RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
abogdanov

Cross-section - depth range selection ?

Is there a way in RockWare 2004 to specify Z range for cross-section creation ?

As I could see by default it started from 0 depth - but what if my logs only exist in 2000 - 2500 m interval - could I use that depth range only ?

When creating a log-based diagram in RockWorks2004, there is a "Clip Logs" option that allows you to clip things based on Z Values. If you change this, you also might want to change the elevation for your Border to Automatic. You can do this by going to Perimeter Annotation --> Border --> Elevation Range (choose Automatic).

Alison,

Thanks a lot. It seems that I manage to get clip logs work (but it took me some time to get use to the way how this offset computed with respect of elevation reference) but right now I am facing another problem - I could select required depth interval - but what about vertical scale ? Is there a way to control it ? Based on screen dumps in help file there suppose to be a way - but all I've got just a very sqashed display...

Sorry if that's a simple question - I am new to RockWare...

When creating a log-based diagram in RockWorks2004, there is a "Clip Logs" option that allows you to clip things based on Z Values.  If you change this, you also might want to change the elevation for your Border to Automatic.  You can do this by going to Perimeter Annotation -->  Border -->  Elevation Range (choose Automatic).

The Perimeter Annotation heading in the Section Options window contains the settings that control the horizontal and vertical scale bars for your sections.

Expand the Elevation Range sub-heading, and choose Manual, entering the desired top and base elevation for the section annotation. You can also set the Intervals / Vertical sub-heading to Manual, entering the desired intervals for tick marks and elevation labels.

There is some editing capability in RockPlot2D, which can be helpful in tweaking the placement of this or that. You can activate the edit mode using the triangle-shaped button on the RockPlot2D toolbar, and clicking on the item to be edited. You can also use the Edit / Show/Hide Object Types option to turn on/off specific drawing items for easier editing access.

Finally, you can also generate your sections without any perimeter annotation items turned on, and then use the ReportWorks program to place the RKW section image and annotate it there with titles, scale bars, etc.

Molly

RockWare Inc.