RockWare Support Forum

" Singular Matrix in Chemical Solver, STOP"

chance

Hi all,

I am a freshman using Petrasim/ToughReact.

I am trying to rum a simulation.

But it doesnt work and it says " Singular Matrix in Chemical Solver, STOP"

What could be the reason?

Can anyone kindly help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I get this message now and again. The reason is normally due to the fact that you have defined a mineral, lets say Calcite, but forgot to define an important constituent of the mineral as, e.g., Ca2+.

You can see in the chdump file which minerals was not properly defined and then go in and define the components.

I hope that was helpfull :-)

Mette

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I get this message now and again. The reason is normally due to the fact that you have defined a mineral, lets say Calcite, but forgot to define an important constituent of the mineral as, e.g., Ca2+.

You can see in the chdump file which minerals was not properly defined and then go in and define the components.

Mette

Hi Mette,I just saw this reply now. Thank you anyway. I remember solving the issue exactly the same way you explained.

Chance

• 1 year later...
Hi there,

Mette

Hi,

I am also encountering the same problem. You said the chdump file would tell some information? How can we tell which mineral is not defined properly?

I have made sure that all necessary primary species are defined. But I still get the same problem over and over again.

Thanks for any advice.

Qian