RockWare Support Forum

Borehole location map in 2020

David Young

Just downloaded, installed 2020.  Looking around I tried the borehole location map and wanted to check that I had brought over the proper files for making the topo.  When I click borehole location map it does not bring up the screen where I would be able to select to add traces, contours, change symbol size and text size, etc.  It jumps straight to making a map with no options offered.

Where did that go?

Hi David,

Are you clicking the QuickMap tab, which is next to the Borehole Data tab and gives a quick view of the borehole locations and project extents, or are you selecting the Maps | Borehole Map option from the upper menu ribbon? The latter should display a dialog with all of the map and contouring settings.

Molly M

RockWare Inc

OK!  I was clicking through on the Maps/Bore hole map with poor results yesterday, but today it works just fine.

Also yesterday the second choice in that menuu for "optional fields" would not open at all - some error message about first database field = -1 or similar, and it is opening and working fine  now also.  

Maybe all it needed was to have a good reboot or have a night to settle in.