RockWare Support Forum

I-Data Modeling

Earl

Hello 

I have been attempting to model Interval data that reflects desirable rock within an area I want to develop as a quarry. Unfortunately the formation I'm working in has highly variable rock quality. I have used all of the algorithms in RW. I have mainly used Anisotropic Algorithm with various settings to constrain it to the areas where I have data. I have stratigraphic rules in place and have tried re-sampling at intervals also but I cannot get RW to honor all of the data in the logs. I have attached my 3-D logs where larger "Red" disks represent my intervals desired in the rock mass. Can you give me some direction on where to take this, or recommend any other settings so I can create this solid model? Ultimately I am looking for a volume to be produced from the model. 

Thanks

Earl

3-D Borings.JPG

Thank you Tom

I was able to create more data points in my data set as well as increase the node density and I came up with a model that is acceptable. I still need to constrain the model to the topography. However when I choose the option to constrain the model to the surface grid, I get an error message that the grid must be the same size as the model. How can I sample the grid file to match the model? Or is there a simple way that the grid file can be clipped to the model so I can use the surface to constrain the top? 

Thanks

Earl

3-D Model.JPG