RockWare Support Forum

Interactive data entry

Seas

Our business acquires and logs vibrocores(soft sediment cores) each up to 6m in length. A typical job may acquire 100 - 200 cores which we describe analyse and create logplot7 logs for. I currently log on paper then enter the data via a multilog Excel spreadsheet and then import the file to LP7...it would be far more efficient if I could enter the data interactively ie display my log template click where i want a symbol and add it to the plot. Similarly to be able to 'draw' a grainsize curve for instance, rather than entering specific data points into a table. Ideally this would be done on a tablet. Any thoughts?

LogPlot is designed to create the graphic log by reading (compiling) a listing of data, with the presumption that the measurements themselves are what you want to save/analyze, and the logs are just a nifty way to represent them graphically.

It's possible/probable that we'll be able to implement more drawing tools in future versions of LogPlot, so that you could both compile data as well as draw some of the components.

In the meantime, feel free to call our support staff to discuss ways to streamline your data entry/log generation within the current program architecture.

Molly

RockWare Inc

Thanks Molly, I'l perservere...btw the compiled logs are excellent and leave my previous manually drawn logs for dead!

Regards

Jim

LogPlot is designed to create the graphic log by reading (compiling) a listing of data, with the presumption that the measurements themselves are what you want to save/analyze, and the logs are just a nifty way to represent them graphically.

It's possible/probable that we'll be able to implement more drawing tools in future versions of LogPlot, so that you could both compile data as well as draw some of the components.

In the meantime, feel free to call our support staff to discuss ways to streamline your data entry/log generation within the current program architecture.

Molly

RockWare Inc