RockWare Support Forum
JPascal

RockWorks16 uses wrong UTM zone?

I have two utilities worksheets that have identical coordinates in the same project.  The one created some time ago will create a map and place it correctly in Zone 13.    The one created today with exactly the same numbers creates a map and places it in Zone 12.   I've changed no settings.   These are two utility databases in the same project.  I simply load the other file and render a map with the exact same values.   

Earlier I transferred my utility datasheet to boreholes and the program converted UTM meters to the appropriate UTM feet.  When I transfer the new data sheet to boreholes within the same project it converts the numbers to crazy things.   Easting 358713.362 UTM meters is converted to Easting -627396.6969 UTM feet.  It should be 1176881.1089 feet.

If I create a new project and tell it not to use a template but to use new settings and set everything up fresh with zone 13 and import my data sheet from excel and if I have *exactly* the easting and northing that I want, be they in meters or if I already have them converted to feet and I am careful to have them properly labeled for UTM feet with the correct units specified, the program applies a conversion to them and I get the same crazy -600,000 numbers and maps that put me in Zone 12. 

I am at a complete loss to understand why UTM feet in the utility table would have a conversion applied when transferred to the borehole manager with the exact same units specified.

Hi JPascal,

It sounds like the projection for the new datasheet is incorrect. Set the correct zone in the pane to the right of the sheet.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc.

UtilitiesDatasheetUTMZone.png