RockWare Support Forum
ezaldeen

RockWorks 16 Error - Solid Model Requires 3 points, Creating a Lithology Solid Model

Hmm, looks like you have the Symbol column selected for your G-Value. Without seeing your data I'd suspect that's the problem.

Also, be sure to check your filters on the right side of the window so you don't filter out all your data points.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Symbole-Filters.png

Thank you very much for kind reply, G-value refer to lithology type, but how I can define it in the datasheet in term of data and the her heading .

If your lithology types are numeric values, you can create a solid model. 

In the Utilities datasheet, each lithology value requires an X, Y, an Z value where X and Y are easting and northing, and Z is elevation.

Normally, lithology is modeled in the Borehole Manager, where the Location table defines the borehole name. XY location, and elevation. The Lithology table associated with each borehole has the Depth-To-Top, Depth-To-Base, and Lithology name. RockWorks converts the depths to elevations based on the elevation of the borehole. The Lithology Types table defines the Lithology Names and corresponding numeric G-values, patterns, colors, and other information. 

You are welcome to send your data file and I'll take a look.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Thank you very much for kind helping, the polygon has been successfully created, but other issue I'm searching solution for Polygon clip, where I'm looking to display contour lines inside the polygon, but I observed the contour displayed out of the polygon.

Please find the attachment for more details.

Thank you again all for kind support & helping  

Polygon clip issue.docx

Polygon clip issue.png

Hi ezaldeen,

The settings in the menu on the left specify that the value inside the polygon should be changed to 0, and the values outside the polygon are unchanged. 

To specify contours inside the polygon, change the Filter Type to Exterior and the New Exterior Value to NULL.

You may also want to change the Output (Grid) Model name from Undefined_out... to a more meaningful name.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

PolygonClipChangeSettings.png

Dear all;

Kindly, one more issue in respect of polygon map, the shape of outer border of the map is zigzag shape, how I can remove it.

Please find attachment for more details.

Best regards

zigzag-map.jpg

Hi ezaldeen,

I cannot find the attached file. Please post it again.

The jagged edges are the result of the triangles used to show the contour color fills. Turn off the color fills or draw a white rectangle to cover the jagged edges.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

I am using rockworks 16 and in that stratigraphy>projected Section of 4 wells but continuous having this error

5ccbc042b9048_Untitled-1copy.thumb.jpg.0fd15db53e11464d7841f5ba58524de2.jpg

Dear Kashiii,

With the setting enabled to Interpolate Surfaces, RockWorks attempts to create a Stratigraphy grid for each formation listed in the Stratigraphy Types Table. The error indicates that at least one formation does not have three data points to create the grid.

You can skip this formation by removing the check mark from the Show In Legend option in the Stratigraphy Types Table.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc