- Please choose a product to add to your cart…
$333.00 – $1,748.00
Used by geoscientists since 1983 to display their geotechnical, environmental, geophysical, mud/gas, and mining data as a graphic boring log. NEW Version Available!
LogPlot is THE standard in log plotting software
LogPlot is an easy-to-use log plotting program with a flexible log layout and intuitive data editor. LogPlot software has been used by geoscientists since 1983 to display their geotechnical, environmental, geophysical, mud/gas, and mining data as a graphic boring log.
We can help with migrating your data from gINT© software.
Plot single-page logs for shallow borings or multi-page/continuous logs for deep wells. Share logs with clients via PDF or post HTML log pages on your website. Export single pages or continuous logs to JPG, BMP, TIFF, and PNG images.
After using this software for over 3 years, I have to say, I LOVE IT!
– Roger A. Shervington, P.E., Inc, Geotechnical Engineer, Claremont CA
New Features in LogPlot
New in LogPlot: New LogDesign entities, text formatting, LAS import tools, and more.
LogPlot in Industry
LogPlot's extraordinary flexibility has made it a popular software program for generating well logs / boring logs / drillhole logs in numerous earth science industries.
LogPlot Feature Summary
LogPlot offers a comprehensive set of borehole log software features including the Log Designer, Data Editor, Log Viewer, and much more.
Log Headers and Footers
Each LogPlot template can store up to two headers and two footers, as well as a full sheet "title page" that can be printed at the beginning of the log
The "body" of the log is where the downhole data will be displayed, such as lithology, sample measurements, water levels, etc.
LogPlot Data Editor
The LogPlot Data Editor displays different blocks of data (lithology descriptions, curve listings, etc.) in tabbed data "pages" where you can type, point-and-click, cut-and-paste, or import the information.
Graphic logs are displayed in the Log View window. Adjust plot parameters, print, and export.
Please complete this short form before your download. We will send you a courtesy email should you need to contact us with download or installation questions.
LogPlot should install, license, and run properly in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. It is available with both 64-bit and 32-bit versions. The 64-bit version supports longer logs and faster processing, and requires a 64-bit version of Windows.
You can run LogPlot on a virtual machine on a Mac Computer running Windows, but it will not install directly to a Mac.
The RockWare Network License Administrator – for network licenses – runs under Windows Server 2008 (or newer) or Windows 7 (or newer).
LogPlot is offered with the following license types:
- A Single license can be installed onto a single computer. It is activated with a code specific to that computer, issued by RockWare. The license can be transferred to a new computer or different user by following the transfer instructions listed below on this FAQ page. Single licenses cannot be accessed across a network and are not a shared license type. This license can be upgraded to a Network license by paying the difference in price.
- A Network license is a shared license type. Any potential user may install LogPlot on their local computer. A separate License Manager program is installed on a server or other network computer and activated for X number of concurrent users. When a person launches LogPlot on their local machine, it looks to the License Manager to see if a seat is available and, if so, it will start. The License Manager can be configured to permit users to borrow a license when not connected to the network (e.g. in the field) for up to 60 days. Additional seats can be added by paying the difference in price.
- A Classroom license is offered to academic institutions at a highly discounted price and is comprised of a Single license (typically for the instructor) and a Network license (for the lab). The Network seats are purchased in blocks of 10 (10 concurrent users, 20 concurrent users, etc.)
- Go to the main LogPlot product page.
- Click the Free Trial tab.
- Enter your name and email.
- Click the Captcha check-box, and click Continue. The Free Trial tab will now display instructions and a Download button for the 64-bit (recommended) and the 32-bit versions.
- Click one of the Download buttons.
- Save the installer to your computer.
- When the download is complete, run the installer.
You can watch a quick video with the Free Trial download instructions.
If you purchase a license for LogPlot, you will receive an email from our fulfillment desk with the “registration number” for your license. Keep this – you’ll need it to activate your license.
LogPlot installs as a demo. You can download the installer from the main LogPlot page on our website. Save the installer file to your computer, then run it to install the software. The trial version is fully-functional for 2 weeks.
If you purchased a Single or Annual license, a machine-specific “Unlocking Code” is used to convert the time-limited demo to the full version. You can request your Unlocking Code via the RockWare Customer Portal or our Registration Form. (See the LogPlot Licensing page for details.)
If you purchased a Network license, your administrator will need to download, install, and activate the separate RockWare Network License Administrator on a server or other network computer. Contact us with questions. Users can install the LogPlot demo on their local computer as described above and connect to the license manager. (See the LogPlot Licensing page for details.)
Visit the LogPlot Licensing page for quick videos which show how to activate and remove Single and Network licenses for LogPlot.
This is a 3-step process: removing the licensing from the original machine, installing the program on your new computer, and unlocking the license on the new computer. See also: LogPlot Licensing.
LogPlot Single User License Transfer
1. Remove the license from the original computer:
- Start LogPlot.
- Select Help | Change Licensing.
- Click in the Remove Licensing radio button and click Change.
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm the operation.
- Right-click / Copy or write down the Uninstall Number which is displayed.
2. Install LogPlot onto your new computer:
- Visit the Product Updates page to download the latest installation program.
NOTE: If your maintenance has expired, you’ll need to visit the Archives Page instead to download a revision that precedes the expiration date.
- Run the installation to install LogPlot.
- Start the program and click the Set Up Licensing button (or choose Help | Change Licensing).
- Select LogPlot Single as the license type.
- Right-click / Copy the new Installation Number displayed here – you’ll need this below.
3. Request your new unlocking code by visiting either:
- The RockWare Customer Portal for online (immediate) generation of your code. In the Portal you can create a new account or log in using your existing account.
- Locate the license you are transferring and click the Unlock button.
- Choose Transfer to a Different Computer as the Unlock Type.
- Enter the new Installation Number, the Uninstall Number from the previous computer, the end user name and email.
- Click the Unlock Software button, and the Unlocking Code should be displayed on the screen.
- Click the button to the right to copy this long code, and paste it into the Unlocking Code prompt in LogPlot.
- The Registration Page for email reply.
- You’ll need to supply your contact information, your license Registration Number, the new Installation Number, and the Uninstall Code from the previous computer.
- We will reply by email with the new unlocking code.
Maintenance is offered for Single and Network licenses for LogPlot. New licenses and upgrades to LogPlot include one year of maintenance. Maintenance includes the support options listed on our support page, as well as 30 minutes of phone support, software updates and bug fixes, and new version upgrades.
After the expiration of the 12 month period, maintenance can be renewed for a fee. If you choose NOT to renew, you are still able to use the software, however:
- You will not be able to use a revision than is newer than your maintenance expiration date – no new features or bug fixes. (If you would like an idea of how many enhancements we have made to the program, check out the LogPlot Revisions listing.)
- Upgrades from LogPlot to new versions are only offered under this maintenance plan and cannot be purchased separately. If maintenance has lapsed, you need to pay the lapsed maintenance plus the maintenance renewal to get back on the plan.
For more details please refer to our Maintenance Policy.
Yes. LogPlot installs with an extensive library of rock/soil symbols (or “patterns”), which are linked to an extensive list of lithology and well construction terms (or “keywords” such as “sand”, “argillaceous limestone”, etc.). You can create new pattern designs and keywords very easily, and delete the designs and terms you don’t use. Once you’ve come up with your own list of keywords and patterns, your files can be saved and shared with others who use the software.
Yes. Using LogPlot, you can plot paginated single-sheet or multi-page logs, with any combination of headers and footers on each page. You can also plot continuous logs to plotters or fanfold paper printers which have a Windows-supported driver and which support banner printing.
Yes – The Data Editor’s LAS import tool reads LAS (Log ASCII Standard) files, version 1.2 – 3 for import into the Data Editor. You can import single curves or many from the LAS file.
LogPlot allows the user to define curve line type, fill type and symbol type in the Log Designer. You can plot curves using a linear or logarithmic scale, and also have several choices for curve wrapping. Additionally, LogPlot has a cross-plot curve column type that will fill in the space between two curves when they intersect. Another option is to adjust the horizontal scale of a curve so that it changes with depth.
See the LogPlot Gallery tab for examples.
Yes, the “offset” field in the well construction window allows you to offset items to the right of left of the center of the column. This gives you the ability to display as many casings as you want within a single bore.
LogPlot‘s sole purpose is creating logs: It generates individual well/boring logs with almost unlimited flexibility in log layout, with detailed headers, footers, and any combination of data columns. You can create the graphic log at any vertical scale and print to single-sheet or continuous printers. If you need detailed individual logs, LogPlot is the way to go.
RockWorks creates more simplified logs, designed for display in cross sections and fence diagrams, and as a launching point for project-wide data interpolation and display. Logs are just a small part of what RockWorks does.
RockWorks and LogPlot can share data, so they work nicely together. They are purchased separately.
Click on a link below to view the support options for LogPlot:
- LogPlot Downloads
- LogPlot FAQ
- LogPlot Support Forum
- Technical Support Policy
- LogPlot Maintenance Policy
- Set up Licensing
- License Agreement
- Online Help
If you have purchased a different product from us, please review the manual for the developer’s contact information. If you are unable to find any contact information then please contact RockWare, we would be happy to supply you with the contact information of the developer.