "granularity" of the intersection computations.
By way of comparison, consider the fractures depicted within the diagram below. We start with some fractures (Item #1) and generate a distance-to-closest-fracture model (Item #2). These distance-to-closest-fracture models are already described at length within the help messages. The model depicted within item #3 represents a distance-to-closest-intersection model. The significance of this new type of model does not become immediately apparent until you experiment with the RockPlot3D filter tool to only show the voxels within a short distance from the fractures (item #4). Item #5, shows a filtered distance-to-closest--intersection model without the fractures. Obviously, these models can become very important when performing geotechnical analyses (tunneling, fluid flow, mineralization, etc.).
(005) New Features (07/01/13/JPR): The Utilities / Grid / Directional Analyses / Grid -> 3D Flow Diagram program now includes an option for adding a cage perimeter.
(004) New Features (07/01/13/JPR): The Utilities / Statistics / Point Distances program has been re-designed as follows;
Rows of data that are disabled (by unchecking the "Use" box in the first column are excluded from consideration.
The input data may be in mixed units (e.g. X and Y can be in UTM meters while the Z can been in feet). It will be automatically converted to the specified Project Output Units.
The output report now specifies the output units.
The data may be spatially filtered.
(003) Cosmetic (07/01/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / P-Data Resampling menu has been redesigned as follows;
The Add Dummy Values options is only enabled if the Distance Filter has been activated.
Units are listed (based on the project Output Units) for the Resampling / Depth Interval and the Distance Filter cutoff value.
A new "Explanation" box has been added that summarizes what will happen and how the program works. The text within this box will dynamically change as items are changed within the menu.
(002) Cosmetic (07/01/13/JPR): The Borehole Manager / I-Data & T-Data Resampling menu has been redesigned as follows;
The Distance Filter and Add Dummy Values options are disabled if the Method is set to Enclosing Interval.
Units are listed (based on the project Output Units) for the Resampling / Depth Interval and the Distance Filter cutoff value.
A new "Explanation" box has been added that summarizes what will happen and how the program works. The text within this box will dynamically change as items are changed within the menu.
(001) New Feature (07/01/13/JPR): A new option for plotting monochromatic (versus banded) color-coded petals within Rose Diagrams has been added to the following programs;
Utilities / Grid / Directional Analyses / Grid -> Rose Diagram
Utilities / Linears / Rose Diagram / From Bearings
Utilities / Linears / Rose Diagram / From Endpoints
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Rose Diagram
Borehole Manager / Fractures / Rose Map
Previous Quarter (Q2/13) - RockWorks15