RockWare Support Forum

Using Extra Cells to inject the mixed gases

XiaoMao

According to Alison's suggestion, I used the Extra Cells to inject a mixed gases which include CO2 and H2S.

In my model, the Extra Cell was set as followed :

image.png.e1a115e1d833aa9748d98f9343e7de7b.pngimage.png.85bdfb7376b49afb3957131b953781c9.png

no sources/sinks, and the pressure was set a little bit higher than connected cell, and the density of material was set 1E99.

Gas zone: CO2=120, H2S=120

However,  the results show that CO2 ranges from 9.72E-6 to 0.000913, and H2S ranges from 0 to 1.20E-24.

can anyone tell me how to get a more higher CO2 and H2S?

u

On 2019/11/27 at 4:44 PM, Alison said:

I think we would probably need to see your SIM file to comment on this.  Could this have something to do with the initial phase state of the extra cell?

Could you help me to modify my model to simulate a process that can inject NaCl and hot mixed gases from Extra Cells?

Thank you very much 

The SIM file you provided does not run.  It says that it is missing components related to the Co2 and H2S gases.  I am not able to help you set up your geochemical model.  However, I do see that the initial conditions for the extra cell in your model are set to single phase with an air mass fraction of 0.  This would simulate single phase water conditions.  If you change the air mass fraction to 1, it will simulate single phase gas conditions.  You should try changing this to 1 if you are trying to inject gas using the Extra Cell.

22 minutes ago, Alison said:

The SIM file you provided does not run.  It says that it is missing components related to the Co2 and H2S gases.  I am not able to help you set up your geochemical model.  However, I do see that the initial conditions for the extra cell in your model are set to single phase with an air mass fraction of 0.  This would simulate single phase water conditions.  If you change the air mass fraction to 1, it will simulate single phase gas conditions.  You should try changing this to 1 if you are trying to inject gas using the Extra Cell.

Yes

you are right

The model can run when I change the sg from 0 to 1.

but the DT will become 0.01 after run 10 days

do u know how to solve this problem?

by the way, can the air mass fraction be 0.5 when I want to inject mixed gases?