RockWare Support Forum
tvdw

Settings for stratigraphic modelling with locally filled river channel

Dear Tom,

I am modelling in Rockworks a stratigraphic model, but at certain locations there is an old river channel which is filled up locally. At those locations, it cuts through the surrounding layers and these layers are disappearing. At the moment it is modelled af if the layers bend underneath it, but I would like the layers to stop at the channel. I have added an image with the current output and the desired output. Is this possible by settings in the stratigraphic modelling options ? Or should it be done with polygon clipping? I don't have a polygon of the channel (I would be able to guess where it is situated). This occurs at more than one location.

I would love to hear from you and thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Example.thumb.png.dcaff7417cdecfa81ea8caaae288f568.png

Thaïsa

Hi tdvw,

You may be able to use the Triangulation gridding method to better represent discontinuities in the section. Note the pinchout of the blue unit below.

.LeadvillePinchoutTriangulation.png

Triangulation produces angular contours, so it is not the best choice for a contour map.

The Stratigraphy grids can be filtered with a polygon, but filtering may create gaps with adjacent formations.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc