RockWare Support Forum
Earl

I-Data Modeling

Hello 

I have been attempting to model Interval data that reflects desirable rock within an area I want to develop as a quarry. Unfortunately the formation I'm working in has highly variable rock quality. I have used all of the algorithms in RW. I have mainly used Anisotropic Algorithm with various settings to constrain it to the areas where I have data. I have stratigraphic rules in place and have tried re-sampling at intervals also but I cannot get RW to honor all of the data in the logs. I have attached my 3-D logs where larger "Red" disks represent my intervals desired in the rock mass. Can you give me some direction on where to take this, or recommend any other settings so I can create this solid model? Ultimately I am looking for a volume to be produced from the model. 

Thanks

Earl

3-D Borings.JPG

Hi Earl,

Problems with making a model honor the data are typically caused by insufficient resolution in the model. Reduce the X, Y, and Z spacing of the model or increase the number of nodes for a higher resolution model.

Occasionally, other settings like Smoothing and Declustering can cause the model to not match the data. Turn off these items and run the model again.

If these procedures do not resolve the problem, you are welcome to backup the database with the Borehole Manager File | Backup Database command, and send [email protected] the ZIP file with an annotated graphic illustrating the problem and any other files needed to duplicate the problem.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Thank you Tom

I was able to create more data points in my data set as well as increase the node density and I came up with a model that is acceptable. I still need to constrain the model to the topography. However when I choose the option to constrain the model to the surface grid, I get an error message that the grid must be the same size as the model. How can I sample the grid file to match the model? Or is there a simple way that the grid file can be clipped to the model so I can use the surface to constrain the top? 

Thanks

Earl

3-D Model.JPG

Hi Earl,

• Modify an existing surface grid with the Utilities Grid | Math | Resample menu.
  • Create a new surface grid with the same spacing and extents as the model with the Borehole Manager Map | Borehole Locations menu.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc