RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. If all of these variables do not need to vary, then the "Fixed State" option would work fine. If you need to vary the temperature or pressure of the boundary, then the very large volume option (either set to geometric cells or an extra cell) would be more appropriate. This way, you could add large amounts of water or heat to the cells to force fluctuations in temperature or pressure. There is a discussion of time-varying boundaries in the PetraSim manual.
  3. If you do a literature search for TOUGHREACT and Clay Swelling, a few articles do pop up on Google. Many of them seem to be by the TOUGHREACT authors at LBL, so you may want to contact them to see if they have any tips on how the simulated the swelling of the clay minerals.
  4. Hi JuDi, I would next check how the downhole survey data are entered into the Orientation table for Well #3. Be sure it is using the same inclination format as the other wells. RockWorks accepts three different well survey formats, but all holes need to use the same format. See this help topic for information: https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/data_bh_orientation.htm Also, if you are using the Striplogs | 2D | Single Log program to plot the logs individually, there are a number of settings which will affect how a deviated well will plot: 1) View Direction: Represents the direction toward which the log should be viewed. If your hole deviates toward the north, for example, and you enter 0 for the view direction, you will get a head-on view of the log, rather than a sideways view with View Direction = 90. 2) Plot Vertical: Will force an inclined or deviated well to display as vertical in the log diagram. 3) Use True Vertical Depth: Will scale the log vertically using TVD rather than measured depth. 4) Unwind: Will plot a deviated well unwound toward the right. See this help topic for more information: https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/striplog_single.htm If you are displaying the logs in cross section with other logs, the display will depend on the type of diagram you are generating. Profiles always display logs projected onto the slice plane with survey orientation honored. Sections always display logs as vertical (with TVD as an option) at panel edges. Projected Sections project logs vertically onto the slice planes. Contact us by email if you are able to send us your data for review. Best regards, Molly
  5. Hi Molly, I am working with Wenli on the same database. I checked 1) and 2). Looks all fine. It is weird, because the logs are plotted for other wells, only one is showing the data in one spot, see well 3. in the image: As Wenli states, the issue only shows when checking 'use true vertical depth' I also recalculated the xyz values for that log in question again. Any other hint what to check?
  6. Thanks Molly for your guide. I just figure it out the if I don't click the true vertical depth when choosing the vertical display, then it shows all the depth.
  7. Hi Wenli, Thanks for your posting. 1. Be sure you do not have the "Clip" option checked in the 2D Striplog options window. 2. Be sure that the TD for the borehole (Location table) is not shallower than the extents of the actual data. If you have multiple holes for which this is an issue, there is an "Adjust Total Depths" option in the Borehole Manager's Edit menu which can automatically push TD's to the depth extents of the data in bulk. See this help link for a discussion. If these do not solve the log clipping problem, it would be helpful to see the data and program settings. Contact support at rockware.com for sending these to us. Best regards, Molly Mayfield
  8. I tried to plot the logs for one single well using striplog, but the deeper depth can not show on the plot, it only shows the shallower depth. I cannot find the option to adjust the depth interval to display. Any suggestions?
  9. Setting a custom projection

Hi Edward, Use the latest version of RockWorks to get this feature. Old versions did not have this feature. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  10. In my conceptual model, geochemical reaction will produce some clay minerals, and then the clay minerals swelling will clog or block porosity in the reservoir . so, I am not sure if Petrasim can simulate this process?
  11. Earlier
  12. There are three ways to set a constant boundary in Petrasim, First, set the boundary cells to fixed state; Second, set the boundary cells to 1E50 or more Third, set an extra cell which has large or very large volume, and then connect the extra cell to boundary cell. Actually, I am a beginner for Petrasim, so I am not sure whether these three ways are right. Please let me know if I make mistake, THANKS! My question is that there is a large lake, and my model domain is the bottom of the lake, so what type should I use when I set the top boundary? I focus on pressure, saturation and temperature, I do not know what type boundary is more appropriately. Thank you very much!
  13. wa, Tom Thanks a lot I will try to convert it by gwb. I am doing some model by gwb.. Thansk again. Xiao
  14. Project Datum - NAD 27

He's probably using an older version. He needs to download the latest version.
  15. Project Datum - NAD 27

Hi, I am using Rockworks 17 Advanced and can select the "other" coordinates for custom projection without any problem. The issue is that one of my coworkers is also using Rockworks 17 Advanced and he the tab for "other" does not come up on his computer (he can only see the options of Local, SPC and UTM). What may be causing this?
  16. Setting a custom projection

I use Rockworks 17 Advanced. I can create custom projections but a co-worker that also uses Rockworks 17 advanced cannot. What might be causing this?
  17. Isotherms

I think the answer to your question is yes, but you may need to provide an example to confirm. When viewing model results in 3D, there is an option to turn on isosurfaces. These basically connect points of equal pressure and temperature. PetraSim does not create 2D contour maps. If you need to create lines of equal pressure or temperature (say, from a slice of a model), you would probably want to export results to another program such as RockWorks, Surfer or TecPlot.
  18. Isotherms

Hi, everyone. I want to know if is possible to represent the isotherms and isobares in a model. If is possible, can anyone help me, please. Thank you.
  19. Geophisical data

Good afternoon Laure, Thank you very much for your question regarding bringing in your geophysical data into RockWorks17. What format is your geophysical data in by chance? If it is formatted in X/Y/Z/G data then you should be able to bring it into the datasheet. If you would like to send us your data at [email protected] we would be happy to take a look at it and potentially come up with other options of bringing the data in as well.
  20. Hello: You can manually titrate gases into solution using a program such as PHREEQC or The Geochemist's Workbench via reaction path model. This should calculate your dissolved concentrations. Hope this helps, Tom
  21. Geophisical data

Hi everybody I would like to integrate geophysical data into my model. Has anyone done this? I would like to integrate refractive seismic and electrical tomography. Is it possible to do this without doing image integration? Thank you very much Laure
  22. Strip Log I Data text Display

Appreciate the solution, I simply missed it. Thanks Tom
  23. Strip Log I Data text Display

Hi Craig, Both I-Data #1 and I-Data #2 are both set to Brightness under the Track option. Change one to Density to resolve the problem. Regards, Tom B RockWare Inc
  24. Strip Log I Data text Display

Hi Forum Appreciate solution ideas: Strip Log designer for two quality parameters [brightness and density] is placing brightness text number into both quality columns. Have confirmed I text check, order and visible under interval columns. I am missing something to correct this programing fault. Thanks for insight. Walker Williams SW #3200111.zip
  25. We are not able to duplicate this problem with one of our files, so we would need to see your SIM file to determine what is going on. We also need to know which version of PetraSim you are running. Best Regards, Alison
  26. I exported permeability vlaues from Plot Line, they should 1E-12, 1E-13 1E-15 However, All of these are Zero. How to solve this problem? Permeabi. 0 0 0 0
  27. OH, can I calculate them by myself ? CO2, H2S and H2 consist of mixed gases. They are injected into my model. I can get them CO2(g), H2S(g), and H2(g), so can I calculate by some method to convert them to aqueous?
  1. Load more activity