RockWare Support Forum
tomasom

Hydrogeo Analyst

Good morning to everybody.

i'm a new user of this program...and i need some help..

Some know if it is possible to impost a new project in Gauss Boaga coordinates?

Thanks

Good morning to everybody.

i'm a new user of this program...and i need some help..

Some know if it is possible to impost a new project in Gauss Boaga coordinates?

Thanks

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to convert a known Section/Township/Range to an approximate lat/long. I'm aware its not a feature of the software, but how can I find a known place using that information?

Hi Koray,

There is a feature in RockWorks Utilities to convert range-township-section to long-lat. In RockWare Utilities, choose the Coords | Jeffersonian Points -> Cartesian menu command to perform the conversion.

First enter the data columns for Section, Township, Range, Meridian, Location (footage from section line or quarter-quarter section), Longitude, and Latitude.

The Meridian is the "BLM number" for the named meridian. e.g. Sixth Principle Meridian is 6, and the New Mexico Meridian is 23. To get the BLM number for the meridian, right-click on the RockWare Utilities datasheet column headers, change the Meridian column data type from Text to Meridian, then double-click on a cell in the Meridian column to display the meridian map. Move the cursor to the round "radio button" to view the meridian information, and click on the radio button to select it. The meridian number is added to the current cell.

Choose the Coords | Jeffersonian Points -> Cartesian menu command.

Specify the Input Columns for the Meridian, Range, Township, Section, and Location. Specify the Output Columns for UTM Easting and Northing (or Longitude and Latitude).

For the Land Grid Source, specify the RockWare LandBase (Binary) or a custom Land Grid Table. If you do not have the RockWare LandBase, cancel the operation and choose the Help | Downloads | RockWare LandBase option. Click on the "+" sign to the left of the Output (Coordinate) Options to specify the desired Projection (Datum), UTM Zone, Output Units in Decimal Degrees, Meters, or Feet, and any desired XY Offsets. Click Continue to perform the conversion.

TomB

[email protected]