2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniele

Daniele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

I've attached a PDF with the stratigraphy model derived from boreholes I need to replicate in Rockworks.

The stratigraphy model derived from natural deposition (PDF) is:
- Material A
- Material B
- Material C

The stratigraphy model derived from anthropomorphic deposition can be one of the following (PDF):

- Material A
- Material B
- Material C

- Material B
- Material A
- Material B
- Material C

- Material A
- Material C

- Material B
- Material C

What is the best way to get the solid model or to construct top/botton of grid files to get profile?

Drawing profile by hand suggests me the Hypothesis 1 (PDF), while using Rockworks I choose the Hypothesis 2. I divide material B in B1 and B2. Material B1 is on top of Material C. Material B2 is on top of Material A.
I'm using the natural deposition order hypothesis (PDF).

At the end of the gridding process I will edit Material B2 to set the same color/fill property so that in profile section I get the same hand drawing profile from Hypothesis 1.

Any suggestion?

I've never used Lithology model approach, should I give it a try?

Regards,
Daniele

#2 Molly

Molly

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi Daniele,

Organizing discontinuous materials into stratigraphic layers can be daunting, particularly without context of the entire project - another correlation possibility is shown here.

Attached File  strat_option3.jpg   47.54KB   9 downloads

You might try using lithology modeling to get an idea of project-wide distribution of the materials - this can make it easier to glean major versus minor lenses, as well as determine stratigraphic groupings. The Stratigraphy / Pick Contacts tool can be used to display lithology logs (and even existing strat picks) and pick unit placement, with the correlation panels displayed on the screen.

Molly Mayfield
RockWare Inc.

#3 Daniele

Daniele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi Daniele,

Organizing discontinuous materials into stratigraphic layers can be daunting, particularly without context of the entire project - another correlation possibility is shown here.

In my point of view this is not a correct correlation as B1 cannot stand above C.

You might try using lithology modeling to get an idea of project-wide distribution of the materials - this can make it easier to glean major versus minor lenses, as well as determine stratigraphic groupings.

I will try to get a lithological model.
By the way I know how the materials are distribuited, but I need to get Rockworks to reproduce my conceptual model. ;-)

Nice Easter,
daniele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users