RockWare Support Forum

Importing georeferenced air photos

Adam Pratt

Guest Tofer Lewis

ERMapper Compress Wavelets (.ecw) ? - Let me know if I am wrong on the format...

This is a unique format. RockWorks cannot import this. You need to convert the file to .DXF or 2D .SHP, or you can convert in to a raster image, but in the .ecw format, RockWorks cannot read it.

There is a program called Global Mapper on our website. This progam reads more formats then I can list, and it will read the .ecw format. You can use Global Mapper to convert to a RockWorks friendly format, but you may also want to check the program that first created the file...

Feel free to email me the file if you want me to test the Global Mapper output. The demo on our site should help as well...

Tofer (tofer@rockware.com)

ERMapper Compress Wavelets (.ecw) ? - Let me know if I am wrong on the format...

This is a unique format. RockWorks cannot import this. You need to convert the file to .DXF or 2D .SHP, or you can convert in to a raster image, but in the .ecw format, RockWorks cannot read it.

There is a program called Global Mapper on our website. This progam reads more formats then I can list, and it will read the .ecw format. You can use Global Mapper to convert to a RockWorks friendly format, but you may also want to check the program that first created the file...

Feel free to email me the file if you want me to test the Global Mapper output. The demo on our site should help as well...

Tofer (tofer@rockware.com)