RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Cut Off Top of Cross-Section

Good day Tom, It is ok. I managed to get it done. Thank you M
  3. Earlier
  4. Cut Off Top of Cross-Section

Thank you for the swift response Tom, I tried that and it is still not working. What could be the problem?
  5. Cut Off Top of Cross-Section

Hi Malequinn, Use the option to Clip (Vertically Truncate) Diagram to clip to the specified elevation. . Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc.
  6. inquiry

Hi Aya, Use the Water Levels table for the data, and the Aquifers section of the 2D Striplog Designer to display water table data on a cross-section or profile. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  7. Cut Off Top of Cross-Section

Hi Tom, Please assist me in controlling the vertical axis for my elevation, ranging from 926-1004m.a.m.s.l but my plot diagram goes to just over 1500m.a.m.s.l Is there anywhere I can specify the min max of the axis Your support is highly appreciated M
  8. inquiry

How can I show the water table within the lithology section ??
  9. error

Hi Aya, To recap our email discussion: Your data were entered into the Lithology table as Elevations, but they should be entered as depths. Export to Excel to recalculate the depths, then import them back into RockWorks. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  10. Dear Kashiii, With the setting enabled to Interpolate Surfaces, RockWorks attempts to create a Stratigraphy grid for each formation listed in the Stratigraphy Types Table. The error indicates that at least one formation does not have three data points to create the grid. You can skip this formation by removing the check mark from the Show In Legend option in the Stratigraphy Types Table. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  11. error

OK
  12. I am using rockworks 16 and in that stratigraphy>projected Section of 4 wells but continuous having this error
  13. error

Hi Aya Abd, The error may be caused by setting a filter that excludes all your boreholes with Lithology data, but I can't tell what the problem is by the screen shot. You are welcome to send a project backup created with the Borehole Manager File | Backup Database command. Send the ZIP file to [email protected] Larger files may be uploaded to http://rockware.com/upload/ . Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  14. error

while creation lithology section i received error window content " the program require at least 1 data point", please look on attached error for more details.
  15. New versions of RockWorks17 (64- and 32-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today, with the following changes: Improvements The Pattern Designer now has margin between the left and bottom of the designer window. In the Pattern Designer the default size is now smaller for drawn dots and imported circles. Modified the way the Pattern Designer window is sized by adding a splitter bar. Bug Fixes The Lithology Multivariate Maps no longer omit the last lithology type. A routine to resegment polylines in RockPlot2D could cause an infinite loop if the line was very short. This could happen when converting to Google Earth where the output coordinates are in degrees Line widths in RockPlot2D exports are now scaled correctly. Exports from RockPlot2D that required tiling raster images was plotting the images incorrectly. Line widths in RockPlot2D items in ReportWorks diagrams were not being scaled according to the resolution. The Hydrographs run from the Borehole Manager Aquifer menu were using elevation instead of depths for the water level. The Show Label option for Color Table records in RockPlot3D weren't being saved. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of these changes since the last update. To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks17. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before April 2019. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  16. Extract Solid Volumetrics

I did, and thanks for the correction! Best
  17. Extract Solid Volumetrics

Hi Craig, The 0's come from your Pre-Excavation Ground Surface Grid BH Topo polycilpGrid.RwGrd. It looks like you replaced the area outside your polygon with zeros instead of the null value -1e27. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  18. Extract Solid Volumetrics

Tom I sent the requested files. Let me know your thoughts Thank you
  19. Extract Solid Volumetrics

Hi Craig SS, I cannot duplicate the problem using the Samples data. You are welcome to send a backup of your database with your ground surface and ore model to [email protected] and I will take a look. . Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  20. I am extracting a solid ore from modeled I data. Everything working well, extraction volume good, filtered ore by data range good, pit constraints as to depth and slope good. Boolean model respects the 2850 base constraint. However two issues with extraction 3D model: 1. the program base elevation is zero, rather than the model dimensions base to 2850. 2. the 3d diagram will not stretch Although I have the answer expected, the 3D drawing needs improvement. Using RW16 BTW. Thank you
  21. LogPlot8 2019.4.25

New versions of LogPlot8 (32-bit and 64-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today with the following changes: Enhancements Modified the way the Pattern Designer window is sized by adding a splitter bar. In the Pattern Designer the default size is now smaller for drawn dots and imported circles. The Pattern Designer now has margin between the left and bottom of the designer window. Bug Fixes Fixed a problem in the installer in the 2019.3.28 version, which was preventing LogPlot8 from launching w.hen installed on a new computer. Data Editor - File | Import | Excel (Multi-Sheet): "/*" characters from LP7 are translated to carriage returns Well Construction text and leader lines weren't being clipped correctly when using Custom Page length. Lithology Description comments (no base depth) weren't being plotted. The line width for vector symbols was not being adjusted for high resolution exports (PDF, Raster, etc.). Vector Symbols are now stretched to fit a specified interval. The Move Up option for the Lithology Descriptions no longer moves up descriptions more than necessary. For a complete list of recent changes, please visit: https://www.rockware.com/rockworks/revisions/current_logplot_revisions.htm To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside LogPlot8. Or visit the LogPlot Free Trial tab (https://www.rockware.com/product/logplot/) where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT UNINSTALL first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired. If you would like to renew your maintenance, contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer) and either create a new account (new visitors) or log in with your existing account. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  22. Hello to everyone ! I would like to model CO2 injection into high temperature and high pressure EGS reservoir. I know that by default, ECO2N has limitations on maximum allowed temperature throught simulation (103.04 deg. C). This is fixed in CO2TAB file. However, from what I've read this can be changed. Therefore, I would like to extend temperature range to approx. 200 deg. C. My questions are following: 1) How exactly does the structure of this file look like? I mean the full syntax. Knowing this, I think I would be able to create my own file. 2) What is the reference state (or which convention is used) for specific enthalpy calculation ? I can obtain very accurate results for the density and dynamic viscosity (using CoolProp), but I cannot reproduce values for specific enthalpy. 3) Even when I create my own CO2TAB file (with 2 values for temperature and pressure), Petrasim is creating it's own CO2TAB file (default range, 127x51 values for P and T, respectively) after starup of simulation. Do I need to use "clean" TOUGH2 to include "new" co2tab file? 4) Can anyone provide me co2tab3.f and rco2h files (+instruction for compiling) to create my own range for co2tab file ? Alternatively, can anyone create CO2TAB file with temperature up to 200 deg. C (pressure as default - 600 bar) and send it to my e-mail ([email protected])? Best regards, Maciej
  23. 3D resistivity Model

Hi, Right click on a column title (item #1) and a dialog box will appear (item #2). Select "X or Y Coordinate" (item #3) for the X column and then choose the coordinate system (item #4) that you're using for the resistivity points. Do the same for the Y column. For the Z coordinates, select the "Linear (Z) Dimensions" option (item #5) and the menu will change to show the linear units (e.g. Feet, Meters). Select the appropriate z-units. Now, the datasheet columns should show the units and you're ready to go. These coordinate designations will allow you to have data tables that are not in the same units as your project dimensions (item #6). For example, let's say that you've set your Project Dimensions up in UTM meters but your resistivity data is in State Plane footage coordinates. The program will automatically convert your resistivity coordinates to project coordinates (item #6). This is a big deal for clients who have different data sets in different units. It becomes especially useful when exporting to Google Earth, in which the program will automatically convert everything to longitude/latitude/meters (the only units that Google Earth imports via KMZ files). There's a video button (item #7) that will display a popup menu with four video links. Select the one labeled "Changing Datasheet Names & Column Types". This will launch a 2-minute video that describes all of this in more detail. You can also press the F1 key from within the datasheet editor and navigate to the datasheet documentation for non-video, textual instructions: file:///C:/ProgramData/RockWare/RockWorks17/WebHelp/introduction.htm Also, if you click on the Help button within the Column Parameters dialog you'll see that there are other things that you can do with the column types (e.g. density conversions, hyperlinks, etc.) Good luck and best regards, Jim Reed.
  24. To Rockware Support team, I am looking at using it to produce 3D resistivity model(s). I exported the XYZG file (attached) form the RES3DINV. When i try to produce the 3D block model on rockware, i constantly get the error with the following message: Units Must be Specified for XY column: X(2) and Y(3). I been toiling with this for days now and would like to send-off for advice. 3D block.txt
  25. Cannot install RockWorks 17 silently with SCCM

It looks like the installation works great unless you use SCCM. Others are able to use SCCM to install the software, so there is something unique about your setup that is causing the problem. I agree that manual installation sounds like the best workaround. If I hear of anything that may help with SCCM deployment, I will post it here. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  26. Cannot install RockWorks 17 silently with SCCM

Hi Tom, Yes, works perfectly. Tried running the installation script manually, but, got interrupted by an error message (see attached). I tried selecting the "retry" option, but the installation couldn't get past that error. Selecting "ignore" seems to move the installation forward without any other issues. I can run the software without issues. Aaaaaaand, just to complicate things further, I cannot access that log file because SCCM runs the installation as "SYSTEM" user, which does not create a local profile, therefore no files are created in the directory you mentioned. If you have any further ideas, I will definitely take them on board, however, at this stage because the time that this is taking I think I will be forced to arrange for manual installation for our affected computer labs. Thanks for your help...
  1. Load more activity