RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. LogPlot8 2020.2.26

New versions of LogPlot8 (32-bit and 64-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website yesterday with the following changes: Enhancement Allow users to plot a curve with only 1 data point. This is only effective if plotting curve symbols. Bug Fix The background color for Vertical Text was not being loaded correctly in the Log Designer. Updated Network License Requirements The LogPlot 8 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. You can also refer to the complete LogPlot revision list: https://www.rockware.com/rockworks/revisions/current_logplot_revisions.htm To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside LogPlot8. Or visit the LogPlot Free Trial tab (https://www.rockware.com/product/logplot/) where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT UNINSTALL first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before February 2020. If you would like to renew your maintenance, contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer) and either create a new account (new visitors) or log in with your existing account. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  3. New versions of RockWorks17 (64- and 32-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website yesterday, with the following changes: Bug Fixes The Min-Mid-Max color scheme was not grading between the Mid and Max colors.. The export to Multiple Tables would export the locations in borehole name order but the tables depending on the borehole (like Stratigraphy) would export sorted by the borehole id which may or may not be the same as the name order. The export will now export in borehole name order. Updated Network License Requirements The RockWorks 17 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of all changes in the program. To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks17. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before February 2020. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  4. Last week
  5. Striplog and hydrogeologic modeling

Hi Mirabel, RockWorks needs the following data in the Location table: unique Borehole Name, Easting, Northing, Elevation, and Total Depth. In the Lithology table, enter the Borehole Name, Depth1, Depth2, and Lithology unit. In the Lithology Types Table, enter the Lithology unit name, a unique numeric value for each unit, and the foreground pattern and background color. Specify unique background colors for 3D plotting. Here's a link to a video playlist that shows the videos in order. It shows how to mport data from Excel, and create striplogs. You could also type in the data manually in Borehole Manager. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  6. I am completely new to rockworks and YouTube tutorials seem in all begin in the middle of the whole process. I have lithology data and need to make strip-logs I have watched videos for 4 days now and still can't get it done. I am truly sorry but I need the ABC of the entire process. Which data to put into rockworks first, how? Thank you so much for your help. Sincerely
  7. Earlier
  8. Export Rockplot 2D view in ArcGIS

A model is displayed in RockPlot3D and when a view is exported to shape file format its in a 3D foprmat best viewed in ArcScene or ArcGis Pro. These shape files can be imported into ArcMap but will only show a plan view. Since shape files are primarily data files you'll need to use categorize them within the Arc products to get a similar view. You might also consider exporting and importing as DXF.
  9. I want export lithology model view to ESRI ArcGIS to make some changes in fonts, sizes and annotation, I am not getting, how can I do that ? I tried with export to ESRI shp but It didn't showing same view of lithology model
  10. Constraining stratigraphy model by surface RW17

Hi Vincent, To make a larger grid without smoothing, export the existing RwGrd to an XYZ file, then regrid with the new grid dimensions. Use the Closest Point gridding method and set the Max Distance to the grid node spacing. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  11. Constraining stratigraphy model by surface RW17

Hi Tom Thank you for the quick response. The latter question is already resolved. However, I am struggling to resize my ground surface grid to the project dimensions. The ground surface grid is smaller than my project dimensions. I found the Grid | Math | Resample tool to adjust the ground surface grid to my current project dimensions. I'd like to put the nodes outside of the ground surface equal to zero, but when I use this tool, it also adjusts nodes within the ground surface grid (i.e. by sector based or filter based). How do I avoid adjusting my original nodes in the ground surface grid? With kind regards Vincent
  12. Constraining stratigraphy model by surface RW17

Hi Vincent, When creating a Stratigraphy model in RockWorks 17, enable the Constraining Surface option and specify the ground surface RwGrd file. Both grids must have the same min max XY and same XY spacing. Specify the Truncation Type as Truncate Units Above Ground Surface. This option will truncate all units in the model. Turn off the option to Replace Top Surface with Ground Surface. Another method is to use the Utilities Grid | Filter | Limit menu to truncate one surface with the ground surface. I cannot tell what the vertical lines are in your graphic. You are welcome to send your Rw2D file with the section or profile to [email protected] It may also be helpful to see your menu settings, please include a backup of your project created with the Borehole Manager File | Backup Database menu command. Larger files may be uploaded to https://rockware.com/upload/ Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  13. Constraining stratigraphy model by surface RW17

Hi I'm having trouble to constrain my stratigraphy model (section) to a surface grid. More specifically, the top stratigraphic layer is limited to the surface grid, so that's fine. However, the surface also cuts the layer below the top stratigraphic layer in reality; but this is not showed in the model. The blue dashed line represents the surface. How do I constrain the green layer to this surface? I read somewhere in the RW17 guide that the constraining surface is only applied to the top stratigraphic layer, but this sure can't be how it's supposed to work, or am I misstaken? On a completely different note, how do I get rid of the vertical lines in the middle of the image? Thanks in advance. Kind regards Vincent Verswijvel
  14. Google Red X

Chris, After discussing with one of our developers I believe the issue is the pound sign (#) that you have in your project name. For some reason Google Earth does not like that, but after we removed the pound sign from the project name it exported to Google Earth without any issues.
  15. Google Red X

Good morning Chris, Thank you very much for sending over the backup of your database. I am getting the same red X as you when I try to export your data into Google Earth. We believe the issue may be stemming from google earth itself as it appears to be having some outage issues at this time. I will monitor the issue and try again later today to see if it is corrected.
  16. Google Red X

Transferring BH Map to Google earth results in Red X. Transferring via Google Earth Simple or Advanced tools results in perfect data. Attached is the latest backup. I must be missing something and would appreciate guidance. Thank you Craig Smith Walker Williams SW #3200207.zip
  17. Logplot feature request

Hi haga2000, Great idea to name and number the LogView tabs. I'll add your request to the suggestion file. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  18. compiling multiple logs next to each other

Hi haga2000, LogPlot is not designed to show multiple logs on the same page. I recommend the RockWorks software for this task. RockWorks can create cross-sections, and profiles from multiple logs. It can import LogPlot data files. Download a free trial version of RockWorks to test these features with your data. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  19. Logplot feature request

when compiling logs particularely when proof reading and editing, one need to make a lot of logs each log is displayed as "view untitled". Thus a nmber of logs will have the same view name. I request the following update: Instead of displaying the log as "view untitled" it should be displayed as "view (data name)(n), where data name is = to the name of data set and n is a number that increase with one for each version of the log that is created.
  20. I have a set of simple logs, each with one lithology and one set of point data, the length varies their legend is common. I need to put these next to each other on one page. this should be easy, but not well documented in any instructions.
  21. LogPlot8 2020.1.29

New versions of LogPlot8 (32-bit and 64-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website yesterday with the following changes: Bug Fix The setting for the footer of the last page wasn't being used when compiled for Page output. The Horizontal Line was not honoring the default setting for wavy lines or user specified wavy lines. Updated Network License Requirements The LogPlot 8 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. You can also refer to the complete LogPlot revision list: https://www.rockware.com/rockworks/revisions/current_logplot_revisions.htm To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside LogPlot8. Or visit the LogPlot Free Trial tab (https://www.rockware.com/product/logplot/) where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT UNINSTALL first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before January 2020. If you would like to renew your maintenance, contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer) and either create a new account (new visitors) or log in with your existing account. Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  22. New versions of RockWorks17 (64- and 32-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today, with the following changes: Bug Fixes Eliminated the Access Violation error when dragging a RockPlot3D View node in the scene's data tree. Also improved the positioning when dropping a View node. Programs that required appending multiple 2D diagrams (e.g. Profiles with Location Maps) weren't updating the header correctly so the initial plot extents were wrong. Updated Network License Requirements The RockWorks 17 Network license requires version 1.09 or higher of the RockWare License Manager. Contact [email protected] for a link to the the latest version. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of all changes in the program. To download this build, use the Help | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks17. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/#tab-product_inquire_form_1494_tab where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before January 2020. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Bon app├ętit! Molly Mayfield RockWare Inc
  23. If all of these variables do not need to vary, then the "Fixed State" option would work fine. If you need to vary the temperature or pressure of the boundary, then the very large volume option (either set to geometric cells or an extra cell) would be more appropriate. This way, you could add large amounts of water or heat to the cells to force fluctuations in temperature or pressure. There is a discussion of time-varying boundaries in the PetraSim manual.
  24. If you do a literature search for TOUGHREACT and Clay Swelling, a few articles do pop up on Google. Many of them seem to be by the TOUGHREACT authors at LBL, so you may want to contact them to see if they have any tips on how the simulated the swelling of the clay minerals.
  25. Hi JuDi, I would next check how the downhole survey data are entered into the Orientation table for Well #3. Be sure it is using the same inclination format as the other wells. RockWorks accepts three different well survey formats, but all holes need to use the same format. See this help topic for information: https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/data_bh_orientation.htm Also, if you are using the Striplogs | 2D | Single Log program to plot the logs individually, there are a number of settings which will affect how a deviated well will plot: 1) View Direction: Represents the direction toward which the log should be viewed. If your hole deviates toward the north, for example, and you enter 0 for the view direction, you will get a head-on view of the log, rather than a sideways view with View Direction = 90. 2) Plot Vertical: Will force an inclined or deviated well to display as vertical in the log diagram. 3) Use True Vertical Depth: Will scale the log vertically using TVD rather than measured depth. 4) Unwind: Will plot a deviated well unwound toward the right. See this help topic for more information: https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/striplog_single.htm If you are displaying the logs in cross section with other logs, the display will depend on the type of diagram you are generating. Profiles always display logs projected onto the slice plane with survey orientation honored. Sections always display logs as vertical (with TVD as an option) at panel edges. Projected Sections project logs vertically onto the slice planes. Contact us by email if you are able to send us your data for review. Best regards, Molly
  26. Hi Molly, I am working with Wenli on the same database. I checked 1) and 2). Looks all fine. It is weird, because the logs are plotted for other wells, only one is showing the data in one spot, see well 3. in the image: As Wenli states, the issue only shows when checking 'use true vertical depth' I also recalculated the xyz values for that log in question again. Any other hint what to check?
  27. Thanks Molly for your guide. I just figure it out the if I don't click the true vertical depth when choosing the vertical display, then it shows all the depth.
  1. Load more activity