RockWare Support Forum
tballard

GS+ Support

I have had some issues with GS+ concerning printing and exporting scattergrams, however, their technical support seems to be non-existent. I've contacted them via email but was wondering if there is some other method that might be more effective. I've been trying for several weeks to get an answer/solution/work around from them with no luck.

My issue is that when I generate a scattergram plot from the variogram, it shows up just fine on the screen, however, when I print or export it, I either get a blank variogram or a cloud plot. I have not been able to predict which, but the blank variogram seems to be more common. I've tried changing what settings I can and have made sure I have the most current version, but with no luck. I am running the program on Windows XP Home - could that make a difference? I've not usually had any problems, although some technical software vendors say they do not support their programs on XP Home, only XP Professional. I've not really had any issues though.

Any help would be appreciated since it appears more and more likely that GammaDesign, the producer of GS+, is unlikely to provide support.

Hi tballard,

I can duplicate the problem when trying to print, export, or copy a 1d h-Scattergram created from the sample data set. The problem occurs when I use the right-click menu, the main menu, and the tools in the toolbar.

To work around the problem, you may want to use a screen capture program like CaptureWizPro or SnagIt to save the scattergram to a bitmap or copy to the clipboard.

I have contacted Gamma Design to let them know of the problem, and I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Tom Bresnahan

[email protected]

Thanks, Tom for verifying that it is not just me. I will follow your suggestions and hope that GammaDesign is more responsive to you than they have been to me.

Other than this issue, I find GS+ to be a good program.

Tom Ballard

Hi Tom,

The staff of GammaDesign have looked into the problem and have found a solution. They indicate that they have contacted you to let you know that they expect a new version in a day or two.

Thanks,

Tom Bresnahan

[email protected]