RockWare Support Forum
hydrogeomkl

Vertical scales on precipitation and well hydrograph

I can not get the precipitation and water level hydrograph vertical scale axes to work together. The precipitation graphs fine on left axis, water level does not show up on scale.

Hi hydrogeomkl,

I cannot duplicate the problem with the Hydrograph_01.RwDat file in the RockWorks 17 \Samples\ folder.  Send me your data file and I'll take a look.

Regards,
Tom B
RockWare Inc

Hydrograph.png

Please give the hydrograph routine a run for the Devonian aquifer and TH-16. Although I have had the same non-scalable Y-axis for water levels on all of my boreholes. Many thanks for your help/insights.

I get a good plot when I multiply the Precipitation (m) by 1000 to show Precipitation (mm).

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

2017-07-24_13-13-57-493.png

Tom,

The conversion of precip from m to mm worked well/better. Ironically, I started in mm, and thought having the same units on both Y-axes may helpful, but obviously was not. The hydrograph below is way better, however, only the initial two elevations are correct. The flat line water levels across the top of the graph appear to be only the collar elevation. The Devonian water elevation should be between 240 and 250m amsl, roughly. I paste in a screenshot of an Excel graph I just made. Thanks again for your help.

Mark

2017-07-24_14-50-07-008.png

Hi Mark,

I can't duplicate your water levels with the data you sent for TH-16 Devonian using RockWorks 17.

What version of RockWorks are you using?

Tom B

RockWare Inc

2017-07-24_14-58-26-279.png

I like your hydrograph, so what's my problem? I just loaded up the new version 15 minutes ago, and I get the same lame flat line water level elevation as before.  I am on Rev 2017.6.1

It doesn't matter which TestHole I select, or Aquifer, I get the same problem. It's like RW is stopping the elevation calculation after a couple of water levels, and then just plotting the collar elevation. I am glad to see that it worked for you! Encouraging.

Backup your project and send me the ZIP, so I can look at your settings.

Regards,
Tom B

RockWare Inc

Hydrograph7-24-2017 3-11-37 PM.png

Hi Mark,

It looks like there is a problem measuring the water level elevation based on the Collar Elevation.  Change the From Elevation setting to Measured from Elevation and recalculate the XYZ values.  Change it back to Measured from Collar Elevation and recalculate the XYZ values to work around the problem.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

HydrographMenuFromElevationNotCollar.png

Tom, Many thanks for the fix, so to speak. Switching to Measured from Elevation did the trick this morning when I tried at home. Then I got to the office, had not rebooted, and it wasn't plotting WLs again. I flipped the Measured from button back to Collar and it worked. Then I reloaded WL data (had made edits after reviewing hydrographs), and it didn't work again. So I flipped the switch again, it recalculated all the WL elevations and it worked again. Kinda weird, but at least I know how to get it to work again. thanks.