RockWare Support Forum

Saving plot settings between projects

MarkR

I have a number of projects, which have varying requirements for strip-logs. It would be nice to have the settings for the plotting of the logs etc. to be saved with the project, so that when I go back to it after working on another project, I don't have to reset all the formatting. Is there a way to do this?

If you go to Options/Summary in the Borehole Designer you'll get our full tree menu for strip log settings. In this dialog you'll find Save and Load options under the file menu for storing the current settings.

You can find the 2D Striplog Layout tool by going to Striplog --> Single-log(2D), or by going to Striplog --> Multi-log Profile, Multi-log Section, Multi-log Plan View, etc, and then clicking on the "Adjust Striplog Settings" button.

Once you are in the striplog settings window, go to Options --> Summary, and then File --> Save. This will save an RCL file that can be reloaded later if you want to duplicate your current log settings.

Note that once the RCL file is saved, it should be dispalyed under RCL Files in the new Project Manager (this is only in RockWorks14). You can simply double click on it from the Project Manager to reset the log settings.

Let me know if you have quesitons about this.

Thanks,

Alison

• 3 months later...
You can find the 2D Striplog Layout tool by going to Striplog --> Single-log(2D), or by going to Striplog --> Multi-log Profile, Multi-log Section, Multi-log Plan View, etc, and then clicking on the "Adjust Striplog Settings" button.

Once you are in the striplog settings window, go to Options --> Summary, and then File --> Save. This will save an RCL file that can be reloaded later if you want to duplicate your current log settings.

Note that once the RCL file is saved, it should be dispalyed under RCL Files in the new Project Manager (this is only in RockWorks14). You can simply double click on it from the Project Manager to reset the log settings.

So, this does not work in Rockworks 2006?