Workshop date to be announced
Join RockWare in Golden for a one-day hands-on training workshop using the Surfer software. Whether you are a new or experienced user or somewhere in between, you will get useful tips and helpful workflow procedures for creating maps and analyzing your data.
For information about workshop dates or custom training in person or on the web, submit a request using the form on the right side of the screen.
Surfer Workshop Content
This short course focuses on the analysis and visualization of all kinds of XYZ data. Informative lectures alternate with hands-on exercises illustrating key concepts to provide you with valuable experience analyzing your data.
The following questions will be discussed:
- How do I use the new features in Surfer?
- How do I display the spatial distribution of my data?
- How do I choose the right gridding method?
- Should I use a variogram to analyze my data?
- How do I create and edit my contour maps?
- How do I add base maps to locate my points and cultural information?
- What do I do if my data are contained within an irregular boundary?
- How do I use grid math?
- How do I perform trend surface analysis and calculate residuals?
- What should I do when visualizing my data in three dimensions?
- How do I calculate volumes?
- What tips and tricks should I know?
- How do I avoid common pitfalls?
Instructor Tom Bresnahan brings over 20 years of Surfer technical support experience to the class. He has presented courses to a number of groups including petroleum companies, environmental companies, government agencies, regulatory agencies, and professional associations.
Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your Surfer skills!
Course Registration Information
A workshop fee of $499 includes all course materials and daily refreshments. You are welcome to bring your own laptop with your copy of Surfer to the workshop. In addition, RockWare can provide a computer for the course upon request.
The course is limited to 10 participants. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register using our online ordering system or contact Tom Bresnahan at TomB@rockware.com, or 303 278-3534 x119.
Workshop Location and Duration
The workshop will be held at the RockWare office in Golden Colorado (2221 East St, Golden CO 80401). The workshop begins at 8:30 am and continues until 5:00 pm, with a one-hour lunch break. Bagels and coffee are provided for breakfast. Participants are on their own for lunch. There are many restaurants within a short distance of the workshop location.
2221 East St, Golden CO Map
Historic Downtown Golden and the surrounding areas offer many options for dining and lodging.
Here is a list of nearby Golden, CO hotels:
- Dove Inn, 711 14th Street, 303-278-2209
- Golden Hotel, 800 11th St, 303-279-0100
- Table Mountain Inn, 1310 Washington Ave, 303-277-9898
- Courtyard by Marriott, 14700 W 6th Ave, 303-271-0776
- Hampton Inn, 17150 W Colfax Ave, 303-278-6600
- Marriott Denver West, 1717 Denver West Blvd, 303-273-4030
- Residence Inn by Marriott, 14600 W Sixth Avenue Frontage Rd, 303-271-0909 or 800-331-3131
Neither RockWare, Inc. nor the instructor(s) will be held responsible for ANY losses that might incur from the cancellation of the class. If the class is cancelled for any reason, RockWare will refund the registration fee within 45 days from the cancellation date or credit the amount towards other services. RockWare will not be responsible for other expenses.