RockWare Support Forum
asif

Need help to create a 2D striplog section

I have added the lithology datasheet for all of my boreholes and wanted to create a 2D striplog section. The litholog data was actually collected from auger drilling, so the thickness of the boreholes vary from 1.5 - 2 meters. Now whenever I process my data, the resultant hole to hole section comes out of too small (Indicated by red arrow in attached JPEG file). 

Is there any way I can modify the scale of the axes to get a presentable log section for my report? 

(I must confess, I'm a very new user and I need these log sections for my undergrad geoscience project)

forum.jpg

Hi Asif,

If your cross section is very long and the boreholes very shallow you will need to apply vertical stretch to the diagram so that it does not look so flat. (By default it displays sections at 1:1.)

Click the Perimeter Annotation Options "Options" button and enter a value into the Intended Vertical Exaggeration prompt. If you enter "5" for example then the vertical axis will be stretched by a factor of 5. Click OK to close the Options window, and re-Process the section.

By setting this before the diagram is generated, RW will be better able to scale the diagram annotation, fonts, etc. when the vertical stretch is applied. You can refer to the Help topic:
https://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/striplog_perim.htm

For further assistance it might be helpful to see your data, you can use the Borehole Manager's File | Archive Database to Text menu option to create a project ZIP file which you can email to support at rockware.com.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

wow.. It works. Thank you so much.

Now, by any chance is there any horizontal stretch like this. Because I need to increase my column width too.

Hi asif,

To change the column width of each data type, view the options in the 2D Striplog Designer for that type.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc