RockWare Support Forum

Shapefile rockworks

PiotrW

Hello,

I am having difficulty in coversion shapefile(ZM) to Esri Grid (lithology model, I-data or P-data model isosurface, 3d RockPlot export to shp) . I can open this shapefile in ArcView (I have Spatial Analyst, 3DAnalyst), but how can I convert this file to Esri grid?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Piotr

We do have an export from a RockWorks grid to an ESRI ASCII Grid format (Utilities/Grid/Export). You could take a solid model and extract a grid for each level and convert that to an ESRI ASCII Grid. You could write an RCL to automate this process.

The Iso-Surfaces and 3D Models don't have an equivalent structure in ArcGIS so we export the surfaces as a set of triangles (polygons) which can be classified for a nice graphical representation.

Mitch

We do have an export from a RockWorks grid to an ESRI ASCII Grid format (Utilities/Grid/Export). You could take a solid model and extract a grid for each level and convert that to an ESRI ASCII Grid. You could write an RCL to automate this process.

The Iso-Surfaces and 3D Models don't have an equivalent structure in ArcGIS so we export the surfaces as a set of triangles (polygons) which can be classified for a nice graphical representation.

Mitch

Mitch,

Thanks for your reply. I have to test it. In general, I have to analyse lithology and groundwater flow based on the lithology model - solid model (over 4700 boreholes) with over 40 lithology types. I try to use the Arc Hydro Groundwater tools (ArcView extension). Many thanks for Your help. Best regards.

Piotr