JoshM

P-Data not importing correctly

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to import a P-Data table into Rockworks and the data is not being uploaded in to the project. I've tried using the bulk import as well as the import single table method. In the p-data types table, all the column names are being recognized from the import table, but not all the min value and max value records are being populated. The units column is blank as well. Also, when I scroll through the borehole data in the borehole manager with the p-data button selected, none of the boreholes have data. I've imported P-Data into Rockworks before with no issues. Not sure what's wrong this time. I've attached the table I'm trying to use for the import. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

I am using Rockworks v.17 Revision 2017.6.1.

Thank you

P-Data.xlsx

Hi Josh,

Your Excel file is not in the Single Table format

I am able to import your P-Data sheet using the Multiple Table format. I do not have your project with your borehole locations, so I added a Location sheet to your Excel file with the borehole names, easting, northing, elevations, and total depths. The Locations and P-Data sheet imported correctly, except for cells with non-numeric values, e.g. "11.1 J" in one of the Tritium Value cells.

The min max values in the P-Data types table are not updated for some data types due to the non-numeric values.  All the Tritium values have a non-numeric "J" in them.

Units are not intended to be imported.

You are welcome to upload a project backup ZIP file to http://rockware.com/backup and I will be happy to take a look.

Regards,

Tom B

Rockware Inc

P-DataImportJoshMcAteer.png

I got the table to import using the Multiple Tables method and there are many more values showing up now. Is there a way to show the values with non-numerical ("J")?  I need to make a cross section showing the borehole logs, stratigraphy, and the P-Data values, including those with text ("J" flags). Is this possible or do I have to enter them into the cross-section manually as text. Is the only way to show p-data in the form of curves alongside the well construction symbology in the section? I need to show actual numbers next to the correct depth along the borehole. I uploaded my project to https://www.rockware.com/upload/  

Thank you

Hi Josh,

To expand on what Edward says above, the non-numeric portion is handled by the P-Text table. If you want to numeric portion to be modeled, place it in the P-Data table, e.g "16"  in P-Data and "J" in P-Text.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc