RockWare Support Forum

How to utilize RockWorks with a Boring Log

jwripple

Basically, I have a ton of boring logs and the city I work for purchased RockWorks 2006, without anyone knowing how to use this software. I've kinda learned the basics of RockWorks, yet I am at point of what else to do with RockWorks with the Borings Logs. I have inputted the lithology and inputted things like moisture content, dry density etc. into the I-Data section, but can't really interpolate the data. Here is a picture of the boring log and I would appreciate greatly if you could give me some input on how to better use RockWorks. I am trying to make the best computer model I can create using these logs.

Ahhh... I guess this forum is having problems trying to upload pictures... Basically the Boring log looks like any other log, in which it includes: Depth, Samples, Blows, Pocket Penetrometer Comp. Strength, Description, Dry Density, Moisture Content, Atterberg Limits (Liquid and Plastic Limit %), unconfined shear strength and additional tests (GS). Help please.

Have you taken a look at the RockWorks webpage? If not, I would suggest that you take a look at the page under Features --> Data Types.

http://www.rockware.com/product/featureCat...&parent=355

It sounds like you could create models based on a few different things. I would recommend that you look at the example diagrams created with Lithology, I-Data and P-Data.

Once you've figured out what types of diagrams you'd like to try, I'd suggest that you run through the corresponding tutorial that comes with our help files. You can find these in the Help Files by going to Tutorials --> Borehole Manager Tutorials.

Regards,

Alison