RockWare Support Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. For some reason, I'm not able to add an image. so here is the text that you can copy and paste into the OUTPU block: OUTPU----1----*----2----*----3----*----4----*----5----*----6 PETRASIM 4 SET 1 SET 2 ABSOLUTE 0 RELATIVE 0
  3. Prince, I am not sure that TOUGH3 is designed to output either of these parameters. I am about to output Absolute Permeability (which take into account the PMX value) and Relative Permeability using the OUTPU block displayed in the attached image. I would suggest that you contact LBL to see if its possible to output these other two parameters. Best Regards, Alison
  4. Hello, I am working on TOUGH3 (ECO2N) using PetraSim to solve the injection of CO2 in Heterogeneous model, and I want to print k-red (permeability reduction) and PER_MOD (permeability modifier) in output file. Earlier, I used TOUGH2 using PetraSim, which able to print both parameters (k-red & PER_MOD) on its default setting. Now I am shifting to TOUGH3 using PetraSim. I enabled the OUTPU tab and Its on default settings. But its not printing k-red & PER_MOD. I tried some modifications as suggested on internet by some users. But I am not getting correct solution. Thanking You
  5. Earlier
  6. Hi Norihiro, Could you please send me your SIM File? I am not sure what this is, but think I can help after taking a look at the file and determining what simulator and output settings you are using. Best Regards, Alison alison@rockware.com
  7. Hi, I see "X per m^2", "Y per m^2", and "Z per m^2" are in a list of vector values in 3D Result view in PetraSim. I tried but failed to find explanation for these values in PetraSim and TOUGH manuals. It would be helpful if anyone can explain me or give me a hint to find out their meaning. Thank you in advance, Norihiro
  8. That is what I was looking for, thank you!
  9. Thanks for the update on this. It unfortunately seems that you may need to select these manually. If it would be appropriate for them to all be assigned the same material type, then this is a cell parameter that is selectable (right click on the material and choose "Select Visible Cells". Also, as you've found, if you assign a name to selected cells, they are listed under Named/Print cells. These are not "groupable", but you can selected multiple cells at once by holding down the Shift or Ctrl keys. I will pass your suggestions over to our programming team.
  10. Dear Alison, Thank you for your response. I attempted to follow your instructions, but unfortunately, it did not yield the desired outcome. Several cells remain selected on the top of the internal boundary, and not just the upper one. Additionally, I considered utilizing the Statistics feature to input a list of elements (copy paste) associated with known IDs (since I can easily access the list of active elements, and thus only the upper ones). However, it appears that the Statistics function only allows for the input of one element at a time, which is rather inconvenient. I would greatly appreciate any solutions for future releases to enhance the flexibility of element selection. Select upper active element of an internal boundary Group to store Named cells Statistics with several input at once (copy paste a list) Best regards
  11. I think that you also might be trying to find these fields in the Borehole Manager, as they are hidden by default. In the Stratigraphy table, you can click the "Tab Manager" button to expose these. With the Stratigraphy table highlighted, click "Edit Fields". You can then check on the Dip and Dip Direction fields for the Top and Base contacts.
  12. If you continue to run in to issues please feel free to send us your data at tech@rockware.com and we would be happy to take a look at it as well.
  13. Good morning, When running the tool ModOps | Grid | Create | XYZ & Dips -> Grid please ensure that under the Data Columns tab you have selected each column. If one of those values is not selected correctly it could cause the error message you have mentioned. Another item to check on would be to confirm that your Grid & Block Model Dimensions are updated to match the data within the RockWorks datasheet. If they are not you can set up the Dimensions but selecting the Dimensions tab | Scan | Datasheet -> Dimensions.
  14. I want to use the Dip interpolation as in this video, but I do not find where to input the strike and dip data in the borehole manager. Also when trying to make a dip interpolation from the datasheet, I get the "This program requires at least 1 data points" error, despite having multiple points. How exactly should I use the Dip interpolation?
  15. An updated version of LogPlot has been loaded to the RockWare website! Bug Fix: The Fillbar data can now be loaded without issues which became apparent once we added the Munsell Colors to Lithology data. You can refer to the complete LogPlot revision list: https://www.rockware.com/support/logplot-support/logplot-revision-list/ To download this build visit the LogPlot Free Trial tab (https://www.rockware.com/product/logplot/) where you can download the installation program and install the new build. Note that the software will not be automatically licensed if your maintenance has expired before March 2024, and the software will be installed in trial mode. If you would like to renew your maintenance, contact RockWare Sales. Katy Duncan RockWare Inc
  16. A new version of RockWorks was uploaded to the RockWare website, with new features, improvements, and bug fixes. The RockWorks Revision History includes complete lists, by date, of all changes in the program. New Features: A new DEM importer has been added to the ModOps / Grid / Import menu. This program handles "generic" DEMs versus the "Legacy" importers that are hardwired to antiquated (pre-2008) USGS and Canadian formats. A new program titled “Soundings → Boolean Solid” has been added to the ModOps / Solid / Create pull-down menu. The RockPlot2D Circle item can now be drawn as a Circle, Square, Triangle, Diamond or Star. It has been renamed to "Shape". The Bubble map option in the Point Map program can now plot points as Circle, Square, Tringles, Diamonds or Stars. This feature has been renamed "Proportional Shapes". The Playlist shows comments in yellow without a check box. Improvements: Documentation added to ModOps / Grid / Import / GeoTiff menu. The RockWorks GeoTiff importer allows the user to select between one and four GeoTiff files. The ModOps / Volume / Extract Via Surface Excavation program no longer extends the pit outside of the lease boundary if the Add Benches option is enabled. The lithology and stratigraphy volumetric reports no longer include the "Undefined" volumetrics within the "Total" column calculations. The Plot Polygon from the Polygon Table dialog now offers an option to fill the polygon. A 'G Filter' has been added to the Borehole Map Proportional Shapes program. ReportWorks now updates the caption filename after selecting a 'Save As' command on an unmodified file. Bug Fixes: The Borehole Map no longer displays at maximum extent if no labels are plotted. Borehole Manager | File | Import | Excel | Row Based has been fixed. When importing Location data into an empty project, the import would complain about duplicate boreholes even though there were no duplicates and the information imported correctly. Users can reset the graphical items defaults in RockPlot2D. Key strokes (arrows) are now being recognized when using the Playlist and its Ingredient menus. The RockPlot2D Scalebar has an added option to adjust the ending value if the Scalebar is resized, as well as other improvements. The RockPlot3D Color Legend is plotting small values correctly when the order is set to descending. RockPlot2D colorfill contour bands now use the min/mid/max color scheme and adjust the minimum interval (if the interval count is odd) to avoid problems with the bands not matching the contour lines. If a required field (like Depth to Base in Lithology or a LithoType) is missing, the program will report it, but you can then hide successive warnings. This allows large imports to proceed without hitting 'Enter' to dismiss each warning. To download this build, use the Help | Updates | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/ where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before March 2024. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Katy Duncan RockWare Inc
  17. Thomas, This is a tricky problem because of the variable thickness of the elements in the Z direction. My only suggestion would be to right click on the internal boundary and click "Select Visible Cells". If this does not work with the current internal boundary, you might try creating one that is just below it to see if that works. If you continue to have problems, feel free to send us your SIM file and the TXT file used to create the internal boundary (to tech@rockware.com) and we'll experiment on our end. Best Regards, Alison
  18. Dear all, I am currently utilizing Petrasim 2022.1003. For some reasons, I am employing an internal boundary to delineate the topography of the model, and so far, it has been effective. I utilized the internal boundary with an xyz file "DEM_tough_export.txt" to deactivate several upper elements (region 03), leaving the active domain as region 01. I am seeking an efficient method to solely select the upper active elements of region 01, which represent the topography. This is essential as I intend to set boundary conditions specifically for these elements. My initial approach was to create another internal boundary using a DEM offset of -5 meters. However, due to variations in element Dz, this method proved ineffective. Could you suggest an alternative solution to address this issue? I attach the picture below Thank you very much for your help, Best regards, Thomas
  19. Further, is there a simple way to (iteratively...) "jackknife" the residuals by omitted a subset of boreholes and comparing the computed grid to the omitted elevations?
  20. Hello, I have ~290 boreholes with stratigraphic picks; 5 units. Some boreholes only have 1 unit; some have all 5 units. I've variously created solid strat models and top/bottom unit grids for selected units. What is the best way to compute residuals for the top/bottom stratigraphic elevations, from the boreholes relative to the computed model/grids? Ideally, I would have them in both tabular form (to review statistical distribution) and mapped to see spatial distribution. I can do this in Arc/Python, but I would prefer to reduce the switching between software when possible. Thanks!
  21. Hello, I have ~290 boreholes with stratigraphic picks; 5 strat units. Model area is 18,400 x 19,000 x 2,190 ft (XYZ, respectively); spacing is 500 x 500 x 10 ft. This is a reduced model size for quicker testing of variables and input data and will be expanded with a finer resolution once I've resolved the best approach. I also have a constraining surface of the DEM (same DEM that was used to compute the borehole elevations) and have a baseplate set to the lowermost unit. I have a surficial geologic map that I've converted into a raster/grid matching the project dimensions. For each surficial model cell without a "real" borehole and stratigraphic data, I've created a pseudo-borehole to represent the surficial geologic map. I set the borehole's location to the cell's centroid and set a stratigraphic interval of 0-10 ft to match the surficial map. The pseudo-boreholes are identified by a boolean field in the Location tab. [I alternately used (1) an interval of 0-unknown ft and (2) two intervals: 0-10 ft and 10-unknown. The three options don't seem to differ much in their results.] Conceptually, the inclusion of these pseudo-boreholes should result in a solid model (or layered model) that has a surface matching the surficial geologic map. Yet, I can't achieve the desired result. I've been tinkering with the modeling algorithm, modeling sequence, and other options, to no avail. Some are clearly more suitable than others, but none seem to generate a surface that truly matches expectations, even when hiding thin units in a layered model. The subsurface of my attempts still leaves something to be desired as well, but I have ideas for how to resolve that. What do you think the best approach would be for enforcing the surficial stratigraphy? I have to imagine that the inclusion of these data should be able to improve model results, but I'm struggling with the mechanism. In anticipation of the request to send the data for further investigation, I've also emailed the dataset (and this prompt) to the RW team. Thanks!
  22. Just a quick update, the tech support solved our problem. Thank you, Vale
  23. Thank you Alison, I'm going to contact the tech support. Best regards Vale
  24. PetraSim v2016 is an older program that is no longer supported. I do recall an error such as this popping up many years ago. If you could contact us at tech@rockware.com with your licensing details, we will try to help you resolve the problem. Best Regards, Alison
  25. Hello, We are experiencing a problem with Petrasim 2016. The software is not working anymore. When we launch the software, this error message appear: As soon as we click on the Error, the software closes. We understand this is a Java related problem, but we don't know how to manage it. Java software installed is the latest one: Java RE Version 8 Update 401 We need to use the software for an ongoing project. Any solutions? Best Regards, Vale
  26. A new version of RockWorks was uploaded to the RockWare website, with new features, improvements, and bug fixes. The RockWorks Revision History includes complete lists, by date, of all changes in the program. New Features: The Solid Modeling / Algorithm / Directional tab now contains four algorithms, two of which (Line and Polyline) are new. The line-biased modeling provides a tool for specifying the endpoints for a line that will be used to bias the modeling. The polyline-biased modeling provides a tool for specifying the vertices for a polyline that will be used to bias the modeling. The main form will now auto-adjust to fit within the desktop if the last-used location was outside the current desktop. This situation can occur when switching between multi-monitor and single-monitor systems. A new program called “GeoCylinders” has been added to the Utilities / 3-D sub-menu. This program is used to plot geologic units encountered within boreholes or measured as color-coded vertical cylinders. RockPlot2D now allows searching through block text and text by name allowing users to find Boreholes or Data Points by their labels. New Bouguer Anomaly program added that converts gravity observations to Bouguer Anomaly values for subsequent gridding in to Bouguer Anomaly contour maps. Improvements: RockWorks will always start on the form where it was last closed and adjust the size to fit in the active computer screen. When importing an LAS file, in the LAS File Import Wizard | Options for the required borehole data, we have added a input field for Collar Elevation. Using very large Cell Spacing in RockPlot2D Pattern Legends no longer causes an empty legend. Since users might mistake the Cell Spacing setting for cell height the value is automatically limited to 5% in the properties dialog and in existing Rw2D files. Improvements were made to the Data Integrity Check program; remove T-Data duplicates will now handle comparing dates and records with NULL date values, and show the correct T-Data Type (instead of an I-Data Type) . The Backup and Restore options within the Borehole Manager / File menu have been duplicated within the Project menu. The Licensing help dialog has been updated to include the Toolbox. Bug Fixes: Borehole Manager - File | Import | Excel/Text | Row-Based - "Replace" option now works as expected. Raster images exported from RockPlot3D to Google Earth are now visible. The ModOps / Solid / Create / 3 Grids -> Solid program now displays the correct Input/Output sub-menu. The ModOps / Volume / Extract via Surface Excavation program now correctly extrapolates the pit to the edges of the user-specified perimeter (if used). If all the comments in the Peripherals/Title Block are blank the comments section isn't plotted. The decimal places within the output from the ModOps / Solid / Export / Other Formats / ASCII XYZ program are now based on the values specified within the menu. To download this build, use the Help | Updates | Check for Updates menu inside RockWorks. Or visit our website and click on the RockWorks Free Trial tab: https://www.rockware.com/product/rockworks/ where you can download the installation program and install the new build right over the top of the existing program. (DO NOT uninstall first.) Note that you will not be able to use this new build of the program if your maintenance has expired before February 2024. Contact RockWare Sales or visit our Customer Portal (https://www.rockware.com/customer/) if you would like to update your maintenance. Katy Duncan RockWare Inc
  1. Load more activity