Academic discounts are extended as a professional courtesy to departments of universities and colleges whose primary purpose is classroom education. Research institutions and government organizations affiliated with universities generally do not qualify for the academic discount.
Clients who MAY qualify for the academic discount:
- belong to an academic department of a university or college, and
- the department’s primary purpose is classroom education, not research,
- the department offers formal courses under its own name,
- the department offers undergraduate major(s) and/or graduate degree(s) and recruits students for these purposes, and
- the department has appointed faculty members
- will use the software primarily for teaching purposes: classroom instruction and/or academic research with students.
Among those who DO NOT qualify:
- are non-profit or tax exempt government organizations and research institutions that are affiliated with universities
- are museums, geological surveys, or bureaus of mines
- are agencies or institutes that employ students or offer ancillary services to academic departments
- will use the software for research for commercial or government projects, or for consulting
See our products here