RockWare Support Forum

Striplogs Showing unusual plots

Amirul

Hi, could I seek advice on the striplogs below? I have entered the data however when process the striplogs, it resulted in the below. Can anyone advice if this is because of the settings that I have input for the striplogs design?

image.png.257844fc0fadb0512eba344271d33290.png

Really appreciate if anyone could advice on this.

Hi Amirul,

The screenshot shows that you are displaying your logs in the stratigraphy picker, which is a program in RockWorks where you can interactively pick your stratigraphic tops and bases from data displayed in logs, for posting to the database. The screenshot also shows that your logs are set up to display curves representing data in the P-Data table.

Can you explain what data you were hoping to display in the logs?

Molly
RockWare Inc.

Firstly thank you molly for responding!

I did based on a GR log. So based on the figure I posted, the striplogs tends showing towards a straights curve and not the wiggles as posted example below.  Is there any settings that could be done to change the displayed logs to obtain some sort as the example posted below?

1108804253_WhatsAppImage2020-07-07at9_36_22AM.jpeg.b22f3336038313ad9b6f7c9aa53357bd.jpeg

You can turn off the fill in the 2D Log Design tab. Select the active P-Data column and go to Fill Options. You can also change the Scaling options and turn off G-Value Filters and Resampling if they're on. Aming the column wider may help as well.

Hi Mitch,

I did with what you advised, and I came out with the below result;

image.thumb.png.7ed97712ca7f06644362a4683f07c61d.png

The GR Curve only shows up at the bottom of the well log even without activating the G-value filters. The objective was to get the familiar pattern of the curve but having it fill from the top until the bottom of the well log. Could you assist me on this please?

Thank you.

If you don't want the fill turn it off. In this case for less busy curves you could turn on the Resample option using Weighted Average or Cubic Spline. This may be fairly slow if you have a lot of points.

Another option would be to Truncate the logs for a certain interval or increase the Vertical Exaggeration to spread the data vertically.