RockWare Support Forum

This database is from a previous version of RockWorks

tballard

While I am sure that this topic is probably addressed somewhere on the forum, I cannot find it with any searches I have done.

I am trying to open/import a RockWorks project into RockWorks16, but keep getting the error message:

This database is from a previous version of RockWorks.

Please create a new RockWorks16 project, basing it on this one.

[path is listed here]

That is all well and good, but how do I import the data to do this? Once I click OK, I get a message that RW16 cannot open the database and nothing else. I'm sure there must be some way to open projects from prior versions of RockWorks, but the help files do not seem to be very helpful. I did try to use the RW15 to RW16 converter, but that did not transfer any data into the new project. I believe the prior project may have been created in RW15, based on the RK6 files in the project folder.

I can open the MDB file in Excel and Access, so I know the data is there, I just need to know how to get it into RW16.

Thank you.

Tom Ballard

Just FYI - I cannot open the project in RW15 either, so it may be possible it is a RW14 project.

OK, I uploaded the project file (Rockworks - Copy), although it was too large as it was and I had to trim a few RK6 files out. For the record, the upload page does not function using Firefox - I had to use Internet Explorer, which is just not acceptable these days.

That worked perfectly. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong before, but the step-by-step instructions did the trick. Thanks so much for the help!