RockWare Support Forum
Hai_Armies

EOS 3 initial condition

Dear colleagues,

Firstly, I simulated a suction probe in petra sim with EOS 1 but the results were not followed my expectation then I changed to EOS 3. As for EOS 3, I got a problem in simulating the initial condition of EOS 3 to simulate the suction probe in Petrasim. Can everyone know how to set it up and suggest me typical values for setting up the initial condition of EOS 3 as well as the model boundary? 
I so appreciate your help.

1.JPG

Because you are seeing this error at the beginning of the model run, it looks like you have poorly defined initial conditions.  I would suggest you look at the input file to get more information about the problem with data initialization.  If a different phase is evolving, (for example, if the water phase is evolving in a single phase system), you should try increasing the air mass fraction.  You could also switch to a 2 phase system with a very high gas saturation.

On 11/28/2019 at 2:55 AM, Alison said:

Because you are seeing this error at the beginning of the model run, it looks like you have poorly defined initial conditions.  I would suggest you look at the input file to get more information about the problem with data initialization.  If a different phase is evolving, (for example, if the water phase is evolving in a single phase system), you should try increasing the air mass fraction.  You could also switch to a 2 phase system with a very high gas saturation.

Dear Mr/Mrs Alison,

I thank you very much for your helpful and constructive answer with my appreciate.

Best regards,

La Duong Hai