RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
XiaoMao

How to inject a mixture of gases which include CO2, Hot water steam, and H2S

I am trying to simulate a Hot spring system, actually it is a vapor-dominated system.

I would like to build a model that I can inject a hot mixture of gases from the bottom of model. This model is saturated cool groundwater.

And the hot gases can mix to cool groundwater, and then some chemical reaction will take place which can change the chemical composition of groundwater. The mixture of gases include CO2, water steam and H2S.

Now, I am using TOUGHREACT and EOS3. I am not sure whether it is correct.

I have built the model and used the Zone Data/Gas in TOUGHREACT, however, when I check the results, I only find gas in the injected cell, none of the other cells. I do not know why.

This is the INJECTION CELL

02.JPG.b07218403df686607a3dc1cd6341253e.JPG

These are other cells:

01.JPG.50b500e2ab73aa91a7f9010c4c8d6005.JPG

A gas injection zone option is not available in TOUGHREACT v1.2, which is the version included with PetraSim (it is included in TOUGHREACT v3.3, which is available through LBL, but it is not supported in PetraSim).  One way to get around this would be to attached an "extra cell" to the injection cell, which a very large volume and a short connection distance.  You can assign a gas zone to that cell that represents the gas components you want to inject into the model, and assign a higher pressure to the cell.  You can find more about Extra Cells in the PetraSim manual.

12 hours ago, Alison said:

A gas injection zone option is not available in TOUGHREACT v1.2, which is the version included with PetraSim (it is included in TOUGHREACT v3.3, which is available through LBL, but it is not supported in PetraSim).  One way to get around this would be to attached an "extra cell" to the injection cell, which a very large volume and a short connection distance.  You can assign a gas zone to that cell that represents the gas components you want to inject into the model, and assign a higher pressure to the cell.  You can find more about Extra Cells in the PetraSim manual.

Thanks

I am trying to use the EXTRA cells to implement.

I would post my results to share with you if I achieve it .