The focus in WellCAD 5.7 was to enhance the user experience by improving the Data Import & Plot Creation Logic. New features processing tools and other improvements have also been made relating to the Casing Integrity Module.
Data to Plot
- New layout engine: Drag & drop, resizing, snap to grid, etc.
- New toolbar to visualize and edit Metadata.
- All file import logs are reduced to one window.
- Shift + drag over compatible log = merge.
- Drag & drop of files: works with WCL, WCF, WDT, TFD, LAS, DLIS, CSV and other file formats & got rid of the OLE import window.
The revision of the Casing Integrity module starts with a new menu structure, an improved user experience and improved processes.
- Casing joint detection: Now works very well with CCL data and is able to detect top and bottom of joints.
- MFC shift correction: The correction is now using a histogram.
- Volume calculation: Now handles 1, 2, … X. Caliper data can be provided as radius or diameter, handles custom depth intervals and improved user interface.
- Casing Integrity workspace: Extended to handle outer diameter thickness statistics and improved user interface.
Python Script Editor
- The built-in script editor now handles running of Python scripts.
- A standard Python v3.10 interpreter with pywellcad preinstalled is bundled with WellCAD.
- The user has the option of running code in any other registered Python interpreters they have installed on their machine.
- The script editor supports syntax highlighting, auto completion and live help to allow users to build up their scripts.
- Python scripts are now shown in the File -> Automation menu.