RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
m.bates

correlating strip logs

I've just started using Rockworks 2004 and am having difficulty with the striplogs section. In Rockworks 2002 Striplogs - Hole to hole section allowed the option of correlating the strip logs. In the 2004 version it appears this option has been removed of am I just being dim.

thanks

martin

Hole to Hole Section is still there, its now named "Multi-Log Section" on the menu. As a matter of fact the option dialog is still title "Hole to Hole". You should also check out the

"Pick Contacts" option under Stratigraphy which allows you to graphically select your correlations.

Mitch

yes I see that but when I select it there is nothing on the drop down menu that allows me to turn the correlction on or off.

correlate

Hole to Hole Section is still there, its now named "Multi-Log Section" on the menu. As a matter of fact the option dialog is still title "Hole to Hole". You should also check out the

"Pick Contacts" option under Stratigraphy which allows you to graphically select your correlations.

Mitch

Oops, sorry about that. I thought you were trying to create new correlations.

Take a look at Stratigraphy / Section where you have the choice of using point to point or interpolated surface for the correlations.

Guest Tofer Lewis
yes I see that but when I select it there is nothing on the drop down menu that allows me to turn the correlction on or off.

correlate

Hi,

RW2002 and RW2004 are different in their striplogs, sections and profile options...A correlated set of striplogs, is the same thing as a stratigraphy section with the logs plotted. What you were doing in 2002 was creating a series of striplogs and then including the option to correlate the stratigraphy. In 2004, think of it from another direction, plot the stratigraphy first, and then include the log information...

Stratigraphy > Section > Straight - This is the same command that was used in 2002 from Striplogs > Correlate, just a different way...

If you sill cannot recreate the same logs in 2004 that you did in 2002, email me directly, I'll see what you have...

Tofer ([email protected])