RockWare Support Forum

Query inclination a stratigraphy tops

JuDi

Hi, I am wondering if there is an automatic way to query the inclination (and azimuth) of a borehole at the tops of the stratigraphy layers?

For know I run the 'Borehole Survey' and manually pick the location at the calculated depth. Would be nice if there is a way to do that for a bunch of boreholes automatically. Am I overseeing this command?

Any suggestions welcome,

thanks,
Julia

Hi Julia,

One thought would be to use the Striplogs | Surface-Borehole Intersections program to get a report of the XYZ location and depth of the intersection of all holes / enabled holes with a specific surface. Such as:

DH-12    482122.8    4399945.7    1742.13    23.0
DH-39    481906.3    4399996.82    1736.02    17.0

Then use the Striplogs | Borehole Survey program to calculate the XYZ locations downhole at your specified increments. Since this report also lists the bearing and inclination at those survey points, just locate the above intersection location from the survey report and extract the bearing and inclination listed there.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

Molly,

thanks. Right, that's what I am doing. So I understand correct, that I need to run Striplogs | Borehole Survey program one by one for each borehole and look the depth of intersection manually and grab the inclination from there.

Julia