RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Last week
  2. Hi Molly Thank you for the detailed answer. I tried exporting to excel, changing the new data and re-importing the values with succes. Kind regards Vincent Verswijvel
  3. New versions of LogPlot8 (32-bit and 64-bit) were uploaded to the RockWare website today with the following changes: Improvements Logplot8 can now import Logplot7 files containing Unicode characters. The number of decimals for all of the values on the BH Info page have been increased to 9 with trailing zeros removed. A macro for Collar Elevation, #c, was added to the static text element. Bug Fixes The PCloud Connect import now connects to the PCloud module if available. The Histogram (Bar Graph) display now truncates values less than t
  4. A new version of RockWorks2020 was uploaded to the RockWare website today, with many new features, improvements, and bug fixes. The RockWorks Revision History has a complete list, by date, of all changes in the program. New Features The new ModOps | Volume | Time-Based Mass creates a report that lists the change in mass of a contaminant over time, based on a list of solids that represent geochemical models for discrete time intervals. A new option titled "Polygon" has been added to the gridding options menus. This new tool can be used to crop grid models
  5. Earlier
  6. What is the website to submit the file? I thought this was the forum to do that.
  7. Sorry I haven't responded sooner, Molly. I am currently using RW20 9.3. We use windows meta files to load our cross sections into Adobe illustrator. Raster images are harder to work with in that program. I do view the wmf output file in paint but even when I send it to someone using illustrator, it still looks cut off. I'll send my 2D file to support. Thanks!
  8. Hi Vincent, Thank you for your inquiry. The key here is what data can be updated if the borehole already exists. From the help: ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Important notes about the Borehole Manager | File | Import | XLS | Multiple Tables importer: The Excel import tool can append to existing borehole records IF you are importing (a) new tables, (b) new tracks of multi-track tables (e.g. I-Data or T-Data), or (c) new dates for time-specific multi-track tables (e.g. T-Data). This means that data being imported that references existing borehole names can be
  9. I've recently stumbled on problems concerning the import of I-text followed by a problem with the export. Often, I have to update a certain field of the I-text, 'Geologische formatie' in this example. Usually, I import it as an excel with multiple tables. I always choose the 'update' function in the Borehole Overwrite Options. This has always worked for me, untill now. The problem is, that sometimes, RW doesn't recognize an interval that is already present in RW and is given in the excel, wich ends up in RW making doubles of the same interval (see example below). A
  10. Thank you for your reply, Alison. I try not to use this option.
  11. The "white space as zeros" option will not work with most versions of TOUGH, including those packaged with the PetraSim interface. This is because TOUGH element names are made of 3 characters and two numbers. For the number part, "04" is written as " 4" in a TOUGH and TOUGHREACT output files, so they are normally excluded from the input file created by the interface. Unless you are using a different simulator (for example iTOUGH2), you should disable this option.
  12. Dear Sir or Madam Hello, everyone. I'm a user of petrasim I got the error when I use the element names option "show white space as zeros" I consider the option only applies flow.inp and solute.inp. It doesn't affect MESH and INCON files because these files are made by tough executable. So, I think this option makes inconsistency of element names between solute.inp and MESH(or INCON) files. Is there any way to solve this problem? petrasim version 2020.1.0108 x64 TOUGH REACT ver1.2 EOS1
  13. If your data are collected by linear scanning, you may be able to use the scan number as the Y, the index of each point in each scan as the X, and the deformation as the "Z" value to make a "flat" gridded surface, then calculate the deformation along the surface of the tunnel. This method requires that the data are listed in the order of recording or collection. The time index may also be used instead. To visualize this method, imagine draping a tarp over the top of the data points, getting a copy of the deformation value at each point, then laying the tarp on a flat surface.
  14. You may be able to filter the data by elevation to create a grid of the top data. Next split the sides data by X coordinate running through the center of the tunnel. Grid the sides as if they were horizontal by switching the Y and Z coordinates. The side tunnels at the front may have to be split further. Regards, Tom B
  15. Thanks for your answer. XYZ plotting works, and looks fine. But for my project I need gradient maps of surface and I didn't find any way to get that. I have problem with dividing data for griding. Griding of vertical parts doesn't work well ( it follows from griding method).
  16. It is my understanding that the diffusion coefficient for all aqueous species is assumed to the be the same in TOUGHREACT. You might contact the TOUGHREACT authors at LBL to see if they have any ideas or planned developments on how to deal with this limitation.
  17. As far as I know, only one solute diffusion coefficient can be set for the whole model,which is not practical. Then how to set the diffusion coefficient of different solutes in different soil layer in toughreact?
  18. Hi Msmisitel, I suggest plotting the XYZ points with the RockWorks 2020 with the Utilities 3D | Points menu command. Use the G value in the Style | Advanced | Size & Color | Color | Proportional menu to set the color of the point proportional to the G value. A gridded surface created with triangulation or other methods probably won't work because it requires a single Z value at each XY location. You may be able to grid the top and bottom of the tunnel separately if you can split the data set. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  19. Hello, I have question. Is there some option to import tunnel shape as a point cloud to project? I use Rockworks 20 for my project. I have large pointcloud of tunnel with parameters X,Y,Z,G = deformation. I want to get informations about deformation to project with shape of the tunnel. I thought that I can use triangulation surface, LIDAR - triangle mesh, or LIDAR ASCII grid, but i seems that isn't correct way. Could somebody help me?
  20. Hi Tom, i tried it and it helped me a lot. Thanks for the quick reply !.
  21. Hi Nicooh, Here are a few general tips to help resolve the problem. For more specific advice, backup your project with the File | Backup Database menu and send us the ZIP file. Check your boreholes to make sure you have formations listed down to the total depth of the borehole. Use the Strat Picker in the Striplogs menu to add missing formations. Increase the grid cell spacing in the project dimensions for a higher resolution grid. Turn on the option for High Fidelity to make sure your Stratigraphy model honors your data. Turn off the options for Smo
  22. Hi all, I am working on a project and i had problem modeling some section on RW 16, i could not solve it. I need the model reach to the maximum depth of each borehole, because i am modeling a geographic fault, however i get this (attached ). I am using the inverse distance on the gridding options. I hope someone can help me, thank you. PS: sorry for my bad english, i am workin on it.
  23. Did you know that you can use optional fields in the RockWorks Borehole Manager Database, along with SQL statements, to easily enable groups of boreholes within a project? Check our RockWare's latest blog post - Using Optional Fields and Playlists to Enabled Borehole Groups in RockWorks 2020. Molly RockWare Inc.
  24. It builds the model first and then truncates it, so I don't anticipate you having any problems with the collar elevations not matching the DEM.
  25. I am thinking that it will work better with a smaller number of higher quality points, and including structural data with them. If I put in points along a contact, and constrain the model with the ground surface, will I run into problems if there are small differences in the collar elevation and interpolated ground surface? I m worried that the model might truncate the interval of the borehole that includes the contact, and therefore not see the contact. Or does it build the model first and then clip to the ground surface?
  26. My guess is that tens of thousands of points would be overkill. I would start with a smaller dataset and build up from that. Maybe increase the number of points to 8000 to see how it works first?
  27. I have just run a test with a handful of contacts converted to points/psuedo boreholes, which added about 800 points. Am I going to run into problems if I end up adding tens of thousand such points?
  1. Load more activity