RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Earlier
  2. Importing excel

Hi Archana, I cannot duplicate the problem with our files. You are welcome to send your files and a description of the procedure that you perform to [email protected], and I will follow your description to reproduce the problem. Include the LDFX, DAT, and Excel files. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  3. Importing excel

Hello all, I had created a design template and corresponding data template initially which worked well while exporting and importing. However, I had to make some revisions to the design template that lead to changes in data too. So I exported the new data template in excel format. However, this excel sheet does not get imported, though i am still able to import the initial excel sheet. I tried creating the new data template directly from the design window as well as on my own. The excel sheet exported from either of them cannot be imported. Please tell me how to solve this issue. Regards Archana
  4. LNAPL and Aquifer surfaces

Hi Kahn, It looks like you are modeling the LNAPL surface floating on top of the groundwater surface. In areas where the LNAPL is absent, RockWorks searches the entire project area for data. To restrict the LNAPL surface to the area that has data, model it separately and specify a Max Distance filter in the Additional Options section of the Gridding Options menu. Another option is to use Polygon Clipping to clip the RwGrd file to the inside of a polygon. Create a Polygon Table with the XY coordinates of the polygon boundary, then choose the Utilities Grid | Filters | Polygon Clip menu to clip the LNAPL grid. You could also try a different modeling algorithm, such as Triangulation, that restricts the surface to the convex hull surrounding the data. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  5. LNAPL and Aquifer surfaces

I have one more issue I am trying to figure out. We want to show LNAPL overlaying the shallow aquifer so I created 2 "aquifers", one for product and one for groundwater. However, when I model the LNAPL aquifer it has holes where the aquifer pinches out (see image below), which makes sense for groundwater but not for product. Ideally, the product would appear more like bullseyes and not extend to the edge of the model area. Do you know of a way to address this? Thanks again for your help!
  6. Programming suggestion for striplogs

Hi David, Copying orientation data to the zero depth is useful for your data, but this procedure may introduce errors for other sources of orientation data. I will add your request for this option to the suggestion file. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  7. Programming suggestion for striplogs

I suggest that in the processing of orientation data, if there is no value at 0 depth, but there IS survey data starting deeper, that the default be to assign the next present azi and inclination to the interval starting at 0 depth. However, if there is NO orientation data at all, then keep the default case to be the assumption that the hole is vertical, as is now done. As often as not, when I am given orientation data, for drill holes in which there are data, the orientation was not entered for the 0 depth. It must be that Minesight and other commonly used programs do what I am suggesting. I typically only spot this after I start making sections and see the dogleg drillhole traces.
  8. Hi Kahn, Use the Aquifers | Model menu command in the Borehole Manager to plot the aquifers as surfaces. Save the RockPlot3D .Rw3D file, then append the Lithology fence diagram. You may want to turn off the sides and bases of each aquifer to make the diagram less cluttered. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  9. Good Afternoon, I have created a lithology fence diagram (see attached) and would like to show two aquifers as surfaces. Currently only one aquifer is appearing as a blue line on the fence diagram. I have 2 questions. First, I used the Plot Surface Profile function in the lithology fence diagram section to plot the first aquifer. Is there a way to show this as a surface and not just a line? Second, the other aquifer is not continuous and only shows the thickness in each individual well (yellow). I can't figure out how to use the Plot Surface Profile function to show both aquifers. Thanks for your help! Kat
  10. With the September 2019 update to RockWorks 17 and LogPlot 8, the Network versions now require version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. If you get this error, contact [email protected] to get the download link for the current version. The graphic below applies to RockWorks17, but the error occurs with both LogPlot8 and RockWorks17. Warning! Could not obtain network license from server for RockWorks17. Message The License server must be at least version 1.09, current version is 1.0x If you have any questions, contact [email protected] Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  11. With the September 2019 update to LogPlot 8 and RockWorks 17, the Network versions now require version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. If you get this error, contact [email protected] to get the download link for the current version. The graphic below applies to RockWorks17, but the error occurs with both LogPlot8 and RockWorks17. Warning! Could not obtain network license from server for LogPlot8. Message The License server must be at least version 1.09, current version is 1.0x If you have any questions, contact [email protected] Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  12. LogPlot8 2019.9.30

New versions of LogPlot8 (32-bit and 64-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today with the following changes: Bug Fix CrossPlot curves with no data caused an Argument Our of Range error. Updated Network License Requirements The LogPlot 8 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. You can also refer to the complete LogPlot revision list: https://www.rockware.com/rockworks/revisions/current_logplot_revisions.htm To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside LogPlot8. Or visit the LogPlot Free Trial tab (https://www.rockware.com/product/logplot/) where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT UNINSTALL first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before September 2019. If you would like to renew your maintenance, contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer) and either create a new account (new visitors) or log in with your existing account. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  13. New versions of RockWorks17 (64- and 32-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today, with the following changes: New Feature Layers in RockPlot2D can now be dragged. This does not effect the drawing order but does allow a different organization. Updated Network License Requirements The RockWorks 17 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of all changes in the program. To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks17. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before September 2019. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  14. Lithology Sections

Hi Katherine - you are most welcome! Glad it's working for you. Molly
  15. Lithology Sections

Thank you so much Molly! It worked easily. I appreciate your quick response. Katherine
  16. Lithology Sections

Hi Kahn, When you create your lithology model there are two filters in the Additional Options section of the modeling window which can be used to constrain the model to the elevation extents of the boreholes: Superface (which will null out nodes above the surface) and Subface (which will null out nodes below the surface). You can select a specific grid model to use for each of these filters, or choose "Automatic". Using Automatic settings, the Superface grid will be generated automatically by RockWorks based on the elevations at the borehole tops and the Subface grid based on borehole bases. Please refer to the small graphics in the Additional Options window for an example of how these filters work. Also, here is a help topic: https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/solid_model_options_surfaces.htm#lower Best regards, Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc.
  17. Lithology Sections

Hello, I am creating 2D cross sections from lithology models using RockWorks. Is it possible to set the bottom of the boreholes as the bottom of the cross section? For now it is using the bottom of the deepest borehole as the bottom of the section, which makes sense. I see that I can set the bottom to a certain elevation, but is there a way to have it vary across the section? Thank you for your help! Kat
  18. Could not open the Data Base

The field StratType._khfacdytr does not exist in your Stratigraphy Types table. In the "Borehole Manager" tab, go to the menu item "File" | "Check Database Integrity". This will sync the Data Dictionary and the database. If you do not want this new user-defined/optional field you can click on the "Stratigraphy" tab, then on "Stratigraphy Types". In the Type Editor dialog select "Edit" | "Edit Fields". Then in that dialog, "Optional Fields for StratType", click on the "_khfacdytr" field, then click on "Delete Field".
  19. Dear Team, Please see below attachedfile for your action.Previous rock works files also corrupted
  20. Striplogs in profiles...multiple bar charts

Hi David, I-Data values for different data types do not have to have the same "from-to" depths. They can cover any interval. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  21. On 2D profiles, I want to plot "I data" bar chart, Lithology and alteration intensity (1-6 scale) for each drill hole. I can'd load the alteration values as if they were another "I data" field because the to-from is different than the I data to-from. First I thought to load alteration as "stratigraphy" but the values are chaotic and repeat which is not allowed for Stratigraphy . If I load alteration as "T data" can I display it in addition to the "I data" bar chart?
  22. LogPlot8 2019.8.29

New versions of LogPlot8 (32-bit and 64-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today with the following changes: Bug Fix The Crossplot lines were being plotted as a full polygon. You can also refer to the complete LogPlot revision list: https://www.rockware.com/rockworks/revisions/current_logplot_revisions.htm To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside LogPlot8. Or visit the LogPlot Free Trial tab (https://www.rockware.com/product/logplot/) where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT UNINSTALL first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before August 2019. If you would like to renew your maintenance, contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer) and either create a new account (new visitors) or log in with your existing account. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  23. New versions of RockWorks17 (64- and 32-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today, with the following changes: New Feature Logarithmic histograms can have a constant bin size or a variable bin size that appear equal-sized when shown on the logarithmic scale Improvement When creating T-Data models, RockWorks will look for any T-Data intervals in which the Depth-to-Top is -9999 and the Depth-to-Base is -9999 and temporarily change these depths such that the Depth-to-Top is zero and the Depth-to-Base is the TD. Bug Fixes Transparency for RockPlot3D Groups was not being saved. The RockPlot3D Color Legends using tables weren't plotting all the labels. The Export of multiple tables (ASCII & Excel) works when there are comments for the Borehole. Eliminated an extra label for RockPlot3D Color Legends based on continuous tables. The global settings for the number of decimal places for meters and feet was used in reversed in some places (spec Project dimensions). RockWorks17 will now skip any borehole T-Data in which a null value has been imported for the sample date. In RockPlot2D pattern filled polygons that have a width or height of 0 in pixels weren't clipped correctly. The intermediate grids were not being saved when creating a Direct Color grid leading to a File Not Found error. Vertical Image Panels to XYZ wasn't scaling the Z coordinates correctly. The Vertical Panels to XYZ program using horizontal and vertical distance now correctly generates XYZ Color output. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of these changes since the last update. To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks17. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before August 2019. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  24. Importing DEM

Hi Katherine, Using UTM or State Plane is better than decimal degrees for vertical plot scaling, distance, area, and volume calculation. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  25. Importing DEM

Thank you Tom! Is there a reason that I don’t want to leave it in decimal degree? Is it better to use a UTM coordinate system? Thanks again for all of your help. Katherine
  26. Importing DEM

Hi Kat, Thanks for sending the files. DEM.txt has the format: ELEV_M <tab> LONG <tab> LAT Import this file into the RockWorks Utilities datasheet. Right-click on the gray column headers to define DEPTH as Z meters and LONG and LAT as X or Y Decimal Degrees. Convert the Lat/Long to your project coordinate system, e.g. UTM Zone 13 m. Scan the datasheet to change the project dimensions if needed. Use the Map | Grid-Based Map menu to make a RockWorks RwGrd file and 2D and 3D maps. PA_069418005_POINTGRID_ZOOM.txt has the format: OBJECTID <tab> pointid <tab> grid_code <tab> ELEV_FT <tab> ELEV_M <tab> LONG <tab> LAT Follow the instructions above to get a RockWorks RwGrd file. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  1. Load more activity