RockWare Support Forum

Petrasim 2017 - could not load results

Vale

Hi,

I am experiencing this very strange behaviour of the software. I am currently running a steady state model. I need to compare simulation results (eg. temperature) with well data. I have created wells into the model, and in the print options I checked the "print time dependent..." option. At the moment the wells are "not active", since they don't have prodution data. At the end of my steady state simulation I cannot plot data related to the wells.

From Results > Well Plots > Could not load reasults. Results file not found

From 3D results > File > Line plot > I cannot plot cell values from wells (could not load results). The only option that is actually working is the "interpolate" along the well path.

Is this a bug of the software or something am I missing in the setup of the model?

EDIT: this is not working neither with my current model nor with all my previuos models, so I guess this is not stricly related to my current model, but with the software itself

Thanks in advance

Valentina

Valentina,

Well plots are used to plot mass accumulation in the cells that intersect a well.  So, if wells are inactive, you will not be able to view well plots in a SIM file.

There was a known bug in PetraSim v2017 where non-interpolated line plots (cell-based plots) were not plotting correctly, so this is likely what you are encountering.  This has been resolved in PetraSim v2018.

If you continue to have problems or have specific questions about your license status, feel free to contact me at alison @ rockware.com.

Best Regards,
Alison

16 hours ago, Alison said:

Valentina,

Well plots are used to plot mass accumulation in the cells that intersect a well.  So, if wells are inactive, you will not be able to view well plots in a SIM file.

There was a known bug in PetraSim v2017 where non-interpolated line plots (cell-based plots) were not plotting correctly, so this is likely what you are encountering.  This has been resolved in PetraSim v2018.

If you continue to have problems or have specific questions about your license status, feel free to contact me at alison @ rockware.com.

Best Regards,
Alison

Thank you so much Alison for your explanations,

best regards