RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Dear all colleagues, Please help me that anyone can show me the typical and approriate input parameters for Atmosphere simulation in Petrasim ? or any other ways to simulate it. ----- Thank you and appreciate so much.
  3. Last week
  4. Hi Vincent, I have good luck with ReportWorks printing to CutePDF at 2400dpi and 4000 dpi. If problems continue, you are welcome to send a backup of your project, your Rw2D and PDF files to [email protected] and I will take a look Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  5. Earlier
  6. A new version of RockWorks2020 was uploaded to the RockWare website yesterday, with a lot of changes: New Features The Output Options / Export sub-menu now includes an option for exporting the output directly to PDF. The Opacity of Colored Intervals within 2D output may now be adjusted such that features below the contour map (e.g. airphotos) may be identified. The Striplogs page within the Graphics / Animate / Solid -> 3D Animation and Solid -> 3D IsoShell Animation program menus now includes an option titled "T-Data Only". If selected, striplogs within the animations will be filtered such that only the logs with T-Data that was sampled during the model date interval will be shown. A new program titled "Depth to Target" has been added to the ModOps / Solid / Solid -> Grid sub-menu in RockWorks2020. Given a ground surface grid model and a solid model, this program will create and display a grid that represents the depth to either the largest solid node value or the depth to the shallowest node within a specified range. An option titled "Constrain" has been added to the Solid Options sub-menu. This new tool will use the specified boolean model (the "constraining model") to determine which nodes will be interpolated during the subsequent modeling process. Specifically, nodes will not be interpolated for voxels in which the corresponding node within the constraining boolean model has a value of zero (false). Constraining models are useful for limiting geochemical models to regions defined by other parameters such as permeability. Improvements All programs that read data from the Datasheet will now skip any data that contains a null (-1.0e27) value. If the Drape option is used as an embellishment for any 3D diagram, and the grid that the image is to be draped over has not been specified, the following error message will appear: RockPlot2D now loads quicker and with less flickering in the Launch Form. DXF exports from RockPlot3D now use True Colors and support vertical exaggeration. Collada Export is exported in meters. Coordinate system has to be set but does not have to be in decimal degrees. The Depth-to-Target program now provides for a minimum G-Value when computing the depth to maximum G-Value. This eliminates background-levels from consideration. In addition, a color legend may now be added to the output. The maximum number of cutoff levels has been increased from three to six within the Display as IsoShells, Solids -> 3D IsoShell Animations, Time-Based Volumetrics programs in RockWorks2020 When generating IsoShell animations, empty models will generate a warning message rather than an error message. This prevents the process from disrupting a long Playlist process. Cosmetic An explanatory diagram has been added to the new Solid Modeling / Options / Constrain page. The Output Options menu for programs that generate 3D diagrams has been redesigned to be consistent with the Output Options menu for 2D diagrams. The notice/reminder that appears within the Striplogs page no longer appears behind the clipping parameters menu. The TCE Site Playlist has been modified to accommodate the new solid modeling Constrain option and the changes to the Multiple Solids (aka TimeMachine) program. The Multiple Solids help message and abstract have also been modified accordingly. The default width of the dialog box that appears when renaming a RockWorks2020 Playlist item has been increased to 800 pixels to allow for longer descriptions. Ampersands (&) are now displayed within the Grid2DipSymMap, RuColMultiFilt, SolidGridFilter, Vpanels, and Vpanels2Xyzg program titles and/or descriptions. Arrows symbols are no longer preceded by hyphens within the Pgon, R2d2Mif, R2d2Pdf, and R2DtoReportworks programs titles and/or descriptions. Bug Fixes DXF exports from RockPlot3D now correctly place polylines at their correct elevation. Restored the upper tabs for P-Data Fence diagrams. The Optimize column layout for the datasheet now honors the Preferences setting. Improved the accuracy of coordinates in RockPlot3D. Draped images now align correctly with the grid dimensions. The Animate / Solids -> 3D animation program now uses the specified color scheme. The margin and line width are now honored in RockPlot2D exports to raster images. Items within the Playlist that use custom color tables will no longer alter other items that use custom color tables if the item is edited. The Playlist / Add / Project Dimensions option now works correctly. Items that are edited within the Playlist no longer change the settings within the corresponding application within the main menu bar. Modifying a Slice Position for Solid Models in RockPlot3D (RW2020) using the mouse on the slider bar now updated the position in the title of the Slice Options dialog. Double ampersands (&&) within program descriptions are now shown as single ampersands when adding items to the Playlist. The Vertex Table options within the Graphics / 2D Tools / Enclosing Polygon program in RockWorks2020 now have check-boxes to determine how the vertices will be saved. Documentation The RockWorks2020 TCE Site Playlist and PDF have been adjusted to reflect the recent changes to the IsoShell cutoff levels within the program. A PDF file titled "Time-Based Modeling, Analysis & Visualization" is now included within the TCE Site folder for RockWorks2020. This paper is intended to serve as a step-by-step tutorial for using the Playlist to model, visualize, and analyze a TCE groundwater contaminant that is migrating over time. Abstracts have been added to a number of menu options. We recommend that Network license users install the RockWare Network License Administrator v. 1.15. Contact support at rockware.com for a link to the the latest version. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of all changes in the program. To download this build, use the Help | Updates | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks2020. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before May 2020. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  7. Hi all I am having trouble with creating PDF's of high quality. I have already tried 2 different options, but I don't seem to get closer to a desired outcome. Basically I need to create a pdf of a projected alongside a location map. The first problem is that I need a different lay-out for my probings and my bores. I can get this far and append the probings and the bores to one projected section without much problem. What doesn't work out is that I need to create a location map seperate from the projected section as I want both probings and bores on my location map. Ideally, I want the location map in the same pdf as my projected section. What I have tried so far is the following: Rockplot/2D export to PDF with different settings such as pixels per inch, size, dynamic vs Fixed Sizing. I always have to make a trade off between the high pixels per inch for high quality or low pixels per inch because thin lines like the surface are barely visible in an exported pdf when I put in high pixels per inch. Reportworks: I have not explored this thorough, but the quality of the first image I created was rather poor. I couldn't read the labels of bore and probings for example. Are there any guidelines for finding the right settings? I also have one other sidequestion left: Is it possible to show the distance on the line of the location map like it is shown on the projected section? Anyway, much appreciated if someone could look into this. Kind regards Vincent
  8. OK! I was clicking through on the Maps/Bore hole map with poor results yesterday, but today it works just fine. Also yesterday the second choice in that menuu for "optional fields" would not open at all - some error message about first database field = -1 or similar, and it is opening and working fine now also. Maybe all it needed was to have a good reboot or have a night to settle in.
  9. Hi David, Are you clicking the QuickMap tab, which is next to the Borehole Data tab and gives a quick view of the borehole locations and project extents, or are you selecting the Maps | Borehole Map option from the upper menu ribbon? The latter should display a dialog with all of the map and contouring settings. Molly M RockWare Inc
  10. Just downloaded, installed 2020. Looking around I tried the borehole location map and wanted to check that I had brought over the proper files for making the topo. When I click borehole location map it does not bring up the screen where I would be able to select to add traces, contours, change symbol size and text size, etc. It jumps straight to making a map with no options offered. Where did that go?
  11. RockWare migrated its website to a new server last weekend, and this resulted in users seeing this error message when trying to do an automatic download of a LogPlot8 program update. There is no grabber capable of handling URL: (installer file) If your maintenance is current, you can manually download the latest installer from our Product Updates page:https://www.rockware.com/support/logplot-support/logplot-downloads/logplot-product-updates/ Once you have downloaded the installer, just run it to install over the top of your current copy of the program, don't uninstall first or you'll lose your licensing. We hope to have the issue remedied soon. Thanks Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc.
  12. RockWare migrated its website to a new server last weekend, and this resulted in users seeing this error message when trying to do an automatic download of a RockWorks17 program update. There is no grabber capable of handling URL: (installer file) If your maintenance is current, you can manually download the latest installer for RockWorks17 from our Product Updates page: https://www.rockware.com/support/rockworks-support/rockworks-downloads/rockworks-product-updates/ Once you have downloaded the installer for RockWorks17, just run it to install over the top of your current copy of the program, don't uninstall first or you'll lose your licensing. We hope to have the issue remedied soon. Thanks Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc.
  13. New versions of RockWorks17 (64- and 32-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today, with the following change: Bug Fixes The Initialize Grid using the inclined option now returns the correctly oriented grid. This function is also used by the Tilt option in Solid Modeling. Solid Models with negative values and a range of zero no longer appear black. Note that the RockWorks 17 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of all changes in the program. To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks17. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before April 2020. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  14. I'd look at your cutoff distance, half the cell size should work but if the cell size varies in the x, y and z spacing then it will be more hit or miss. Mitch
  15. Hi Molly Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have, however, 1 question. Filtering my boreholes on arsenic, I get 40 non-zero values across 11 different boreholes. When I create the statistics report, the population (Non-null) is equal to 80. This is the exact double. Is this as intended? I calculated the mean myself and this corresponds to the mean in the statistics report. Kind regards Vincent
  16. Hi Vincent, You can get a statistics report for the raw data using the I-Data | Statistics program. On the right side of the window, turn on "Spatial (XYZ) Filtering", specifically an Upper Surface and Lower Surface. Click the Adjust Filtering Options button to browse for those surfaces. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc.
  17. Now that I think of it, this sounds very obvious. Thank you very much, this is very helpfull.
  18. Somebody else may suggest a way to do this without modeling but if you use the Closest Point method with a small distance cutoff there will be no manipulation of the values. Just the original values and nulls.
  19. Hi Mitch Thank you for your response. I will definitely look at this. However, it may seem a little weird, but it is not preferable to model the arsenic for my project. Do you think it's possible to get the statistics from the raw input, so without modelling the arsenic? Kind regards Vincent
  20. If you model the arsenic you'll have several choices for extracting the level data. First you can create an I-Data Plan map for the elevation of your choice which creates a grid of the values. You can the use the Grid Statistics program on the grid. Secondly you can use your stratigraphic layers to filter the arsenic model and then run Solid Statistics on the filtered model. Mitch
  21. Hi all I am looking for a way to extract geochemical data from a specific layer. For example, I have put all the arsenic levels into the I-data tab of Rockworks (17) and I have a stratigraphy model. Is it possible to know all the statistics (mean, st.d., etc.) of arsenic in a layer of my choosing? I have not modelled the geochemical data, is this necessary? Kind regards Vincent Verswijvel
  22. Hello TomB, Thank you so much for your help! You literally saved me. I'll try to do this just like you described. Thanks again, James.
  23. JamesH, Regarding your lithology map question: Create lithology map from a lithology model RwMod file and a gridded surface RwGrd file with the Borehole Manager Lithology | Surface Map menu. If you have truncated the Lithology model with the ground surface (superface filter), and you are using the same ground surface for the Lithology Surface Map, you may need to subtract the value of the model Z spacing. The ground surface and lithology model do not overlay exactly due to the size of the lithology model voxels. If you imagine placing a board on a flight of stairs, you will notice that the board only contacts the edge of the stair steps. To subtract a value from the grid used for the Lithology surface, use the Utilities Grid | Math | Grid & Constant menu. Topography contours are not created using this method. You can append topography contours created in another map such as the Borehole Manager Map | Borehole Locations map or the Utilities Map | Grid-Based Map. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc .
  24. JamesH, I suggest using the Striplogs | 2D | Section and Striplogs | 3D | Multiple Logs to look at your Stratigraphy data. Only a few of your boreholes have the Proterozoic unit, and they are at a higher elevation relative to the base Paleozoic in the boreholes on the east side of the project. If you make grids of this unit, RockWorks does not have the control points for this unit in the wells where it is missing, so it uses the existing data to project the unit at a high elevation. Add Proterozoic tops to boreholes to control the surface. . Some boreholes have missing tops for the Paleozoic where it has been pinched out by the Proterozoic. Add zero-thickness tops for the Paleozoic in these boreholes to control the surfaces. Use the Striplogs | Pick Stratigraphic Contacts menu to add tops on a cross-section and save them to the Borehole Manager Stratigraphy table. Another option is to create a Stratigraphy model with the Triangulation gridding method, and choose the option for No Interpolation of Un-Triangulatable Nodes. This method will truncate the surface outside the area where there is data. There are boreholes that need additional tops to prevent the surfaces from crossing with this method, but it is not as bad as with the other interpolation methods that extend to the edge of the project limits. . I will address your lithology question in a separate message. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  25. Hi TomB, I tired the onlap function many times. On the 1st picture is onlap turned on and 2nd is onlap off. It only removes paleozoic under proterozoic but still leaves proterozoic in the middle of cretaceous. I've tried to downloaad the trial version of Rockworks 17 but for some reason the converting from 16 to 17 maded errors and even after fixing it the files are not suitable I guess because when I want to create model or something else everything is so small and unreadable and the model is not even showing. So I shloud try to create new unreal boreholes to fix it? I've also tried adding 0 thickness of proterozoic under paleozoic and 0 thickness to paleozoic where is proterozoic right under the cretaceous but it still did not help. I guess I'll try share my project here since I am pretty new in rockworks and after few months of using it it's still pretty difficult for me. The backup file is pretty small so it should be no problem. Only the stratigraphy and litology datasheets are in czech language so I hope I won't be a big problem or you can use google translator If needed. Here are the most common rocks: cretaceous slínovec = marlstone; pískovec = sandstone, písek = sand; slepenec = conglomerate; jíl = clay, jílovec = claystone and some older proterozoic slates = břidlice. Rockworks stratigrafie001.zip
  26. Hey thanks for the tip. I've checked the litology datasheet in all boreholes and triple checked stratigraphy datasheet and it looks fine so my guess is problem is somewhere else. I've also checked again the values in datasheet and lowered the value of "unknown age" so proterozoic would be last but I don't use boreholes with these since they are not needed for the model.
  27. Hi James, RockWorks 16 and 17 both have the option to allow underlying units take precedence when grids intersect when creating a Stratigraphy model. In RockWorks 16, this option is called Onlap and is set from the Stratigraphy model menu under the Interpolate Surfaces item. RockWorks 17 adds the ability to allow overlying units take precedence in the Modeling Sequence tab in the Interpolate Surfaces Options. In either case, the automatic Stratigraphy modeling may not produce the model you wish, especially if control is sparse for the lower units. In that case, you can build your model manually using additional control points created from the thicknesses of each unit in the Utilities datasheet, and Utilities Grid | Math to subtract the thickness from the top unit to get the top of the underlying unit. You are welcome to create a backup of the project with the Borehole Manager File | Backup Database menu command and send the ZIP file to [email protected] Include your RwGrd files in the ZIP file. Larger files may be uploaded to rockware.com/upload or you may send a link to your DropBox, Google Drive, or other shared folder. Regards, Tom B
  28. Control points are the known depths of the formation top and bottom. You get these from borehole data, ideally although you could create an imaginary well from a good cross section. With one or more imaginary wells well you can “define” the depth of the Proterozoic at different locations on your grid. Also it looks like there is a gap between the Cretaceous and the Proterozoic in your block model that you may need to look at. Best Regards.
  1. Load more activity