RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Palmer

entering p-data

this may be a newbie question, but when I click on the Points (p-data) tab, all I get is an undefined column. I can define that column, but then there is no column to enter the depth data. this is inconsistent with the help p-data information page.

suggestions?

thanks.

Guest Nicole Cordier

When you create a new, empty RockWorks project the program will automatically place an "undefined" column under the I-data and P-data tabs, as well as create an undefined stratigraphy and lithology type. The is just be default and serves as a placeholder. You can delete these by showing the column types (there is a button you can click on to view the P-data, I-data, Lithology, and Stratigraphy types within each data tab), right-clicking on the field you wish to delete and then selecting to delete the row.

Nicole Cordier

[email protected]

Hi John

Is there possibly a scroll bar down at the bottom of the window that will allow you to scroll to the far left so that the Depth column becomes visible? If not, this sounds like a bug.

If you are not using the latest build of RockWorks2006, you may simply need to download and install an update from our website. You can do this by going to Help --> Download --> RockWorks latest version.

If you continue to have problems, it might be best for you to contact us directly. Once we determine a fix, I'll be sure to post the fix to the discussion group so that others can reference it laster.

Regards,

Alison

[email protected]

John and I talked on the phone, and I'll recap our conversation for the forum.

Alison suggested that the data dictionary could have become corrupted, so we closed RockWorks2006, deleted the \System\ folder under the current project, and restarted RockWorks2006 to recreate the folder and the data dictionary. This worked on one of my test folders, but failed on John's project.

To work around the problem, we decided to export a working project to Excel, use the exported XLS file to see the sheets and columns needed in the Excel file, make corrections to the corrupted project, and import the changes back into RockWorks. However, it turned out that this procedure was unneeded. After opening a working project, then opening the corrupted project, the depth column reappeared on the Points (P-Data) tab.

TomB