Quick Video: What’s New in LogPlot
New Copy Option in Keyword Editor
A “Copy” button has been added to the Keyword Editor. This allows you to make a copy of the currently-selected keyword for quick addition of a similar rock/soil type. You will be prompted to type in a new name for the new keyword, then you can adjust the pattern/colors as desired.
New Compiled Log (LogView) Naming Update
LogView tabs are labeled with the name of the data file being compiled, plus incremental numbers, rather than all tabs being labeled “Untitled”. The new labels reflect the name of the data file from which they were generated.
New Streamlined Data Interface
- Vertically stacked data tabs for easier scrolling and tab display
- Click and drag data tabs to easily change tab order
- Easily organize Edit Text Groups and Order using a new click and drag interface.
- Dock/undock data windows for use on additional monitors.
New Data Tools
- Apply text formatting – bold, italic, underline, color, superscript, subscript, or symbols – to selected words in your description text.
- New Wavy contact and thick contact lines can be stored in the Lithology tab and displayed in logs.
- LogPlot now supports Unicode for non-Latin characters.
- Read data from and save direction to RockWorks17 SQLite databases.
- New data types compatible with RockWorks17 include:
- Time-based Interval Data (T-data)
- Water Levels
- Define Collar Elevation in the Borehole Information tab.
- Import AGS files using a new import wizard.
- New Data Templates allow the user to easily recreate data tabs customized for streamlined data entry.
- LogPlot now saves backup files when changes to a file are saved.
- There is now more flexibility between the design and data windows. For example plot numerical curve and bar graph data within text columns.
New Log Designer Interface
- Items list now visible in an expandable/collapsible pane at the bottom of the design window.
- New layout for design panes – use checkboxes to display / hide design panes.
- Click in a design pane and the applicable tools are displayed in the tool bar.
- Lock position of all design items
- Dock/undock log designer from main program window.
- Zoom into design display.
New Log Items and Functionality
- Header/footer symbol and pattern legends
- Log body Fracture columns (project fractures onto a plane)
- Log body Water Level columns
- Interval text with borders can automatically offset to avoid overplotting.
- Color gradient fills in Curves and Bargraphs can now be vertical or horizontal.
- Curve/bargraph legends in the header can move with the column.
- Include thicknesses in Lithologic Descriptions.
- New macros for Static Text: Start Depth, End Depth, Data source.
- Rotate Edit Notes and Edit Text in 90 degree increments.
- Hide scalebar text (if only ticks are needed).
New LogView Features
- Plot files now embed the original data, so they can be opened and viewed using a different scale, margin, or pagination settings without access to the Data and Design files.
- New View Options for adjusting depth range, scale, continuous or page-break, header/footer selection, margin, and refreshing the display.
- The user can now see depth and elevation for any point on the log display based on the mouse location.
- New PDF Export option included with the program.
Update Batch and Command Line Compiling
- LogPlot now includes an updated batch compiler that allows you to export PDF files, as well as send the files to print.
- LogPlot also includes updated commands for batch and single log compilation from a command line.
- LogPlot now uses a new, modern licensing scheme with permanent, time-limited, and network license types.
- The new network license manager runs as a service and allows for licenses to be checked out to be used away from the office.