RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Constraining stratigraphy model by surface RW17

Hi Vincent, When creating a Stratigraphy model in RockWorks 17, enable the Constraining Surface option and specify the ground surface RwGrd file. Both grids must have the same min max XY and same XY spacing. Specify the Truncation Type as Truncate Units Above Ground Surface. This option will truncate all units in the model. Turn off the option to Replace Top Surface with Ground Surface. Another method is to use the Utilities Grid | Filter | Limit menu to truncate one surface with the ground surface. I cannot tell what the vertical lines are in your graphic. You are welcome to send your Rw2D file with the section or profile to [email protected] It may also be helpful to see your menu settings, please include a backup of your project created with the Borehole Manager File | Backup Database menu command. Larger files may be uploaded to https://rockware.com/upload/ Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  3. Constraining stratigraphy model by surface RW17

Hi I'm having trouble to constrain my stratigraphy model (section) to a surface grid. More specifically, the top stratigraphic layer is limited to the surface grid, so that's fine. However, the surface also cuts the layer below the top stratigraphic layer in reality; but this is not showed in the model. The blue dashed line represents the surface. How do I constrain the green layer to this surface? I read somewhere in the RW17 guide that the constraining surface is only applied to the top stratigraphic layer, but this sure can't be how it's supposed to work, or am I misstaken? On a completely different note, how do I get rid of the vertical lines in the middle of the image? Thanks in advance. Kind regards Vincent Verswijvel
  4. Last week
  5. Google Red X

Chris, After discussing with one of our developers I believe the issue is the pound sign (#) that you have in your project name. For some reason Google Earth does not like that, but after we removed the pound sign from the project name it exported to Google Earth without any issues.
  6. Earlier
  7. Google Red X

Good morning Chris, Thank you very much for sending over the backup of your database. I am getting the same red X as you when I try to export your data into Google Earth. We believe the issue may be stemming from google earth itself as it appears to be having some outage issues at this time. I will monitor the issue and try again later today to see if it is corrected.
  8. Google Red X

Transferring BH Map to Google earth results in Red X. Transferring via Google Earth Simple or Advanced tools results in perfect data. Attached is the latest backup. I must be missing something and would appreciate guidance. Thank you Craig Smith Walker Williams SW #3200207.zip
  9. Logplot feature request

Hi haga2000, Great idea to name and number the LogView tabs. I'll add your request to the suggestion file. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  10. compiling multiple logs next to each other

Hi haga2000, LogPlot is not designed to show multiple logs on the same page. I recommend the RockWorks software for this task. RockWorks can create cross-sections, and profiles from multiple logs. It can import LogPlot data files. Download a free trial version of RockWorks to test these features with your data. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  11. Logplot feature request

when compiling logs particularely when proof reading and editing, one need to make a lot of logs each log is displayed as "view untitled". Thus a nmber of logs will have the same view name. I request the following update: Instead of displaying the log as "view untitled" it should be displayed as "view (data name)(n), where data name is = to the name of data set and n is a number that increase with one for each version of the log that is created.
  12. I have a set of simple logs, each with one lithology and one set of point data, the length varies their legend is common. I need to put these next to each other on one page. this should be easy, but not well documented in any instructions.
  13. LogPlot8 2020.1.29

New versions of LogPlot8 (32-bit and 64-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website yesterday with the following changes: Bug Fix The setting for the footer of the last page wasn't being used when compiled for Page output. The Horizontal Line was not honoring the default setting for wavy lines or user specified wavy lines. Updated Network License Requirements The LogPlot 8 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. You can also refer to the complete LogPlot revision list: https://www.rockware.com/rockworks/revisions/current_logplot_revisions.htm To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside LogPlot8. Or visit the LogPlot Free Trial tab (https://www.rockware.com/product/logplot/) where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT UNINSTALL first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before January 2020. If you would like to renew your maintenance, contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer) and either create a new account (new visitors) or log in with your existing account. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  14. New versions of RockWorks17 (64- and 32-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today, with the following changes: Bug Fixes Eliminated the Access Violation error when dragging a RockPlot3D View node in the scene's data tree. Also improved the positioning when dropping a View node. Programs that required appending multiple 2D diagrams (e.g. Profiles with Location Maps) weren't updating the header correctly so the initial plot extents were wrong. Updated Network License Requirements The RockWorks 17 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of all changes in the program. To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks17. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before January 2020. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Bon app├ętit! Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  15. If all of these variables do not need to vary, then the "Fixed State" option would work fine. If you need to vary the temperature or pressure of the boundary, then the very large volume option (either set to geometric cells or an extra cell) would be more appropriate. This way, you could add large amounts of water or heat to the cells to force fluctuations in temperature or pressure. There is a discussion of time-varying boundaries in the PetraSim manual.
  16. If you do a literature search for TOUGHREACT and Clay Swelling, a few articles do pop up on Google. Many of them seem to be by the TOUGHREACT authors at LBL, so you may want to contact them to see if they have any tips on how the simulated the swelling of the clay minerals.
  17. Hi JuDi, I would next check how the downhole survey data are entered into the Orientation table for Well #3. Be sure it is using the same inclination format as the other wells. RockWorks accepts three different well survey formats, but all holes need to use the same format. See this help topic for information: https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/data_bh_orientation.htm Also, if you are using the Striplogs | 2D | Single Log program to plot the logs individually, there are a number of settings which will affect how a deviated well will plot: 1) View Direction: Represents the direction toward which the log should be viewed. If your hole deviates toward the north, for example, and you enter 0 for the view direction, you will get a head-on view of the log, rather than a sideways view with View Direction = 90. 2) Plot Vertical: Will force an inclined or deviated well to display as vertical in the log diagram. 3) Use True Vertical Depth: Will scale the log vertically using TVD rather than measured depth. 4) Unwind: Will plot a deviated well unwound toward the right. See this help topic for more information: https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/striplog_single.htm If you are displaying the logs in cross section with other logs, the display will depend on the type of diagram you are generating. Profiles always display logs projected onto the slice plane with survey orientation honored. Sections always display logs as vertical (with TVD as an option) at panel edges. Projected Sections project logs vertically onto the slice planes. Contact us by email if you are able to send us your data for review. Best regards, Molly
  18. Hi Molly, I am working with Wenli on the same database. I checked 1) and 2). Looks all fine. It is weird, because the logs are plotted for other wells, only one is showing the data in one spot, see well 3. in the image: As Wenli states, the issue only shows when checking 'use true vertical depth' I also recalculated the xyz values for that log in question again. Any other hint what to check?
  19. Thanks Molly for your guide. I just figure it out the if I don't click the true vertical depth when choosing the vertical display, then it shows all the depth.
  20. Hi Wenli, Thanks for your posting. 1. Be sure you do not have the "Clip" option checked in the 2D Striplog options window. 2. Be sure that the TD for the borehole (Location table) is not shallower than the extents of the actual data. If you have multiple holes for which this is an issue, there is an "Adjust Total Depths" option in the Borehole Manager's Edit menu which can automatically push TD's to the depth extents of the data in bulk. See this help link for a discussion. If these do not solve the log clipping problem, it would be helpful to see the data and program settings. Contact support at rockware.com for sending these to us. Best regards, Molly Mayfield
  21. I tried to plot the logs for one single well using striplog, but the deeper depth can not show on the plot, it only shows the shallower depth. I cannot find the option to adjust the depth interval to display. Any suggestions?
  22. Setting a custom projection

Hi Edward, Use the latest version of RockWorks to get this feature. Old versions did not have this feature. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  23. In my conceptual model, geochemical reaction will produce some clay minerals, and then the clay minerals swelling will clog or block porosity in the reservoir . so, I am not sure if Petrasim can simulate this process?
  24. There are three ways to set a constant boundary in Petrasim, First, set the boundary cells to fixed state; Second, set the boundary cells to 1E50 or more Third, set an extra cell which has large or very large volume, and then connect the extra cell to boundary cell. Actually, I am a beginner for Petrasim, so I am not sure whether these three ways are right. Please let me know if I make mistake, THANKS! My question is that there is a large lake, and my model domain is the bottom of the lake, so what type should I use when I set the top boundary? I focus on pressure, saturation and temperature, I do not know what type boundary is more appropriately. Thank you very much!
  25. wa, Tom Thanks a lot I will try to convert it by gwb. I am doing some model by gwb.. Thansk again. Xiao
  26. Project Datum - NAD 27

He's probably using an older version. He needs to download the latest version.
  27. Project Datum - NAD 27

Hi, I am using Rockworks 17 Advanced and can select the "other" coordinates for custom projection without any problem. The issue is that one of my coworkers is also using Rockworks 17 Advanced and he the tab for "other" does not come up on his computer (he can only see the options of Local, SPC and UTM). What may be causing this?
  1. Load more activity