RockWare Support Forum

Multiple Topo Surfaces

MarkR

Mark,

If you want to view more than once grid in the same RockPlot3D window, you can do this by following these steps:

1. Go go Grid --> Grid-based map, and select the grid that you would like to view (under "Use Existing Grid"). Choose to view the grid as a 3D diagram.

2. Once the RockPlot3D window has opened up, go to File --> Save, and save the r3dxml file.

3. Go to Grid --> Grid-base map, and create a view of the second GRD file.

4. In RockPlot3D, go to File --> Append, and select the r3dxml file created in Step 2.

This should combine the opened view with the appended view, and both grids should be listed in the data window on the left side of the screen.

I will add a suggestion to our wishlist for a way to automatically create a view of more than one grid.

Please let me know if you have questions about this.

Thanks,

Alison

Another quick way to view an existing grid model is using the Project Manager pane (in RockWorks14). Just double-click on the name of the GRD file, select the type of map you want (2D contours or 3D surface) and voila. In RockPlot3D, just save the views, and then use File / Append to append one view to the other.

Molly

RockWare Inc

What I am after is to be able to create 2-D sections (strip-logs) with multiple surface profiles automatically based on the picked line. I guess I could create each profile's section delete out the data I don't want and then add the picture together, but it would be nice to have the facility to have this automatically, like most mining packages do.

• 2 years later...

Has there been any advance on this in V15? I am again faced with needing to plot multiple surfaces on sections. I can do it the slow way, but was hoping after 3 years there would be something better?

Mark,

Unfortunately, the feature you are requesting was not added to RockWorks15. A quicker way to so this (rather than deleting data from one cross-section and appending it to another) would probably be to create the two cross-sections, select the profile trace that you are interested in, and copy and paste it from one cross-section to another.

I'll add the suggestions for multiple grid profiles to the wishlist for RockWorks16.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Alison

I can automate creating the multiple water surface profiles (with no other data) using RCL. So now I have up to eighteen rk6 files, which I want to combine into a single drawing, showing changes in water table over time, with different line colours and types to signify the dates.

Is there a way to append rk6 files using a macro/RCL?

Yes, this is possible. You can append one RK6 to another through the Graphix | 2D Utilities | Append menu item. I would recommend that you structure the RCL like this:

DEFINE: APPEND_2D HOST Profile 1.rk6

DEFINE: APPEND_2D APPENDAGE Profile 2.rk6

EXECUTE: append_2d

DEFINE: APPEND_2D APPENDAGE Profile 3.rk6

DEFINE: APPEND_2D APPENDAGE Profile 4.rk6

and so on.

At the end of the RCL, you'll have an RK6 file titled "Profile 1" that includes all of the profiles listed as "Appendages" in the RCL file.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

Alison