RockWare Support Forum

sizing features on cross-sections

mgaud

I'm having a hard time making my cross-sections look consistent, because it's so cumbersome to specify sizes for fonts, widths of logs, etc. Are the sizes of things really calculated as a percentage of the study-area width, as I recall reading somewhere? If so, which width (N-S or E-W)? Are some sizes calculated as a percentage of page size?

I'm hoping someone can suggest an efficient way to keep the sizes consistent from section to section -- a size of 0.04 is too small in some instances, and too big in others.

Thanks for any help.

No I'm afraid that I have not found an easy way and just trial and error with each individual illustration. It seems to me that if they can alter the program to use standard measurements in mm/cm then a lot of time would not be wasted trying to get illustrations out.

martin

By default the font size is a percentage of the XYZ diagonal of the project area. You can change this to the XY Diagonal or manually specify a size in the Configuation / Preferences / Diagram Scaling.

The problem that you may be having is that your sections are a different length and therefore scaled differently on the screen. If you use a standard scale when priting your logs and text will all be the consistently sized.

If you're dealing with several different project areas at the same time you may want to use the User Defined project size to keep the sizes consistent.

Mitch

Mitch, your suggestions have helped me out a lot. Yes, I have several sections, of a variety of lengths. Here's how I am able to keep sizes of fonts and boring-log widths constant from cross-section to cross-section.

1) keep constant the sizes of fonts and log widths

2) vary the User-Defined Project Size and the Printing Scale together -- for example:

- For a long cross-section, I specified the User-Defined Project Size as 100, and the Printing Scale as 1 in. = 200 units

- For a short cross-section, approx. 1/4 as long as the long one, I specified the User-Defined Project Size as 25 and the Printing Scale as 1 in. = 50 units

-- Michael